"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

MNSSHP 2018, It's a Wrap! :maleficen

I've loved reading the reports this year. Hopefully, we will continue to get reviews/thoughts on the last 2 Sold Out parties this week, and any other parties that PP have not posted about attending.

DSC_3164-copy.jpg

Well said @monique5!

With the turn of the calendar to November, sadly the MNSSHP-season officially comes to an end. :sad:

I wanted to take a second to send a big shout-out and thank you to @monique5 for another year of the “Official” MNSSHP thread. The time and effort put in to keeping the first few posts updated with news, information, and other event details is no small task and always immensely helpful for current planning and future MNSSHP-detail tracking. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Also a massive Thank You to the countless DISers who have contributed to the thread since Feb 2018. A special thanks to @FoxC63 and @Cluelyss for their always helpful event knowledge and contributions, and to numerous others who I’m likely forgetting.

Like many up-charge and hard-ticket events, every year MNSSHP has some ebbs and flows of experiences. This year was no different... there were good times, there were bad times. Crowded parties and not-crowded parties. Discussion of crowd levels dominated a lot of the narrative. Merchandise sold out way too early. What is obvious is that in the current environment, MNSSHP’s popularity only continues to grow, it seems.

What remains consistent year-to-year is that good event information (which Disney does not provide, so threads like this are crucial) and a plan are usually helpful ingredients for an enjoyable MNSSHP. Threads like this - and everyone’s individual contributions - help tremendously in planning, tracking event logistics, and keeping a collective DIS knowledge-base that is invaluable to current and future DISers.

Thanks again everyone. Boo to You!

:thanks:

You are just too funny and cute...both of you! I would not be able to do that on space mountain...I hold on for dear life wishing it to be over...LOL!
Haha thanks! One of our favorite parts of the trip is thinking of new poses. We had some good ones on tot too. The videos for that ride are so funny because it shows me tapping Dh and asking him to do a certain pose with me lol

I’m starting to wonder if they sold more tickets on less expensive nights? I just don’t know how almost all the early to mid season reports come back with so many crowd complaints (including my own) and then Halloween night, it doesn’t seem terribly crowded at all.

I’m starting to wonder if they sold more tickets on less expensive nights? I just don’t know how almost all the early to mid season reports come back with so many crowd complaints (including my own) and then Halloween night, it doesn’t seem terribly crowded at all.

I was dreading how crowded Halloween night would be since it’s the only night we could go, especially once it got the “Sold Out” tag, but now that we did it I think it was the best (or maybe 2nd best) crowd-wise out of 4 Halloween parties (plus one Christmas) we’ve done over the years. I was expecting an Evening EMH-level crowd which was a total zoo when we did that last year, but nope. It’s almost like the “sold out” tickets went to small kids who went home early, and the park was left clear for everyone else.

Most rides were walk-on (7DMT was always busy but eventually got down to 25, Haunted Mansion spiked after the first parade but wasn’t bad otherwise). We did Big Thunder twice in a row which was amazing in the dark, caught the Headless Horseman by accident while trying to walk from there to Pirates, which was neat. Pirates was a walk-on and a lot of fun with the actor interaction. Tons of room in the hub for a really great fireworks show too. So glad we rolled the dice and did it this year. Cast members were practically scooping candy in our bags towards the end as they had so much left. Not sure what happened to the crowds, but I’ll take it. Best party we’ve ever done.

I forgot to post this after I read the complaints, but thought I would throw it in now just for the heck of it. I suspect the shirts are huge because they are mens sizes, not unisex. I don't know how they decide which to use, but I have learned the hard way from ordering shirts from shopdisney that you have to be careful and read the descriptions, or you might get a huge size small! I also swear sometimes they don't say, you just find out when you get the shirt! I've had a few that I didn't really wear because they were way too big, and since you have to pay to return there I didn't bother because it wasn't worth it.

Boo to you :(

Halloween has come to an end again.

I can't wait for next year. I hope new characters get added, new attraction overlays are tried and that Jack and Sally stay in Town Square theater.

I hope some of my strategies helped you all.

I don't think I'm attending the MVMCP this year, but I may as well head over to that thread for character strategy.

Until next time...

Happy Happy Halloweeeen.

Just in case anyone was wondering....this is what we look like on rides
Hilarious! In 2015 dh and I posed with clasped hands under our ears with our heads tilted like we were asleep....the funniest one was doing that pose for Test Track.

I forgot to post this after I read the complaints, but thought I would throw it in now just for the heck of it. I suspect the shirts are huge because they are mens sizes, not unisex. I don't know how they decide which to use, but I have learned the hard way from ordering shirts from shopdisney that you have to be careful and read the descriptions, or you might get a huge size small! I also swear sometimes they don't say, you just find out when you get the shirt! I've had a few that I didn't really wear because they were way too big, and since you have to pay to return there I didn't bother because it wasn't worth it.
I put both that shirt and my taste your way around the world shirt in the wash yesterday. The food and wine shirt fits normal now but the Halloween one is still huge. I’ll have to do some tricks with the washer and dryer to shrink it up some

Hilarious! In 2015 dh and I posed with clasped hands under our ears with our heads tilted like we were asleep....the funniest one was doing that pose for Test Track.
We tried to get a couple to do the ymca with us on tot but they had never been on the ride and didn’t know when the camera would go off

Thanks to everyone for all of the tips and great party reviews! This was the first year I attended 2 parties, and I have no regrets. I’ll be at MVMCP this year, but nothing beats MNSSHP to me. I even love MNSSHP more than Galactic Nights— and I’m a huuuuge Star Wars fan.

My favorite pics from my parties:
DCCB9167-B755-420A-A518-309F873B8EA1.jpeg EC3A37F0-F46F-461E-88C9-584048DAC61D.jpeg 6B902920-8F95-4A0C-A85A-894A4096FCC5.jpeg 81892A1A-A2C0-4762-8C44-D9AB8ED7482A.jpeg 54FE2645-1FE8-4F8F-B115-ADAF236E2926.jpeg 670D973F-BD3E-447A-95CA-46C48A3CBB02.jpeg

I put both that shirt and my taste your way around the world shirt in the wash yesterday. The food and wine shirt fits normal now but the Halloween one is still huge. I’ll have to do some tricks with the washer and dryer to shrink it up some

I bought a BB8 shirt a couple of years ago from Disney online that was huge, and I'm not sure what it was made of without looking (and I think I donated it), but washing and drying it made no difference at all. I normally wash all of my clothes except socks/underwear and clothes for yardwork on cold/gentle and hang dry, but I don't know why because it seems like whenever I get something that is too big I TRY to shrink it and it doesn't shrink at all! But I swear if I washed in warm and dried my favorite clothes they would come out Barbie sized, so I'm not willing to chance it.

I bought a BB8 shirt a couple of years ago from Disney online that was huge, and I'm not sure what it was made of without looking (and I think I donated it), but washing and drying it made no difference at all. I normally wash all of my clothes except socks/underwear and clothes for yardwork on cold/gentle and hang dry, but I don't know why because it seems like whenever I get something that is too big I TRY to shrink it and it doesn't shrink at all! But I swear if I washed in warm and dried my favorite clothes they would come out Barbie sized, so I'm not willing to chance it.
I think this shirt is 50% cotton, but I'm not positive on that. I sure hope I can find a way to shrink it or I wasted $30.

I still struggle with my opinion/thoughts on our two party nights this year:

Friday 9/21 - $79 adult ticket and AP/DVC discounts available

Friday 10/5 - $109 adult ticket with no AP/DVC discounts available (Columbus Day weekend, cheaper parties both 10/4 and 10/7)

Both had similar weather.

I was joining the ‘too crowded chorus’ after 9/21. We ultimately had an OK night, it just ‘felt’ more crowded than my past experiences... to the point where it interfered with our enjoyment of the party. Was it more crowded? Was I just reading too much DIS? Did I make bad zig/zag decisions? Off night? I don’t really know. All I know is it wasn’t all that great a night and I was pretty bummed, as MNSSHP has been a favorite over the last few years.

10/5, while not completely night and day - was pretty darn close. From start to end the night was so much more manageable. We did tons of rides, almost all of the treat lines. Easily found spots for both parades and fireworks. Walked around the park with ease. This night elt just like my prior party experiences. It was DW’s first MNSSHP and she says we’re absolutely going back next year.

I hate to start equating the cost to crowd levels, but it was pretty much the only difference between nights. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter