"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I ended up going to Disney’s Character Wearhouse last Wednesday and bought several Halloween items, one of which, socks that light up, I wore to last Thursday’s Party (they are a little too small to get on easily so I didn’t wear them to Sunday’s Party). I bought a Halloween Minnie Mouse riding a broomstick door mat and will hand out MNNSHP candy from a large Disney Halloween bowl. And I hung up my Disney “I Van’t Candy” sign earlier today. All were selling in the stores at MK for considerably more than at the Character Outlet store.

At tonight’s party 10/31, have done MNSSHP for past 5 years, mostly on Halloween but have never had such crowds & long wait times. It’s insane that for the premium price we pay for this party to have 50 minute waits for rides, trick or treat lines so long you cannot see the end & to boot the merchandise is sold out. Disney has always been my happy place but not tonight.

At tonight’s party 10/31, have done MNSSHP for past 5 years, mostly on Halloween but have never had such crowds & long wait times. It’s insane that for the premium price we pay for this party to have 50 minute waits for rides, trick or treat lines so long you cannot see the end & to boot the merchandise is sold out. Disney has always been my happy place but not tonight.
I guess I don’t see what you mean. The only long line is 45 for haunted mansion which is a no duh.

I guess I don’t see what you mean. The only long line is 45 for haunted mansion which is a no duh.
In my experience past years wait times were way less, the long waits were for characters, and the amount of people tonight has to be a huge increase over just last year. I’ve been here for Christmas & New Years & I’d say this is comparable in crowd size.

In my experience past years wait times were way less, the long waits were for characters, and the amount of people tonight has to be a huge increase over just last year. I’ve been here for Christmas & New Years & I’d say this is comparable in crowd size.
Yea I don’t get it at all. We’ve been three times and I thought each year was fantastic and comparable each year in size. Walked on many rides, longest wait was 15ish for haunted mansion. But maybe I just don’t see it the same way others do.

We are here tonight and our longest wait had been sitting here waiting for the fireworks. Jack and Sally took us about 50 minutes at open. Have ride HM, SM, BTMR, Pirates, space ranger, and splash, all with under 15 minute waits. Very pleased with how the night has went. Going to try and catch a few characters after the fireworks.

My 10 year old son decided not to trick or treat tonight because we brought back two suitcases full of candy and what he would have gotten tonight would be a drop in the bucket.

the lime sorbet is in the Peter Pan float that is served there daily, you can ask for the sorbet alone with no soda as well
Oh duh, I forgot about the Peter Pan float lol. We almost got that the second time, but I actually liked the cone with the lime soft serve.

What did you think of the maleficent cone? I’m pretty sure it’s my new favorite treat! We bought two of them while we were there and probably would’ve bought more.
Between the four of us we bought two cones and two of the Peter Pan floats. We all really enjoyed them but I still think the pineapple dole whip is my favourite.

All that candy I brought home to give to my trick or treaters and we had bad storms so I only got 3 kids before they started. Guess work folks will be happy....
We live in a cul-de-sac so we don't get a lot of trick or treaters. Our town's trick or treating was for 2 hours. We had a decent stream of kids the first hour, but not one kid came through the second hour. Sucks for them because I was going to dump our cauldron of candy into their bag lol. Dh is taking our 2 gallon bags full of candy that's still left over with him to work tomorrow. It was really fun being able to give such big handfuls to kids and seeing their eyes at getting so much candy!

Between the four of us we bought two cones and two of the Peter Pan floats. We all really enjoyed them but I still think the pineapple dole whip is my favourite.
We've still never had a pineapple dole whip. I'm not a huge pineapple fan, but I'll try it eventually. That lime soft serve was absolutely delicious, though!

We've still never had a pineapple dole whip. I'm not a huge pineapple fan, but I'll try it eventually. That lime soft serve was absolutely delicious, though!
I love pineapple, but am not a fan of Dole Whips (I know, blasphemy). I've tried the vanilla/pineapple swirl from Pineapple Lanai and then a regular pineapple one from Aloha Isle and neither made me want to order another. :confused3

Yes give it a try! My youngest daughter hates pineapple but still likes the pineapple dole whip, so it can’t be to real:)

We just got back from the party tonight. We closed it down! After reading this thread for the last few weeks while planning our trip I was really curious how bad the party on Halloween night would be. We are DVC so we were able to get in at 2:00 pm and that was amazing! When we arrived the first thing my daughter said was wow its really not very crowded today. The sign out front said sold out for the party tonight so we were sure that would change. From 2:00 until 6:00 we had quite a few fast passes (long but good story) and we really didn't need any of them. We used them but would have been fine without them. SPACE was 15 min wait every time we road it, BTMRR and SPLASH were 5 min waits up until 6:00 and walk ons after the fireworks. The worst line we saw was 60min for SDMT and 55 min for Peter Pan.

We lucked into last minute reservations at BOG this morning for 6:40 pm and we waited 15 min past our reservation time for that but it wasn't bad. After dinner we could tell the crowds picked up and we went to HM and it was a 35 min posted wait which was accurate. This was at the busy point of the night. After that, POTC was a 10 min wait at best but more like a walk on. We got a decent amount of candy without really having to wait and once the first parade was over we were able to walk up to the base of the Walt and Mickey statue and get a place for the fireworks about 20 min before they started. We chose to wait for the 2nd parade and went over to Liberty Square area to watch it and had a front row seat.

Overall, it got a little crowded, but never to summer levels and the weather was amazing today. I'm not sure if it was because everyone worried that it was going to be crazy or that the party ticket price was so steep that they didn't sell a lot (though it was sold out) but it sure didn't seem any worse than it was 5 or 6 years ago when we went. I would definitely go back again on this night, especially with the early DVC 2:00 entry time. I'm not sure we ever have seen SPACE at a 15 min wait in the middle of the day, same with the astro orbiter, even the TSW was 20 min or less.

Today was our first day in the parks, hoping for the same luck the rest of the trip.

Just in case anyone was wondering....this is what we look like on rides
Much more imaginative than what my son and I do for pictures on SM. Fortunately, the picture is at the start, so after that, I can prepare for the bumps that my back will take. By the way, I sent my letter to Disney, explaining why their merchandise shortages were a big disappointment to loyal customers that planned for their MNSSHP date. I immediately got back a form letter that they take my concerns seriously and my concerns would be passed on to the appropriate groups. I decided to leave out the comment that the Disney employees responsible should be replaced with EBay purchasers of MNSSHP merchandise. Haley, I did have a look at oogie boogie buckets but can’t see myself encouraging these people to keep buying Disney merchandise to sell. I’ll check EBay periodically and if the price falls to $17 (unlikely), I’ll buy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter