Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

It actually sounds like it wasn't too terrible. Although, maybe I am just preparing for the worst this weekend. You got to do a lot of houses though. Do you think you still want to do Stranger Things a zillion times on the RIP Tour;)

What @iivye said. @OhioStateBuckeye decided to do Poltergeist, because they didn't get into the first pen at Finnegan's. They thought the ST wait would just be too long. It sounds like you have to get to Finnegan's closer to 4pm to get into the 1st pen.

Yep I do. Stranger things a million times.

So it seems wise, especially since we will be there on a Saturday (13th), we should be at Finnegan's at 4:00? And did anyone have to stand in a long line to be served a drink at the bar? Especially you who have been on a Saturday. I am starting to worry.

There was a FedEx party last night (Wed). That drove up the normally slower Wednesday HHN crowds.

Anyone try the 5 house RIP tour yet? Rumors are that it's half the price of the 10 house tour, which would make it about $10 more than EP (on the specific night I looked at).

Rumors say it's only available day of, and at the front gate. You can choose from 1 of 2 tours: Stranger Things, Scary Tales, Carnival Graveyard, Poltergeist, and Halloween or Stranger Things, Trick 'r Treat, Seeds, Blumhouse, and Dead Exposure.

I'm trying to figure out what would be the better option - 5 house RIP or EP.

With the RIP, you could knock out the 5 houses quickly, but then you'd be in standby for the remaining 5. Go fast, then slow.

With EP, you'd get the EP line at all 10 houses. More of a medium pace at all houses.

I can't see that one would have a great advantage over the other.

Any thoughts?

Came back early tonight.

Well do my wait time write up tomorrow, going to go to bed so I can do studios at 7 am.

I will say, tonight was very empty for the first about two hours, then got a lot busier.

I think Mummy had single rider open when we were there but line wait time exaggerated first night, the second night we did rides we had EP.

I'd do EP again hands down. Even though we had RoF and 4 nights and probably didn't need it, we got to do houses multiple times and our favorites 3 and 4 times. And we didn't ever go open to close either.

Thinking of doing a trip report on our experience as we did 1- offsite (including parking experiences, although I do believe the free premium helped), 2-EP only one night. Helpful or not?

Anyone try the 5 house RIP tour yet? Rumors are that it's half the price of the 10 house tour, which would make it about $10 more than EP (on the specific night I looked at).

Yes, it is half the price of RIP, but like RIP was told price will fluctuate according to when you go ex..Wednesday is cheaper then Friday-Saturday.

This is first year being offered and as you said purchased day of only.

Wow, thanks for the info on the half price RIP tour, this is the first I have heard of it. Do you know where you can purchase this and can you buy it in the AM or do you have to wait until HHN starts? Also, does it include the snacks and AOV show like the full RIP tour? Thanks!

Yes this is new this year for the 5 house hhn public tour for $100

And is bookable only on Wednesday
The only thing I can add is you can not guranteed which of the 5 houses will be used for the tour until that day

The houses to be used are not know in advance
It is announced the day of the trip

It is a sweet deal

Wow, thanks for the info on the half price RIP tour, this is the first I have heard of it. Do you know where you can purchase this and can you buy it in the AM or do you have to wait until HHN starts? Also, does it include the snacks and AOV show like the full RIP tour? Thanks!

From what I was told it incliudes 5 houses only as a public hhn tour

Once you are done with the houses, do that show and rest of the houses that evening on your time

I have seen some signs and a little tent up by the Universal globe. That may be where you buy it.

Report from Thursday Oct 4.

We went into Finnegan's holding area around 4:45. We were shocked to see that the first holding pen was only about halfway full, so we decided to just go ahead and get in there. We had thought we were doing Poltergeist first, but with how far up we were we changed our minds to Stranger Things. We were let out at 5:35 and led in a pretty orderly line to Stranger Things.

Stranger Things: in line at 5:36, finished at 6:03.

Scary Tales: in line at 6:05, finished at 6:19.

We wanted to get in line for Halloween 4, but it still hadn't opened by now. We took a few steps inside and it looked packed and still wasn't open so we turned around and left.

Trick R Treat: in line at 6:31, finished at 6:40. It was just an immediate walk in.

Seeds of Extinction: in line at 6:45, finished at 6:57.

Dead Exposure: in line at 7:08, out at 7:19.

Slaughter Sinema: in line at 7:21, out at 7:33.

Could have done Blumhouse with a short wait, but we hate it.

Saw the 7:45 Cyberpunk Villains show walking in 5 minutes before.

Rode Gringott's, posted wait was 10, waited 25.

We wanted to make it an early night, we were going to get into Studios at 7 am opening the next morning so didn't see a need to do long ride waits.

Stopped at the Vamp 85 scare zone and had the syrup and waffles slushy. It was very sweet but decent. Had a good time watching the scare actors.

I had seen some people walking around with the little wolfman stuffed animal and wanted one, so we went to the games in front of the Stranger Things queue.

It cost $6 to play, or $9 just to purchase the little stuff animal. The worker convinced me to play and I got three tries to hit the teeth in on a pumpkin. I actually got it my third try and won my little wolfman.

Then we made our way our pretty early around 9:30, all the wait times had gone up to at least 45 minutes at that point.

From what I was told it incliudes 5 houses only as a public hhn tour

Once you are done with the houses, do that show and rest of the houses that evening on your time

This is very interesting to me, if its $100 on a Wednesday, for the night we are going, (the 24th), that would make the 5 house RIP Tour cheaper than the EP.

This is very interesting to me, if its $100 on a Wednesday, for the night we are going, (the 24th), that would make the 5 house RIP Tour cheaper than the EP.
Every other HHN related ticket has variable pricing. I don’t think there is any way that they forgot that when pricing the half RIP.

Had an amazing time last night with @soniam and @OhioStateBuckeye during the RIP private tour.
Hands down, If you can splurge on this I would recommend it, the guide gave some cool info on each house and scare zone before we went in, the appetizer and dessert food was very tasty and plentiful, the tour guide absolutely caters to your needs, he does whatever the group wants, we ended up going to all the houses twice (minus Blumhouse, Trick r treat, and Seeds of extinction by group choice) did rides and took multiple breaks.
Having done all the houses I can now rank them from best to worst for me:
1 Scarytales
2 Stranger Things
3. Poltergeist
4. Patient Zero
5. Carnivale Graveyard
6 Trick r Treat
7. Seeds of Extinction
8. Slaughter Cinema
9. Halloween
10. Blumhouse

I was hoping to meet you and all In Soniam’s group Friday night
Believe our two groups had the same meet up time at LaBamba

As @yulilin3 said, the RIP Tour is great! This post is only allowing me to add 10 pics so I'll add the rest in another post.

We were let into the VIP building area around 5:30. We checked in and went upstairs to relax. There was a balcony that overlooked all the crowds waiting to get in. They had a TV playing HHN promos.

IMG_20181005_173434-resized.jpg

We met our tour guide and got exclusive tour lanyards. We headed over to Cafe La Bamba to relax before we started. They had appetizers, desserts and drinks.

IMG_20181005_174950-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175039-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175041-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175042-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175147-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175226-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175345-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175347-resized.jpg IMG_20181005_175358-resized.jpg

We were able to stay there as long as we wanted. There was a cash bar, but other than that there was tea, coffee, lemonade and pop that was complimentary.

It felt a little weird to not be in a stay and scream getting ready to rush to houses but I quickly got over that.

Throughout our breaks during the night there would be random scare actors in the building who would interact and take pictures with you.

We all had a lot of food and desserts and were finally ready to go. We started off at Halloween, since it was the closest house. It was pretty nice bypassing the lines, especially express. Sorry not sorry express, I watched you guys walk past me for the past three event dates.

We walked through the Killer Klowns scare zone on our way to the front of the park. The way we did the scare zones was that our tour guide slowly walked through with his raised light up stick. You could stick with him or take your time going through the scare zone. He waited at the end of the scare zone for everyone to catch up then moved on.

There were basically 3 areas of houses. Halloween was off by itself in the middle of the park, then the front of the park we could get to 4 houses within a matter of minutes, Stranger Things, Carnivale Graveyard, Scary Tales and Poltergeist. We did all 4 of those and repeated Poltergeist then headed out and went through some scare zones.

We took another break at Cafe La Bamba, the food was still out at this point.

You basically take as many breaks as the group wants, plus one mandatory half hour break.

A few of the attractions close before the park closes at 11 pm. Gringotts is one of them so we headed there next. We were back doored onto the ride (this means you skip all the queue area including pre-shows) and decided to immediately ride a second time. We chose this time for our mandatory half hour break so those of us who wanted butterbeer or to enjoy Diagon Alley could do so.

After this we headed to the long walk houses of Trick R Treat and Seeds of Extinction. We only did these once, I probably would have requested a second go round but it had been a long trip and my feet were tired. Your tour guide will encourage you to do any repeats while there since these houses are a bit out of the way.

Then we went to Slaughter Sinema and Dead Exposure, we did both twice. Dead Exposure was much better to enter when it was already dark. The house is still super dark inside but I was able to see a bit better than when I entered in the daylight.

After that some of our group decided to call it a night. If you leave the tour early (you have the guide until the event closes), you can use your lanyard to gain express pass entry to all the open attractions for the rest of the night.

Since we were in the area we did MIB and also asked to do the Immigration Tour. The Immigration Tour is an event where you get to enter the big lobby/office in the queue area. We were allowed to sit at all the desks and chairs, we just couldn't touch the twins.

We did another break at Cafe La Bamba after that, surprisingly all the dessert items were still there. We were getting down to the wire at this point so we decided to do some more front of the park houses.

We repeated Halloween on the way, then did Stranger Things, Carnival Graveyard and Scary Tales again.

Pro tip, look for the two big red buttons in Carnival Graveyard and press them to experience some surprises.

We then lost some more members of the group and finished the night by riding the Mummy and Rip Ride Rocket.

Our guide stayed til the end and made sure that we all knew where we were going to get back to our hotels.

Overall a very great experience. The tour gets to set the pace of the night, though you should note that whoever's name is on the paperwork gets to make the final decision. Which was fine for us since we were all on the same page and wanted to mostly focus on the houses. Your guide will also get you VIP seating to the Academy of Villains show, but you have to go to the 9 pm showing and arrive at least half an hour early. Our group decided by consensus to skip the show, I think people were going to see it other nights. I was a little sad we didn't go, as I had seen it the night before and really liked it. But it would have taken a lot of time out of the night.

This is a great, if expensive, way to be able to experience all the houses numerous times. If we had wanted to we could have just done Stranger Things ten times in a row and only waited the amount of time it took us to walk from the exit back to the entrance.

I did mention the expense but it is completely worth it if you want a relaxing, no hassle way to experience multiple houses in the same party night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter