"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DID lose my lanyard on Space Mountain - one of those really fast “humps” - felt the lanyard flying off but was so engrossed in holding on myself for dear life, I didn’t save the lanyard. Gah - had to walk all the way back to the front gate to get another one. :(
Dh lost his phone on space and then we rode again and I heard him in front of me yelling “great now I’m gonna lose my lanyard too!” Lol he was having a rough night.

I DID lose my lanyard on Space Mountain - one of those really fast “humps” - felt the lanyard flying off but was so engrossed in holding on myself for dear life, I didn’t save the lanyard. Gah - had to walk all the way back to the front gate to get another one. :(
Mine flew off completely but I somehow caught it at the back of my head just in time. I'm so sorry you had to trek all the way over there for a replacement!

Good morning.. we’re heading to MK for a full day then we will finish it with the after hours.. I know it’s gonna be a long day but we’re excited.. any tips on how to start the DAH? Should we start from Adventure land and go clockwise or do you have any other opinion?

Good morning.. we’re heading to MK for a full day then we will finish it with the after hours.. I know it’s gonna be a long day but we’re excited.. any tips on how to start the DAH? Should we start from Adventure land and go clockwise or do you have any other opinion?

I'd personally start somewhere where crowds/day guests aren't. That generally means low priority rides/attractions.... PeopleMover... Country Bears.... Tiki Room. Something to kill a bit of time during that initial 30ish minutes to let day guests and any lingering lines on bigger rides filter out.

But, no real right/wrong strategy and you can kind of make you own adventure. Hope you have fun!

We started DAH by getting snacks in Frontierland, ate them on the way to Adventureland, got more snacks at Adventureland, and sat down across from the snack cart to eat. We just wanted to sit and relax and people watch at first because we had already done some rides before dah started.

Sorry for the late report...but we attended the sold out 8/4 event. It really did not feel busy at all. Everything was walk on for us except 7DMT. The most we waited for it was 20 mins if that. We did twice at separate times during the event. We rode all of our favorite rides twice and some rides we rode 3 times. Some rides that we don't enjoy we skipped though like Pooh. We met the princesses at Princess Hall. Every cart we visited was fully stocked of beverages and snacks. All in all I really enjoyed the event. I think it was well worth the $89 we paid for tickets as AP holders. Not sure how I would feel about the event had we paid the full $120 for the event. At $89 I think 3 hours was enough. It is something we would like to do again, but only at the discounted AP price. It also made me realize how much the Fast Pass system has screwed up the wait times for rides. As mentioned earlier the only ride we actually had to wait for was 7DMT, but the line was continuously moving due there being no FP. Reminded me of the days before FP. I now sincerely believe that if Disney did away with the FP system the wait times for rides would go down. The day before our After Hours event we went to Epcot and had to do the standby line for Fast Track. I was shocked at how few standby people they let into the holding area where you wait to enter the room to build your car. Only handful at a time. Everyone else was FP. I was disgusted. Disney really needs to come up with a better system than this.

This is probably a silly question, but are you allowed to take the free popcorn on a ride (something like Pirates or Haunted Mansion - not a roller coaster)?

This is probably a silly question, but are you allowed to take the free popcorn on a ride (something like Pirates or Haunted Mansion - not a roller coaster)?
Bring a gallon ziploc bag to put the popcorn in and you'll be good. That's what we did and it worked perfectly.

We were able to take everything on the rides. Not one Cast Member told us to finish our ice cream bar before we got in the ride car. We even saw one couple keep their coffee cup on BTMRR. The Cast Member laughed as the train car rolled away and just said he was glad that none of us would be sitting in that car when the train came back into station.

We were able to take everything on the rides. Not one Cast Member told us to finish our ice cream bar before we got in the ride car. We even saw one couple keep their coffee cup on BTMRR. The Cast Member laughed as the train car rolled away and just said he was glad that none of us would be sitting in that car when the train came back into station.
We weren't allowed to take ice cream on Pooh in March.

Kind of pretty stout looking MK wait times right now. Might not bode well for the early portion of DAH. Regardless, hope everyone has a great time tonight!

Bring a gallon ziploc bag to put the popcorn in and you'll be good. That's what we did and it worked perfectly.

Ohh - smart! Thank you. I want to get popcorn, but also want to ride as much as possible and know I wouldn't be able to finish a whole popcorn in between rides.

HAHA! That's impressive if they didn't spill.

We weren't allowed to take ice cream on Pooh in March.

Good to know - thank you!

Ohh - smart! Thank you. I want to get popcorn, but also want to ride as much as possible and know I wouldn't be able to finish a whole popcorn in between rides.

HAHA! That's impressive if they didn't spill.

Good to know - thank you!
I got the idea from someone on here. Having ziploc bags for popcorn was amazing and we used them to take popcorn back to our room too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter