"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gone to the beach at Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness on a MVMCP night to watch the fireworks? We’re attending the party on Nov 29 but are considering having dinner at Whispering Csnyon one night and maybe going to watch the fireworks on the beach after. Any thoughts? How are the views and music pumped in? Or is there another restaurant or resort hotel you’d suggest instead for a second firework viewing?

Would also be curious to see photos or a descriptive review of what the parade view is like at Tony’s if you opt to stay at the restaurant and view it from the balcony seating? I’m not familiar with Tony’s and it’s our first MVMCP so we aren’t sure what the view would be like or know if the balcony is elevated or more of a patio. We have a healthy issue in our party, so we aren’t as concerned about the million dollar view down Main Street as we are about just having a decent view of the parade, preferably with seating. If the balcony at Tony’s provides this it might be worht it for us. Especially if we don’t have to spend the whole party staking a curb side spot on the parade route.

If anyone attending Tony’s in the next week or so “dines” there with allergy/dietary restrictions, it’d be great to hear how they accommodate and what food is provided. I’ve read reviews of the dessert parties that have said the allergen offerings at the party are rather lacking for the price and not as much accommodations that’d be possible in other Disney settings. So I’d be curious how they’re accommodating at Tony’s. We’re going on Nov. 29 and are still debating if booking the party is worth it for us. We’d most be interested in how they accommodate gluten, dairy and soy allergies/restrictions.

@Zombie we are going tonight, and have similar allergies! Happy to report in!

@monique5 “see” you tonight!!!

We attended tonight’s (11/15) Tony party and had not the best experience. Arrived around 9:40 and there was literally only one table available (inside, literally only one, outside there may have been a few but it was crowded too and it was a chilly night.) Overheard cast members talking about how surprised they were with the crowd. Many many people wearing “media” and “cast” (I think they said cast, it was something to that affect) lanyards. Spoke with one of the media people and he estimated there were 100-150 media people that attended. They were not all at the party because their event started at 12ish, but he said they each could bring a plus-one if they assisted in their job. The entire area in front of the tree was taken up by media. One guy even had a wagon with his gear in the space (and they didn’t even have wrist bands, but some woman said they were with her and were let in.). A lot of tripods as well. We staked our space on the curb facing towards the hat store. We really enjoyed the parade and having a stress free viewing of it, but the media people took so much away from our experience overall. Does anyone have a suggestion of who to contact regarding our frustrations? Paying $100 dollars and sharing such a small space with non-paying bloggers was super annoying.
We were at the same party but we just told a CM that we are people & need the space more than tripods. They had a couple of tripods moved & put us in up front. The party was absolutely intensely crowded. We were very surprised.

Does anyone know the cost of the MVMCP Chip and Dale pin? Trying to make sure I bring enough money. Thank you!

Does anyone know if/when they close the pass through?

Also, thanks so much to everyone on this thread! I have a love/hate relationship with planning for these events. I love it, but at the same time it makes me really anxious. So I so much appreciate all the advice and reviews!

Has anyone gone to the beach at Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness on a MVMCP night to watch the fireworks? We’re attending the party on Nov 29 but are considering having dinner at Whispering Csnyon one night and maybe going to watch the fireworks on the beach after. Any thoughts? How are the views and music pumped in? Or is there another restaurant or resort hotel you’d suggest instead for a second firework viewing?
from Fort Wilderness

I am also curious when the ducks start meeting. I think I've narrowed the characters we want to meet down to Scrooge/Donald and Ariel & Eric. I'm torn because we've done the party before so besides my love of meeting characters there aren't many we need to meet. But I'm not sure what time they come out either. Of course, my plans are also a little up in the air as I'm not sure DH will be able to come now either. (long story) So I could be solo and I'm not sure how that would change my plans for the party?

We're going to MVMCP on 12/6 (party of 3 adults) and I have two quick questions:

1. We have a 3:35 ohana ADR. What time can we expect to be tapping into MK? 5:00? 5:30?

2. What time do they close the Enchanted Tiki Room to switch over to the Moana m&g? I love the Tiki Room and want to see if there's a chance it'll still be running when we get there. (Edited to clarify: MVMCP is the only time this trip we'll be in MK.)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if/when they close the pass through?

Also, thanks so much to everyone on this thread! I have a love/hate relationship with planning for these events. I love it, but at the same time it makes me really anxious. So I so much appreciate all the advice and reviews!
It’s posted as 8pm.

Does anyone know if you can see the perimeter fireworks from Main Street? Not sure if I should try and get towards the castle for the fireworks or just watch from the end of Main Street since I will be doing the Tony's party.

1 month until my party!!!

Last night was unfortunately “media night” — many social media “influencers” were given free tickets in exchange for blogging about the party. A way of indirect advertising.

1 month until my party!!!

Last night was unfortunately “media night” — many social media “influencers” were given free tickets in exchange for blogging about the party. A way of indirect advertising.
Is there a list to know when media nights like this are happening? Or was it just last night? I'm still toying with the Tony's party for 11/29 but not if there's a bunch of media there. I thought all the influencers went to the first party and the rest of us non-influencers were in the clear for the rest of the parties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter