"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feels less busy than 8/4 but the snack cart lines are ridiculously long. There needs to be more of them or more workers. Or don’t offer it at all. Easy to say just go to another one but not so easy if you aren’t near another one. My kids got on Astro orbiter and husband in line for ice cream. Astro orbiter finished and husband still 10 people away from being served

Feels less busy than 8/4 but the snack cart lines are ridiculously long. There needs to be more of them or more workers. Or don’t offer it at all. Easy to say just go to another one but not so easy if you aren’t near another one. My kids got on Astro orbiter and husband in line for ice cream. Astro orbiter finished and husband still 10 people away from being served
I agree. I walked by many carts tonight where the line was way too long. Thankfully, the snack cart by haunted mansion had only one person ahead of me at that time we really needed water. There is really not that many snack carts out. The one in Tomorrow land was always very long.

last night 8/11 we only waited about 10 minutes for 7DMT and walked on Peter Pan. Last week 8/4 mine train took us 25 and we never went on PP because of the line. The crowds felt thinner. We walked to BTMR about 1240 and there was hardly anyone over there - no one walking in front of us on site. We finished the night with getting on splash about 1255. Snacks between 4 of us included 6 ice creams, 5 drinks and 2 popcorns.
I’m thinking the wrist bands have to have helped. Of note we did see people about 1045 trying to get on IASW that didn’t have party tickets and CMs seemed to be really watching things. All CMs we encountered and cheery and having fun.

eta - we walked on everything else we rode including space mountain, which was down about 1 1/2 hours before park close but magically reopened during DAH.

Last edited:
last night 8/11 we only waited about 10 minutes for 7DMT and walked on Peter Pan. Last week 8/4 mine train took us 25 and we never went on PP because of the line. The crowds felt thinner. We walked to BTMR about 1240 and there was hardly anyone over there - no one walking in front of us on site. We finished the night with getting on splash about 1255. Snacks between 4 of us included 6 ice creams, 5 drinks and 2 popcorns.
I’m thinking the wrist bands have to have helped. Of note we did see people about 1045 trying to get on IASW that didn’t have party tickets and CMs seemed to be really watching things. All CMs we encountered and cheery and having fun.

Thank you for review. Awesome to read about 10 minute wait times for 7DMT. :)
I hope they use the wristbands going forward.

Thank you for review. Awesome to read about 10 minute wait times for 7DMT. :)
I hope they use the wristbands going forward.
The listed wait time seemed to be posted at 25. The first time we went to get on the line looked like it could be that but we jumped on Pooh and the teacups and went back and it was shortened

Wow last night was a great party. The 8/11 party was a success for us. I was curious to see what others said but for the middle of August we felt MK was not that bad before the party started. We got in at 6:30.

At around 8:30 the skies got dark and we said wow it looks like rain and then there was a lightning strike that looked like it hit MK. People started to scream. It was pretty freaky. We never saw anything like it plus no rain at all. So then many rides closed for a while. Otherwise we could have done more rides before the party.

We listened to the boards and got most of our snacks in the hub. It was empty whenever we went. But there were long lines everywhere else. They also never ran out of anything all night. We got probably two snacks a person and 2-3 waters per person for our family.

All the CMs were wonderful. More friendly then usually. Good job Disney. So many of them were fun. My son and I got into a battle on Buzz and we did it 5 times in a row (had to get off each time) and the CM was keeping track and teased my son when I won best out of 5. We just kept laughing.

Everything for us was a walk on except 7DMT was about 15 minutes at 12:45am. They let people on rides until the very end. So if you have 2 minutes left - go for it! Space was a walk on for us. And our kids went on again. The CM said they were specifically told not to allow guests to use the short cut. Not sure why. So they had to go in and out again. No big deal. Later in the night space had a minimal wait.

We had a minimal wait - 5 minutes at the Speedway at 11:45pm and 5 min at Winnie the Pooh at 12am.

We got a family portrait in the hub at 1:15am. We saw the Goodnight Kiss and left. There was still many people in the park.

For leaving, we called for two Lyfts at 1:30 at the CR and we were back in our room at AKL by 1:50am. We did see very long bus lines. Disney needs to fix that.

They did add a wristband for last night that for the beginning of the party they were checking. Two people tried to get on Buzz without wristbands but with the lanyards and the CM stopped them and said you need wristbands.

It truly was wonderful and my kids were thrilled with me for the idea of the party. We would definitely do it again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Re taking food on rides: I noticed CM made guests finish/dispose of food twice before entering the queue — HM & Peter Pan. So I’m guessing it varies maybe by attraction and CM.

Wrist bands definitely prevented swapping of tags between people. I’m guessing they will vary the color with each event. I’m wondering whether that might account for there being fewer people? Did notice CM refusing to allow guests online precisely at 10–even checked her watch. So they seem very serious about enforcing the time.

Wow last night was a great party. The 8/11 party was a success for us. I was curious to see what others said but for the middle of August we felt MK was not that bad before the party started. We got in at 6:30.

At around 8:30 the skies got dark and we said wow it looks like rain and then there was a lightning strike that looked like it hit MK. People started to scream. It was pretty freaky. We never saw anything like it plus no rain at all. So then many rides closed for a while. Otherwise we could have done more rides before the party.

We listened to the boards and got most of our snacks in the hub. It was empty whenever we went. But there were long lines everywhere else. They also never ran out of anything all night. We got probably two snacks a person and 2-3 waters per person for our family.

All the CMs were wonderful. More friendly then usually. Good job Disney. So many of them were fun. My son and I got into a battle on Buzz and we did it 5 times in a row (had to get off each time) and the CM was keeping track and teased my son when I won best out of 5. We just kept laughing.

Everything for us was a walk on except 7DMT was about 15 minutes at 12:45am. They let people on rides until the very end. So if you have 2 minutes left - go for it! Space was a walk on for us. And our kids went on again. The CM said they were specifically told not to allow guests to use the short cut. Not sure why. So they had to go in and out again. No big deal. Later in the night space had a minimal wait.

We had a minimal wait - 5 minutes at the Speedway at 11:45pm and 5 min at Winnie the Pooh at 12am.

We got a family portrait in the hub at 1:15am. We saw the Goodnight Kiss and left. There was still many people in the park.

For leaving, we called for two Lyfts at 1:30 at the CR and we were back in our room at AKL by 1:50am. We did see very long bus lines. Disney needs to fix that.

They did add a wristband for last night that for the beginning of the party they were checking. Two people tried to get on Buzz without wristbands but with the lanyards and the CM stopped them and said you need wristbands.

It truly was wonderful and my kids were thrilled with me for the idea of the party. We would definitely do it again in a heartbeat.
Huh so people really were trying to get on rides without clearly paying to be there. That’s so sad that people think that’s okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter