Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Your plan can work for you

Some of the five in the front houses are great
A few I’m the back did not thrill me
Blumhouse did nothing
for me

Watch the reviews here and other places to make sure which group of houses are for you

Houses get tweaked frequently for improvements during the hhn season

Question for you folks that have done the RIP tours.. What do you tip the tour guide?? We're doing a public tour on the 31st and I'm just trying to plan accordingly. Thanks!

I tip 20% of the tour cost pre discount
Per person

10% off cost before discount is acceptable and many do that

The amount is what I was told by employees when I asked

It is a tipped position

I tip 20% of the tour cost pre discount
Per person

10% off cost before discount is acceptable and many do that

The amount is what I was told by employees when I asked

It is a tipped position

Thanks Mac. When you say discount, are you referring to the annual pass discount?

So for those who have been a lot of nights, what was probably the least crowded week so far?

I hope it wasn't mine (first week of October) because it seemed pretty busy.

So for those who have been a lot of nights, what was probably the least crowded week so far?

I hope it wasn't mine (first week of October) because it seemed pretty busy.

The first week for us felt the quietest.......excluding opening night! That was chaos....

First Sunday felt quieter than opening night, but still busier than usual.......First Wednesday was thankfully dead.......it really was quiet and the only quietish night we had. Then it was just busy.

Second week was just busy........even the Wednesday.........

We thought Wed the 19th was not busy at all. All of the houses had a short wait time, especially those in the back.

Thurs the 20th was not too bad. We had our non-private RIP tour that night. I could tell the crowds were larger as it was harder to get through the Scare Zones.

Fri the 21st was crazy busy. The lines for the specialty drinks, food and houses was nuts. We used our Express Pass for every house that night.

Sat the 22nd was the busiest day during our trip. It was hard to get through the scare zones, there was so many people. The Express pass was wonderful and well worth the money.

So is hhn kind of going the way of mnsshp? Well all the future hhn just be so busy you need a military level strategy plan or express pass to enjoy?

Absolutely........opening night was unbelievable for crowds......especially as the night went on.......

Yes, you may get quieter times during a night, but generally speaking it’s much busier especially compared to a few years back........it’s just getting busier and busier.......2007 seems positively deserted in comparison!!

I couldn’t imagine doing it without EP.

Heidijane.....yep, the first Wednesday 19th was deserted........amazingly quiet.......probably our favourite night of the Whole event........following Wednesday was completely different. It was so busy!

From Bioreconstruct

Picture taken at entrance on Wednesday October 10th around 6.25pm.

Sign for hotel guest entrance over to the right of the picture.

DpLi5bqUcAA7yM6.jpg

Anyone know if the half-RIP folks get loinge/food access before or after the tour?

We went to guest services and bought our HALF-RIP for tonight, but they were pretty confused. It took a few minutes to convince them that it was even a thing.

They said we can't pick the tour houses (front/back) and that would be up to the guide. We'll ask when we get over to the VIP area tonight

Anyone know if the half-RIP folks get loinge/food access before or after the tour?

We went to guest services and bought our HALF-RIP for tonight, but they were pretty confused. It took a few minutes to convince them that it was even a thing.

They said we can't pick the tour houses (front/back) and that would be up to the guide. We'll ask when we get over to the VIP area tonight

Please please please come back and give us a report! I'm doing this the week after next vs EP.

It's all been very confusing.

We just checked in at the VIP Center and they also seemed to be confused by this half-RIP. I suggest calling it "the 5 house tour" that seems to be the one phrase that makes sense to them.

When checking in, it's loud and crammed in that area. 3 people are asking you questions.

What's your last name?
How do you spell that again?
Could it be under a different name?
Where are you from? And when we say, he says he knows exactly where it is then proceeds to tell us where it is except that he's wrong.
"I need to take all of your passes, I'll be back"
"have you been to HHN?"
"Are you sure you didn't give another name"
"ready to get scared?"

And on and on and on. Rapid fire.

Finally, the guy comes back with our passes, he went to talk to some, what looked like, supervisors and said "okay, you are seeing the tent houses tonight. That's the tour we have."

We wanted the other, but oh well.

Queued up now to get I to the park then will meet at La Bamba later......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter