"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info! I will make sure one of us is in line early for Moana! I am assuming she starts meeting at 5:30ish?? 20-30 minutes isn’t bad for each queue of the princesses and princes and I know my girls will enjoy seeing Cinderella, Prince Charming, Rapunzel and Flynn twice on this trip :) I had forgotten that Elena and Tiana were separate lines.

Thanks for the time information on the magic shots! It will definitely help me start a plan.

You’re welcome! Last year Moana started at 5:45pm (MNSSHP & MVMCP), this year she’s meeting @ 5:45pm during MNSSHP, so hopefully it’ll be the same for MVMCP. Princess lower wait times were during parade & fireworks. Also, many don’t realize the princes are in there with them. Ugly Sweater was never a wait or just 1 line, probably due to location.

Any thoughts about taking a Minnie Van back to our resort (YC) after the party? Our kids are all older (12+) so we will likely stay till the very end. Minnie Vans run until 12:30...do you think it will be easy to access one right after the party? We've never taken one before, but the next day is our check out day, and I'm trying to schedule sleeping in + packing + leisurely breakfast...The quicker we get back to our room, the better.

That is our plan! To take the Minnie Van back to our resort after the party. We are 2 adults and 1 teen.

TAlso, if we plan on entering the park at 4 for the party, there is still a two hour window open for fast passes. I am assuming we cannot book fast passes in advance for the party and, if we do, we will forfeit fast passes for one of our other days. We are starting our vacation at a party on a Sunday night, so it will be the very first thing we do on the trip. Thanks!

If you make the FP's for that night last when making FP's you should be okay and not need to forfeit any of your other days.

We're going to the Dec. 16 party if that helps -- it wasn't one of the most expensive parties, so that makes me think it's not expected to be the busiest.

I actually think it is busier the closer to Christmas you get. They take advantage of that by raising prices because people will pay them.

If you make the FP's for that night last when making FP's you should be okay and not need to forfeit any of your other days.

I actually think it is busier the closer to Christmas you get. They take advantage of that by raising prices because people will pay them.

This!^^^
PP tend to go that week, before the Christmas crowds or go that week and stay through Christmas. Also, most/numerous school systems are now out (start) for Christmas Break during this week.

See Post #3 - 2017.
Sold Out Dates: 11/9 (10/25), 11/26 (11/26), 11/28 (11/28), 12/1 (11/21), 12/5 (12/5),12/12 (12/12), 12/15 (12/15), 12/17 (12/2), 12/21 (12/19) & 12/22 (12/6)

If you have a plan, you are fine. I went on 12/17 & 12/22 last year, both sold out, although I felt 12/22 wasn't as crowded.

:offtopic: NEWS

However, fitting for the holidays. This could be a great gift. I LOVE my VB Mickey Duffle Bag. I think I need the entire collection. Please leave some on the shelves for me in November.:santa:

Vera Bradley is celebrating Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday with a brand-new magical pattern! Save the date and shop the new collection exclusively at @DisneySprings on September 6.

DlyrXWZXgAAwwbq.jpg

Only a little off topic....so hoping this has started by our Christmas trip!! WL is already my favorite resort to visit during the holidays, now I have another reason to go!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lderness-lodge/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0830180010A

Yes! I saw that too. All in!!!! :D It says winter, so trying not to get hopes up. We go in November, winter technically doesn't start until December, but then it could be after the new year. So not enough details. Will it still be dinner only? Or will this be for B &L only. Ugh!:sad2:

Yes! I saw that too. All in!!!! :D It says winter, so trying not to get hopes up. We go in November, winter technically doesn't start until December, but then it could be after the new year. So not enough details. Will it still be dinner only? Or will this be for B &L only. Ugh!:sad2:
Sounds like dinner only. LOVE the villain presence!!!!

Sounds like dinner only. LOVE the villain presence!!!!

I see it now. Reading is fundamental! Ha!:rotfl2: Just excited about the experience, speed reading didn't pan out. :rotfl:
This immersive character dinner takes place amidst the rustic elegance and exceptional dining that Artist Point is known for

After listening to this week's podcast and pete's reports on two mnsshp with overcrowded conditions, I am concerned now about going 11/8 first night. It's the only date I'm available, can't change it based on reviews. I have been to one last year. Will this also be overcrowded to the point of great buyer's remorse?!

I’m in the same boat. We are not big party people anyway but I booked it because we are taking my youngest nephew before he turns 3. I’m regretting the purchase but we are just going to go and try not to think about the 500.00 we spent on the tickets. At least we get to enter at 2 (hopefully they extend this to Christmas party) and hope we can get some attractions in before the party starts.

After listening to this week's podcast and pete's reports on two mnsshp with overcrowded conditions, I am concerned now about going 11/8 first night. It's the only date I'm available, can't change it based on reviews. I have been to one last year. Will this also be overcrowded to the point of great buyer's remorse?!

I’m going that night and we’re just gonna roll with it. But we aren’t doing any rides since we have 10 day hoppers too. We’re focuding on the festivities, parade and fireworks.

I’m in the same boat. We are not big party people anyway but I booked it because we are taking my youngest nephew before he turns 3. I’m regretting the purchase but we are just going to go and try not to think about the 500.00 we spent on the tickets. At least we get to enter at 2 (hopefully they extend this to Christmas party) and hope we can get some attractions in before the party starts.

The 1st party, MNSSHP & MVMCP, typically are sold out parties. Media, bloggers, vloggers, etc. 1st parties are hard too because you don’t have any info. As the years go by, less info is being released in advance. You can look @ MNSSHP for some common trends & characters, i.e., Moana. OP post the feel of 1st party is over crowded, personal opinions though.

With our travel schedule, school age child, we would never be at the 1st party for either. With that being said, if you have a plan, are willing to be flexible with your plans, and understand that the HUB and Main St. will be the most crowded, but manageable, you’ll have a great time.

You can look at the last page of the Official 2017 MVMCP thread, link on page 1, Post 2. I posted my plans for one of the parties I attended last year. Another recommendation, especially since attending 1st party, subscribe to KtP’s CL, he provides Touring Plans for MVMCP, one is for attending with young children; you can also make changes to those plans. He also does customized plans for a fee.

Happy Planning!:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter