"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

For anyone here tonight or tomorrow they are completely sold out of all the pins and have very little remaining merch of anything else. I'm trying to decide how upset to be, considering we were charged so much more for so much less. I go on Ebay and things are selling for 5x as much. Extremely uncool, but I feel weird complaining. It's just so weird that its Halloween and nothing is left.

For anyone here tonight or tomorrow they are completely sold out of all the pins and have very little remaining merch of anything else. I'm trying to decide how upset to be, considering we were charged so much more for so much less. I go on Ebay and things are selling for 5x as much. Extremely uncool, but I feel weird complaining. It's just so weird that its Halloween and nothing is left.
That’s exactly how we felt and we were there last Tuesday and Thursday. It’s very weird to be at a Halloween party with nothing to buy.

That’s exactly how we felt and we were there last Tuesday and Thursday. It’s very weird to be at a Halloween party with nothing to buy.
Right?! There's not even any pumpkin necklaces. Was everything in the stores Christmas for you too? I just wish we were warned. I wasn't expecting this.

It wasn't nearly this bad last year for merch. I think only the popcorn buckets were completely sold out by this time.

Right?! There's not even any pumpkin necklaces. Was everything in the stores Christmas for you too? I just wish we were warned. I wasn't expecting this.
Yes lots of Christmas stuff. I understand that the Christmas parties start next week, but Christmas doesn’t. I paid to be there for Halloween, not Christmas. I knew some stuff would be sold out but it was worse than I thought and they don’t seem to care too much. I get they don’t want to make too much but if they portioned them out for each party I think they would still be fine. You know people will buy the leftovers at the outlet store.

I've been to five treat stops and this is how much I've gotten total:Screenshot_20181030-204348_Gallery.jpg
Just an FYI as everyone else has been saying how much they're getting. This is about 30 pieces.

I've been to five treat stops and this is how much I've gotten total:View attachment 362274
Just an FYI as everyone else has been saying how much they're getting. This is about 30 pieces.
That’s crazy! Why are they being so stingy?!?!?

On Sunday night the cast members were telling us to keep looping. The guy at Tortuga Tavern was the best. He kept yelling and clapping ‘go through again and treat yourself!’

TOTALLY having an awesome time at the party. I think it’s all about expectations. But from reading everything I just walked in being happy with the ambiance.

Same with us! We probably could have accomplished more during our party night, but we were having a great time just doing some photos, admiring everyone's costumes, taking part in a few rides and sticking around late for the signature party shows/fireworks. We did not do any trick or treating, I can buy M&M's and Snickers anytime. :)

We attended Friday the 26th. After reading this thread I was prepared for terrible crowds and worried that we might not have a very good time. I am very relieved to say I had nothing to worry about, we did everything I wanted to do and more and had a great time. it was crowded, maybe more so than I remember from parties 3-4 years ago, but not as bad as I had feared.

We entered around 3:00, so we had 4 hrs before the party plus party time. In no particular order (because I won't remember right anyway) we were able to:
Got our wristbands at Tortuga tavern shortly after 4:00, no line at all
Get the SOTMK card
Go through the bypass and get a photo with the frame while there
Eat at Crystal Palace at 4:50
Ride Teacups, POTC, and SM with their overlays (some jerk on the peoplemover had a super bright flashlight shining all through SM during our ride >:(>:(>:()
Ride Swiss Family Treehouse, IASW, HM (FP), Speedway, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbiter, BTMRR (FP), and the Peoplemover
Did all of the TOT trails
Got Hitchhiking ghosts, hatbox ghost, hearse driver, poison apple, headless horseman magic shots
Got HM lantern and Halloween party frame prop shots
Got PP pics with the pumpkins at the beginning of main St, HM before the party which included 1 hitchhiking ghost, Pics on Main St before the party, pics out front before the party
Shopped for merch in Emporium before 4:00, got AP shirt, ornament, and shirts for the kids. No pins at all, bought the AP one on ebay o_O
Watched the first parade from border b/w liberty square and Frontierland. Got front row at 8:45, really crowded by the time it started
Saw HH before parade
Watched Fireworks from boardwalk in Frontierland. Not terrible, but the music was faint and I really prefer watching from anywhere in the front or even side of the castle (including the Poly) better
Watched the 12:00 Hocus Pocus
Got a slushie at Big Top Souvenirs and watched the dance party while drinking it

We went through each TOT trail once, and filled the bags Disney hands you twice each. We dumped them into the larger Halloween Shopping bag that says I want Candy and had too much for the bag. We got 22.5 lbs of candy! We could have had tons more if we had repeated trails, but my son and I wanted to do each one once just because we have some OCD tendencies :P. We had no need for that much candy and my DH was rather annoyed that we were continuing to get it! Most CMs were giving out very large handfulls. I did not see any fill up a bag or give multiple handfulls. A couple of the trails were longer than we should have waited, but we didn't know until we were in the line so we stayed. It was still easily less than 10 min (ariels grotto, Philharmagic). I was surprised there weren't any long TOT trails with multiple stops like they used to have on the walkway between the fantasyland train station and SM or around the Splash Mt area at past parties.

We left after the 12:00 hocus pocus show and got the HH magic shot on the way out, and got a bus to the BC by shortly after 12:30. No one at the bus stop when we got there, and one pulled up shortly after and left with 3 groups on it. Main St was very crowded still, and the PP photographers on Main St had very long lines then. There was no line for the HH shot.

It had called for rain, but we only had a faint sprinkle once briefly early in the evening. I felt so lucky!

We had a great time! The only thing I wish I could have done differently was to honestly stress less about what we got to do vs didn't get to do, and just went and had fun. For parts of the night I was pushing my family to get to the next thing, and my kids would be wanting to stop and see something or do something else. I should have relaxed a little and let them choose more. I'm lucky they took it as well as they did, and also lucky that one son decided he really wanted to hit TOT trails and the other - to my utter astonishment- decided he liked getting magic shots!

The ride lines were very short. I did't check the big rides during the party (mine train, BTMRR, HM), but the other ones were pretty much walk ons. I did see the HM looking pretty crowded once

We had little to no waits for the magic shots.

My DH hadn't known the price, and was pretty surprised when I mentioned to him that it had been $119 each to go. I think he was thinking in the $70-$80 range! I believe his comment was "we paid almost $500 to go to that?" He wasn't necessarily upset, just incredulous.

A little disappointed in the response I got back about merchandise being sold out:

We encourage you to keep an eye on the Disney Store and Shop Disney Parks App for merchandise. Many items that you can find in the Theme Parks can be purchased online.
I got home tonight and will voice my concerns about lots of Halloween merchandise being sold out up to weeks in advance of Halloween. I’m not big on buying hard tickets for special events but am going to let Disney know that there lack of concern over highly publicized Halloween merchandise being sold out in advance of Halloween probably will affect my decision to buy tickets to another special Disney event. If they reply, I’ll post it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter