• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those watching the first parade on Main Street, what time are getting a spot? Our boys (5 and 2) will get restless waiting for the parade so the plan is to have one parent save the spots boys with our stroller (is this allowed? faux pas?) while the other takes the boys to explore. TIA.

Those of you that have done Tony’s, would you mind sharing your timeline? Trying to figure out how to get snacks at 9:30, still get a decent spot for the fireworks at 10 and figure out if we have time to snack again between the fireworks and grabbing our viewing area? Like everyone, I’m booking for that coveted view down Main Street, so assuming I need to be in position when the area opens at 10:30? Am I better off waiting to snack after the parade? And if so, are the food offerings still plentiful at that time? Having a really hard time figuring out how to fit this event into my night!!! Thank you!

Like most of you, I'm on the fence about booking Tony's. I'll be taking my parents to MVMCP for their first time on Sunday 12/2. We're doing DAH the next night so I'm not too worried about missing out on ride time or anything like that, we're really just focused on party elements. Normally I wouldn't even think about it, because we're not typically show people and don't eat/drink much. However, my dad recently had knee replacement surgery and will be in an ECV, which complicates things a bit. He also recently dropped a bunch of weight and gets cold super easily, so I'm thinking Tony's will provide a nice place to get out of the cold (they're from Southern California, so the low of 53 predicted for that night is already scaring them).

It's just tough thinking about shelling out that much $$$... but the idea of having a warm place and reserved viewing is so tempting...

I'm so bummed! Got on tonight to purchase tickets for Tony's Most Merriest and they are all sold out for December 11th. :( That makes me a little scared for crowds that night too! Okay, just breathe and enjoy right?

It looks like tickets are available now :) must have been a glitch

Like most of you, I'm on the fence about booking Tony's. I'll be taking my parents to MVMCP for their first time on Sunday 12/2. We're doing DAH the next night so I'm not too worried about missing out on ride time or anything like that, we're really just focused on party elements. Normally I wouldn't even think about it, because we're not typically show people and don't eat/drink much. However, my dad recently had knee replacement surgery and will be in an ECV, which complicates things a bit. He also recently dropped a bunch of weight and gets cold super easily, so I'm thinking Tony's will provide a nice place to get out of the cold (they're from Southern California, so the low of 53 predicted for that night is already scaring them).

It's just tough thinking about shelling out that much $$$... but the idea of having a warm place and reserved viewing is so tempting...
I guess the good thing about an ECV is if he remains seated in it he'll be taller than curb sitting people and he'll be able to see over the heads of those sitting..... but I don't know how that works at the flagpole. Will they have a designated spot for ECVs there?

For those watching the first parade on Main Street, what time are getting a spot? Our boys (5 and 2) will get restless waiting for the parade so the plan is to have one parent save the spots boys with our stroller (is this allowed? faux pas?) while the other takes the boys to explore. TIA.
I was at the first party of the season, the entire MS curbs spot were taken by 7:30pm

We attended our first party on the night of the 12th. My boy was tired, and fell asleep after the first parade on the way to BTMR so I just continued walking with him asleep in the stroller and stopped on main street to watch the fireworks. For the parade we got to the curb in front of the castle at 7:15pm and stood our ground (wasn't easy) until after the parade was done. We didn't get as much done as we had hoped, we only hit one hot chocolate/cookie stand, and my mom and aunt couldn't stay for the fireworks so they left after the parade. We did get on a few rides, but nothing spectacular. The parade and fireworks were worth it to me, though... but if those weren't so amazing I wouldn't call it money well spent for sure for us. If my son was older and could have made it to midnight maybe, but no way was that happening. lol

I'm not one for dishing money into Disney's hands every time they invent a new up-charge, but I think the Tony's event is perfect for your parents and anyone who just needs the rest in a climate controlled environment. I'd do it for my mom and dad if they could manage to stay up past 9, LOL.

Posting this again in hopes of generating some responses.

I am looking to get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Christmas party card (this year it's the Tiki Birds).
Every guest who attends the party is entitled to get one at the Fire Hall.
If you are able to help, please private message me with your address and I will send you a SASE with which to mail the card.

It will cost you nothing and probably take no more than a couple of minutes out of your day. If the envelope gets to you before you attend the party, you can take it with you and drop the card into the Main St. mail box....easy.

Many thanks

Michael

I am looking to get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Christmas party card (this year it's the Tiki Birds).
If you are able to help, please private message me with your address and I will send you a SASE with which to mail the card.

It will cost you nothing and probably take no more than a couple of minutes out of your day. If the envelope gets to you before you attend the party, you can take it with you and drop the card into the Main St. mail box....easy.

Many thanks

Michael
FYI in case you weren't aware, you'll be able to buy one on eBay for not-too-much $$ a few weeks after the parties begin. I'll admit that I've done that so that my kids have a complete set of SOTMK cards. There are already several posted for as little as $12. Doesn't break the bank if this is something you really want to have.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...of+the+magic+kingdom+christmas&LH_TitleDesc=0

Many thanks

Michael
Maybe someone will trade with you? Or, I agree with the above poster about looking on ebay.

Honestly, I’ve never picked up a sorcerer’s card at the parties before. But at over $99 a ticket, I don’t really see why I would spend time in line to give someone something else for free (when I paid so much). Just my opinion. I hope you’re able to work something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter