"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also curious when the ducks start meeting. I think I've narrowed the characters we want to meet down to Scrooge/Donald and Ariel & Eric. I'm torn because we've done the party before so besides my love of meeting characters there aren't many we need to meet. But I'm not sure what time they come out either. Of course, my plans are also a little up in the air as I'm not sure DH will be able to come now either. (long story) So I could be solo and I'm not sure how that would change my plans for the party?
The ducks come out at 7. Not sure if Scrooge being in AK now has affected wait times much, but when we met them 2 years ago we got in line at 6:30 (I’d been hoping for closer to 6, but didn’t happen) and didn’t meet them until almost 8. Their line moves sooooo slooooooow. But they are a really fun meet!

Been here today since 1:45. Crowd level says 3 on TP but seems like a 6-7 to me . Did three Fps and now I’m line for Jack & Sally. I’ll let you know how it goes and try to give some up dates.

Is there a list to know when media nights like this are happening? Or was it just last night? I'm still toying with the Tony's party for 11/29 but not if there's a bunch of media there. I thought all the influencers went to the first party and the rest of us non-influencers were in the clear for the rest of the parties!

Same here. Attending that night and trying to decide if we should do Tony's or not.

1 month until my party!!!

Last night was unfortunately “media night” — many social media “influencers” were given free tickets in exchange for blogging about the party. A way of indirect advertising.
I'll be at the December 16th party as well! You are doing Tony's, right? Are you worried it is going to be really crowded after all the rave reviews? I was going to skip it but my mom really wants to do it, mostly for the parade view...and beer, lol.

So I've been wavering on booking the Tony's party. but after watching Tim Tracker's video of a sold out night, I decided to book it. With a toddler, it's a risk he will make it to the late parade, but we were miserable trying to stake a spot at MNSSHP and keeping him entertained, I just don't want that stress. Hopefully, we can get him to take an extra long late nap and maybe give him some extra cookies ;)

Been here today since 1:45. Crowd level says 3 on TP but seems like a 6-7 to me . Did three Fps and now I’m line for Jack & Sally. I’ll let you know how it goes and try to give some up dates.
Ok so first up date. Jack and sally was in line at 4pm and meet them at 430pm then went to get our Sorcerers cards and went to meet Moana. In line at 5:10 and we are the 4th group.

I went to the 11/12 party. I went in with a little bit of a plan but was able to do more than expected. The lines weren’t bad at all! I know my plan isn’t the best, but it shows you can do some stuff at the party. We didn’t rush through anything and took the night pretty slowly, and still got what I think was my money’s worth! The treat lines had minimal waits. Even if there were a lot of people, the lines moved very quickly.

We were already in the park and ate around 3:30 with no lines at Casey’s or Columbia Harbor House (there were also no lines when we were done eating).

4:45 Got wristbands from Philharmagic with no line

5:00 got sorcerers of magic kingdom card with no wait

5:10 made it to the back tunnel. This was pretty crowded. There were 5-10 groups in front of us for most photo spots but the ornament had at least 15 groups and we chose to skip it. (The had PhotoPass with a wreath, nutcracker, a tree, and the MVMCP red ornament. PhotoPass was great about being efficient so the lines went quickly). They were selling some merch at a cart, which had no line. This is also where we got our Santa Mickey cookie. There were a lot of people in the tunnel. We stopped for 2 photos and were out at 5:22.

5:45 rode Many Adventures Winnie the Pooh with our fp (at this point, 7D meet was 2 hours long according to cm)

6:05 got in line for Tigger and friends with 1 group in front of us. They started meeting at 6:30, which is exactly when they came out. (We were done meeting them at 6:34)

I got a cookie from storybook circus at this time. A lot of people but I didn’t have to wait at all.

6:40 in line to meet Scrooge and Donald (started meeting at 7). I counted somewhere between 15-20 groups in front of us. Met them at 7:22

7:30 were in front of the castle for mickeys most merriest. Not too bad if looking at castle on the right side once you got past the parade crowds (which were already about 5 rows deep in front of the castle at this point).

Watched most merriest at 7:40 and castle lighting at 8:15 from same spot (done around 8:25)

Took pictures on the side of the castle with a cookie magic shot

8:45 Club tinsel with reindeer

8:50 treats from Cosmic Ray’s (a crowd, but no wait)

8:55 got in line for space mountain (posted 15 minute wait, but aside from walking the que only about a 5 minute wait) - off at 9:04

9:18 got snow cone and cookie from auntie gravity’s (a couple minute wait - lots of people but moved quickly)

9:30 - in line for space ranger spin- posted 10 or 15, on at 9:38

9:50 got treats from storybook treats (walked right up) and got spots for fireworks behind castle (definitely a good amount of people there, but there was room. It filled in once fireworks started. Most people sat so everyone could see)

10:20 got to Gaston’s for the egg nog treat but it was closed (I later found out it’s not sold at Gaston’s)

10:26 treats from village hause (lots of people but the cms were great about moving the line through!) - one of my favorite stops!

10:33 got spots for parade in Frontierland on the other side of the street of Diamond Horseshoe. Loved our spots!! We got the entertainment of the band before the parade and the country bears were walking around. We probably could have waited another 10 or 15 minutes to get seats so I went to Tortuga tavern for treats and met some of the country bears. The line was almost non existent for the pretzels. Also got my picture with the green ornament by haunted mansion and Columbia harbor house.

11:07 parade got to us and the last float and rope passed us at 11:25

Took my picture in Adventureland with the a frame with presents/gifts on it. Also got a Christmas Tink magic shot in my hand.

11:41 village hause treat stop (they were out of Fanta at this point) and my grandma went to storybook stop again (no line).

Made our way out right before the last castle show started. Some of the lines for photos on Main Street were long, though one or two photographers only had a couple people in line. However, when we exited we didn’t see the snow falling. Must have caught it when it wasn’t going off?

We got a bus back to our resort almost immediately.

I went in only expecting to get treats, meet Pooh and friends, and watch the shows. I was pleasantly surprised at the short wait times for attractions and the times people lined up for Tigger and friends and Scrooge and Donald! Even 7D and PPF had relatively short waits (I think I saw 7D at 30).

Last edited:

Is there a list to know when media nights like this are happening? Or was it just last night? I'm still toying with the Tony's party for 11/29 but not if there's a bunch of media there. I thought all the influencers went to the first party and the rest of us non-influencers were in the clear for the rest of the parties!
I’m thinking that was just the 1 night. I’m thinking (and I’m no expert) that they probably let way too many people into Tony’s than what is normally allowed or what would sell. They want the free press unfortunately.

I'll be at the December 16th party as well! You are doing Tony's, right? Are you worried it is going to be really crowded after all the rave reviews? I was going to skip it but my mom really wants to do it, mostly for the parade view...and beer, lol.
I’m a bit doubtful that I’ll be getting that coveted castle view down main street view. I’m confident I’ll have a nice curb spot elsewhere in the viewing area no problem. As long as no one puts a kid up on their shoulders in front of me I’m good.

My brother and I can eat, and will be eating and drinking (not him, he’s only 18. He’ll drink his weight in hot chocolate though). I’ll be there, let me know if you decide to go! I’ll be taking in quite a bit of wine to help me forget the price LOL

Question to my fellow DIS'rs who have been to the MVMCP this year...…..we have a FP for Mickey in Town square from 4 to 5pm. His our Mouse dressed in his Christmas suit at 4pm?

Thanks for the information :)

Doug :goofy:

Ok so first up date. Jack and sally was in line at 4pm and meet them at 430pm then went to get our Sorcerers cards and went to meet Moana. In line at 5:10 and we are the 4th group.
They started meeting at 4 or you were in line at 4? Thanks for the update. Have a blast.

Question to my fellow DIS'rs who have been to the MVMCP this year...…..we have a FP for Mickey in Town square from 4 to 5pm. His our Mouse dressed in his Christmas suit at 4pm?

Thanks for the information :)

Doug :goofy:
You'll get magician Mickey not Christmas Mickey

10:33 got spots for parade in Frontierland on the other side of the street of golden horseshoe. Loved our spots!! We got the entertainment of the band before the parade and the country bears were walking around. We probably could have waited another 10 or 15 minutes to get seats so I went to Tortuga tavern for treats and met some of the country bears. The line was almost non existent for the pretzels. Also got my picture with the green ornament by haunted mansion and Columbia harbor house.

Is this right about where liberty and frontier join? I think this is close to where I was planning on sitting. You were on the side where you would board the riverboat, right? While I’d love to do Main Street, I don’t want to fight for it and we can see snow at home lol.

Having a blast. Lines haven’t been bad to see some of the favorites for us. Jack and Sally we were in line at 4:05 and were done at 4:30. Then went over to get our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card and then went to Moana and we were in line at 5:10 and we’re done at 5:50 and then headed over to Mary Poppins who didn’t start till 7pm. They were fantastic and we’re done by 7:10 Now we walked over to Jack Sparrow and there’s about 20 in line so we should be done by 7:30. All in all it’s been very easy to meet the characters. I’ll continue to provide updates through the night.

Having a blast. Lines haven’t been bad to see some of the favorites for us. Jack and Sally we were in line at 4:05 and were done at 4:30. Then went over to get our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card and then went to Moana and we were in line at 5:10 and we’re done at 5:50 and then headed over to Mary Poppins who didn’t start till 7pm. They were fantastic and we’re done by 7:10 Now we walked over to Jack Sparrow and there’s about 20 in line so we should be done by 7:30. All in all it’s been very easy to meet the characters. I’ll continue to provide updates through the night.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! All these reports are helping me plan our MVMCP night. Question... If you happen to notice the princess lines would you care to report on them? We are not planning on them, but if we can catch a couple without a horrible wait...

Keep reading about these lines for the treats. Now we haven't been to a party in probably 6 years but we used to just walk up and grab a treat. There was never a line. Are they getting slower or are there really that many more people?

The ducks come out at 7. Not sure if Scrooge being in AK now has affected wait times much, but when we met them 2 years ago we got in line at 6:30 (I’d been hoping for closer to 6, but didn’t happen) and didn’t meet them until almost 8. Their line moves sooooo slooooooow. But they are a really fun meet!

Thank you! We met them in 2012, but that seems like many moons ago so I couldn't remember! (And I've been to a couple MVMCPs since then, but didn't meet the ducks!)

6:05 got in line for Tigger and friends with 1 group in front of us. They started meeting at 6:30, which is exactly when they came out. (We were done meeting them at 6:34)

I got a cookie from storybook circus at this time. A lot of people but I didn’t have to wait at all.

6:40 in line to meet Scrooge and Donald (started meeting at 7). I counted somewhere between 15-20 groups in front of us. Met them at 7:22

This is so helpful! Pooh and gang are on my list of possibles, mostly because I love Tigger, so knowing they're out a little early I think I will adjust my paln to follow yours. Might bring my dinner over that way like I did at the Halloween party last year.

Took pictures on the side of the castle with a cookie magic shot

What does the cookie magic shot look like? I can't remember seeing that one!

Is this right about where liberty and frontier join? I think this is close to where I was planning on sitting. You were on the side where you would board the riverboat, right? While I’d love to do Main Street, I don’t want to fight for it and we can see snow at home lol.

That is what I am picturing. The parade comes out right there in Frontierland so anywhere close to that if you have someone you can tag team with that would work!

Thank you so much for the live updates! :)

Oops, I meant diamond horseshoe. I’m used to Disneyland’s Golden Horseshoe!:rotfl:
Yeah, it was where liberty and frontier meet, on the side you’d load the riverboat :)
I saw it from the hub last year and I couldn’t deal with the crowds again so I decided to find another spot. I saw snow in HS and while it’s not the same view of the castle, I was okay with it for this year.

We are thinking of doing the same, but for the 1st parade because of young kids. Hoping we can watch the Reindeer Wranglers at 8:05 and find a nice spot near them to stake out for the parade while listening to them play at the same time... Maybe across the street by the water so that we can take the wooden boardwalk to escape the crowds post-parade?

This is so helpful! Pooh and gang are on my list of possibles, mostly because I love Tigger, so knowing they're out a little early I think I will adjust my paln to follow yours. Might bring my dinner over that way like I did at the Halloween party last year.

What does the cookie magic shot look like? I can't remember seeing that one!

One of the reasons I chose them is because I was out before the party even technically started and could still get in line for another character. (I also love Eeyore so I was so happy to meet them!)
I can’t figure out how to post a picture but here’s a link to the Disney blog post! It’s the second picture in the post on the left :)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...es-during-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter