"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Last year for MVMCP I was worried about this issue since my last day of FPs was my coveted FOP. So bc of that, I did not make any changes to my reservation

It’s been a while since I saw you post, welcome back! I remember you from the 2017 Free Dining thread.

According to your post from 2017 your TA book your resort reservation on March 15, 2017: Post #1543,

what's confusing is: Post #15176, it sounds like you made a new reservation shortly after the Free Dining promotion dropped. That would explain why you wrote:

"Also a big shout to the TAs like the one I use. Mine wasn't able to find what we wanted like I had tried this morning but has been working all afternoon and will the next couple of days to untangle my reservations so I can keep everything I want and for my TA to get the credit too." on: Post #15188

I think you had two resort reservations and your TA cancelled one of them which is why your account was flagged and your FP’s were expunged.

Random interjection - I am also sick of the dessert party drama - start a new thread - it's just not that interesting.

Like it or not the Dessert party and FP+ are apart of the Halloween Party so I believe everyone's input is very valuable and has helped a lot of people plan for the party. If it wasn't for this thread many of us would have had no clue about the dessert party stuff going on and would have been screwed. I am grateful for everyone's input and encourage people to keep posting things that others might believe to be irrelevant to them. Comments like this make people feel like there question or comment might not be welcomed and might prevent them from sharing something or gaining information because of it. We should encourage and welcome everyone to the community.

I'm sorry if this has been posted, on the first page I see it says, for the terrace dessert party, you start off with seating for the parade but I don't see that mentioned on the Disney site, it just mentions the fireworks viewing, Is a reserved seat for the parade included?

It’s been a while since I saw you post, welcome back! I remember you from the 2017 Free Dining thread.

According to your post from 2017 your TA book your resort reservation on March 15, 2017: Post #1543,

what's confusing is: Post #15176, it sounds like you made a new reservation shortly after the Free Dining promotion dropped. That would explain why you wrote:

"Also a big shout to the TAs like the one I use. Mine wasn't able to find what we wanted like I had tried this morning but has been working all afternoon and will the next couple of days to untangle my reservations so I can keep everything I want and for my TA to get the credit too." on: Post #15188

I think you had two resort reservations and your TA cancelled one of them which is why your account was flagged and your FP’s were expunged.

Can I hire you to be my brain? Thank you, II completely forgot about that lol. Maybe that's why I got flagged. Still not sure why it was so late in my trip though.

I'm sorry if this has been posted, on the first page I see it says, for the terrace dessert party, you start off with seating for the parade but I don't see that mentioned on the Disney site, it just mentions the fireworks viewing, Is a reserved seat for the parade included?

No it is not. For some people who booked before a certain date they are honoring Parade viewing but it is not a seat for it. No details of the location has been given as they are trying to figure it out. If you have Terrace you will have a seat for firework viewing.

Like it or not the Dessert party and FP+ are apart of the Halloween Party so I believe everyone's input is very valuable and has helped a lot of people plan for the party. If it wasn't for this thread many of us would have had no clue about the dessert party stuff going on and would have been screwed. I am grateful for everyone's input and encourage people to keep posting things that others might believe to be irrelevant to them. Comments like this make people feel like there question or comment might not be welcomed and might prevent them from sharing something or gaining information because of it. We should encourage and welcome everyone to the community.
I agree about the FP discussions. But i was truly tired of scrolling through all the vague threats of cancelling because of changes in parade viewing.

Can I hire you to be my brain? Thank you, II completely forgot about that lol. Maybe that's why I got flagged. Still not sure why it was so late in my trip though.

I agree that was very weird when you received your notification, many received theirs early on. I don't recall you writing about your experience with all that construction at your resort. How was it and would you do it again? What was transportation like and where on earth did you go to eat? If memory serves, they were closing down the food court too.

I own a Silhouette machine which allows me to cut self-adhesive vinyl. I can convert the PDF files into cutting files using the software that came with my machine. I try and decorate all of my bands :-)

This is awesome! I never knew. Last ime I saw anyone talking about decorating their band people were using finger nail polish and then it moved to acrylic paint. The advancement of our modern world, your idea sounds more conducive!

No it is not. For some people who booked before a certain date they are honoring Parade viewing but it is not a seat for it. No details of the location has been given as they are trying to figure it out. If you have Terrace you will have a seat for firework viewing.

I guess I should of said reserved viewing area instead of seat lol. I saw some previous years, I think it was 2016 included with the party was a reserved area to view the parade. Was hoping they would be doing this still but didn’t see anything on the Disney site.

I guess I should of said reserved viewing area instead of seat lol. I saw some previous years, I think it was 2016 included with the party was a reserved area to view the parade. Was hoping they would be doing this still but didn’t see anything on the Disney site.

Yes they made a mistake and put that it was going to include it this year. Many people booked it and then they took it away. Thanks to a lot of people (thank you Disers) Disney was swamped with people upset and cancelling there parties. Disney decided to do the right thing and are providing an area for the parade viewing to those of us that booked prior to them taking it off the site. So some people are getting the parade viewing and others are not.

Thank you for these! I've been trying to get my son and husband on board with costumes, but they weren't interested. I showed these to my son, and he's interesting in making shirts with me. I think I'll use white paint on black shirts and then top with glow-in-the-dark paint. I'm sure that my husband will go along with the idea, since they're just shirts. :)

Thank you for these! I've been trying to get my son and husband on board with costumes, but they weren't interested. I showed these to my son, and he's interesting in making shirts with me. I think I'll use white paint on black shirts and then top with glow-in-the-dark paint. I'm sure that my husband will go along with the idea, since they're just shirts. :)

Wow, awesome!

Yes they made a mistake and put that it was going to include it this year. Many people booked it and then they took it away. Thanks to a lot of people (thank you Disers) Disney was swamped with people upset and cancelling there parties. Disney decided to do the right thing and are providing an area for the parade viewing to those of us that booked prior to them taking it off the site. So some people are getting the parade viewing and others are not.

Oh ok, bummer. Would love to have an area ahead of time. Will just try and get a good spot for the second parade. Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter