"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Just a bit confused here on which date or if you're asking in general? I know when a party sells out someone usually posts an image from WDW's ticket website which indicates sold out, I've also seen several posts from fellow DISers stating a particular date has sold out followed by images taken from twitter based on reliable sources like WDW News Today, Blog Mickey etc. I've never really paid that much attention to it. It is odd that there is a discrepancy between what the DIS has vs Touring Plans. My money is on the DIS. I know for a fact @monique5 does her due diligence to post accurate information.

Thanks! I was mainly just asking if the info on Post #3 is 100% accurate/reliable. There was another thread yesterday where there was some debate if the first party last year sold out (some DISers on that thread swore that it did), which isn’t list above or on Post #3. Mainly just curious as I’ve usually assumed this thread is more accurate than other sources.

100% accurate! :-)
I get emails. Check blog sites, other unofficial (but reliable) Disney websites, etc. Then I check Disney website to verify note no longer available. CMs, friends of CMs and other loyal Disers are good about posting those details too, if I'm not quick to post. I also check with moderator on another thread if needed.

The DVC member website doesn't seem to say how many people a DVC member can take in with them at 2:00 pm. Perhaps DVC members will get an email with more details prior to the first party.
I’m very much wondering this. We have our immediate family (DH, 2 sons, and me) as well as my stepson and girlfriend flying in from Colorado. They are not staying in our room but I manage all their plans on my MDE.

Last edited:
Have you seen this Spirit jersey?

Hocus Pocus Spirit Jersey for Women
$59.95
file_5a0eaef5.jpeg

file_05cb80db.jpeg

https://www.shopdisney.com/hocus-pocus-spirit-jersey-for-women-1477538

100% accurate! :-)
I get emails. Check blog sites, other unofficial (but reliable) Disney websites, etc. Then I check Disney website to verify note no longer available. CMs, friends of CMs and other loyal Disers are good about posting those details too, if I'm not quick to post. I also check with moderator on another thread if needed.

TY @monique5!

RE: DVC announcement

I'm not concerned with FP's as I am with Character Lines. This could really back things up if they allow guests to start forming lines even earlier, the potential is not good, not at all!

FP is still limited to 3 pre booked, then 4th, 5th etc will be based on availability that day. Nope! Can't say I'm worried about that!
I think they were referring to booking the fastpasses on the party ticket as they can now book them from 2pm on. It will be interesting to see of they get THE email.

We went the last day in August they had it last year and it rained alot. We still had fun but we're not so happy with the rain.

Add me to the list of those waiting to buy tix until I can see the weather forecast. Our only night to go is Sept 3. If its a shower or two, we can deal. If its an all out torrential rain, with shows cancelled and such, nah.

As much as i want to get them now, i'm going to go with my original plan of waiting. I'll check the accuweather hourly forecast (unless someone knows a better app :) ) on sunday and if it looks like no rain i'll buy them.

Another reason rain = no party is DD11 is being Evie and i got her custom ears and a beautiful tutu dress off Etsy, and i don't want the rain to ruin it and then she won't have it for real Halloween.

Please, please, please forgive me for bringing this subject up yet AGAIN.......my FP booking day is coming up and I'm unsure whether to book FP for the hours before the party " officially" starts?

We have 14 day ultimate tickets (from uk) and I am not booking FP for our last day as we are planning on mini golf etc.

Just after some advice, I've read A LOT about it on here and I'm soooo confused with what to do :confused3

For anyone keeping track - I got the dreaded email this morning... Our last day of FP+ reservations will be deleted on 8/1 (tomorrow). :sad2:

We are going to the 9/11 party and made FP+ reservations 3 weeks ago. I did not make any changes to our reservations. We are staying on rented DVC points and got our tickets from Undercover Tourist...

Now to go back through the thread to jog my memory on what we need to do... :crazy2:

For anyone keeping track - I got the dreaded email this morning... Our last day of FP+ reservations will be deleted on 8/1 (tomorrow). :sad2:

We are going to the 9/11 party and made FP+ reservations 3 weeks ago. I did not make any changes to our reservations. We are staying on rented DVC points and got our tickets from Undercover Tourist...

Now to go back through the thread to jog my memory on what we need to do... :crazy2:
Has anyone made FPs and NOT gotten the email yet?

Uh oh! We're going to the same party AND we also are staying on rented DVC points AND got tix through a third-party ... nothing in my inbox yet, but I'll be panicking all day.

What app do you suggest?

I only have Disney's, I'm sure others can chime in too.

To be honest with you, I'm not big on gadgets. It took my husband years of hen pecking until I finally agreed to get a cell phone. Then it took me FOREVER to abandon my Nokia 2760 flip phone! It was the perfect size, nothing wrong with it why?! :rotfl:
upload_2018-7-31_12-48-22.png

My husband bought me a Samsung 8S+ for birthday. Idk, my son who never owned a phone knew all the ins & out before I did. I'm still learning! :rotfl2:

For what it's worth... I just got off of the phone with the internet help desk. The CM said he thought I may have received the email because my 1st fast pass on the party day was to start before 4:00.

He was able to give me the placeholders on my party day, so my last day won't be impacted.

BTW - Was I mistaken? I thought booking the FP+ to start at 3:30 was ok....

Please, please, please forgive me for bringing this subject up yet AGAIN.......my FP booking day is coming up and I'm unsure whether to book FP for the hours before the party " officially" starts?

We have 14 day ultimate tickets (from uk) and I am not booking FP for our last day as we are planning on mini golf etc.

Just after some advice, I've read A LOT about it on here and I'm soooo confused with what to do :confused3

You should be able to book FPs on party tickets without issue. I don't understand, why would you be confused?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter