"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be attending Nov 8th or Nov 9. I don’t know which one to pick. The 8th is the first party but the 9th is a Friday. I’m guessing I should just expect crowds no matter what and pick which night works better.

We plan on spending the day at MK on a Party day, most likely Tuesday the 28th and i really want my mom to see the castle lighting before we get kicked out of the park? Will the timing work out? In a perfect world I was hoping to see the castle lighting and then grab the last ADR before the park closes to non party guests. I think you can reserve up to 6pm? Can anyone confirm?
I read this somewhere, maybe on Kenny the Pirates page or on here, but I don't think you can get an ADR that late on Party Nights. I will try to find it.

Wow $109+tax for ages 10+ on 12/9.
Good thing I have $80 in Disney gift cards and my sister has $90 so we won't be spending much OOP for the tickets.
Haven't decided when I'm gonna buy yet.

I'm also waiting on flights to open up for our trip which won't be until May 31st.
I have a $100 voucher from my February trip for a flight delay so th will help with what I'm sure will be a fairly expensive flight.
Somewhat unrelated, flights! Are you trying to fly SW and if so, how did you find out that's when the calendar opens? Thanks.

I read this somewhere, maybe on Kenny the Pirates page or on here, but I don't think you can get an ADR that late on Party Nights. I will try to find it.
We plan on spending the day at MK on a Party day, most likely Tuesday the 28th and i really want my mom to see the castle lighting before we get kicked out of the park? Will the timing work out? In a perfect world I was hoping to see the castle lighting and then grab the last ADR before the park closes to non party guests. I think you can reserve up to 6pm? Can anyone confirm?
Ok, on another page I ask, they said last year it was 6pm, because the parks closed at 7pm, but they said if you booked after 5:45 you had to have a ticket and now this year the schedules are showing the park closing at 6pm so we may have to wait to get that exact time.

Somewhat unrelated, flights! Are you trying to fly SW and if so, how did you find out that's when the calendar opens? Thanks.
ETA here is the direct link https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html
Yes SW.
You can find it on their website somewhere but I just googled when I want to know when the schedule will expand. I think I just type something like "southwest airlines flight schedule " and it said currently open to book for flight through November 3rd and they will release schedules for the rest of November, December, and some in January on May 31st.

Really confused now. So I was given same day price for 12/9? Instead of the advanced purchase price?

Last edited:

Quick question - I was reading through the first post with all the information and it lists Splash Mountain as being open after November 17th. I know it was closed last year during that time for a refurb. Is there another one planned this year or is that the info from last year?

Has anyone received a confirmation e-mail or seen it in MDE? I am concerned because the rep first almost finalized everything and realized it was for the wrong date then she experienced issues and is not sure if she booked me for 2 parties a week apart or not. The last time we went was a few years ago and I can’t remember if I got a confirmation e-mail but thought it showed up under my reservations and tickets right away so wanted to check with others to tell if I should call or not. Thanks!

Yikes between getting the incorrect price and then reading the post above me i think I'll wait for kinks to be worked out.

I called DVC member services yesterday for 21st December MVMCP : Adults $133.13 including tax, and children $127.80 including tax. No DVC discount for that date.

Claire :)

Bought my tickets. YAY! Since it's another solo trip, I am going to 4 parties (Nov 25, 27, 29, 30). Excited!

Quick question - I was reading through the first post with all the information and it lists Splash Mountain as being open after November 17th. I know it was closed last year during that time for a refurb. Is there another one planned this year or is that the info from last year?

It states will update when 2018 Info Released. This is last year's info.

Really confused now. So I was given same day price for 12/9? Instead of the advanced purchase price?

Not sure. In previous years there was advanced pricing and same day pricing. Last year, it was just one price. Tickets went on sale with no pricing info nor were you able to purchase online, showing prices. Several websites posted prices yesterday, I went with the 2 I've always used. One had both, the other had just one price but a few were off. If anything needs to be updates, I update based on info released.

This is the 1st year it's ever be released as "a hot mess."

We will be attending Nov 8th or Nov 9. I don’t know which one to pick. The 8th is the first party but the 9th is a Friday. I’m guessing I should just expect crowds no matter what and pick which night works better.

We're planning November 8 so we can sleep in a bit November 9. Then we want to do RD on November 10 and do 4 parks 1 day. We leave November 11. I don't think we can do the party November 9 and then be ready for rope drop November 10.

So our next trip to Orlando is Dec 5-12. We will be staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal and it's mainly a Universal trip, but we are doing SeaWorld one day and MVMCP one day. So effectively the weekday parties would be either our last evening in Orlando or the evening of our first full day. We've never been to the party before. Do people think it would be best to sort of kick off the vacation with the party or cap it off that way?

So our next trip to Orlando is Dec 5-12. We will be staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal and it's mainly a Universal trip, but we are doing SeaWorld one day and MVMCP one day. So effectively the weekday parties would be either our last evening in Orlando or the evening of our first full day. We've never been to the party before. Do people think it would be best to sort of kick off the vacation with the party or cap it off that way?

I would end it with the party.

We will be there 11/25 - 12/2. Debating between the Tuesday (11/27) and Thursday (11/29) parties.

DH thinks Thursday because we will be ready for a rest day that morning and we could go to the party at 4pm.
I was thinking Tuesday because we could then do a rest day Wednesday after being out late Tuesday night.
Anyone have any idea if crowds are similar? We will traveling with three kids (10, almost 2, almost 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter