"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been answered, but what time does Moana start meeting/what time should we get in line for her?

See Post #1 for times that have been provided for characters meeting early. Some have got in line at 4pm. However, her line has not been longer than 30 minutes at the earlier parties, so PP that have posted that they've met her later during the party.

Question on scanning MB into the party. We are flying in Tuesday but not going to MK until 4 for the party. If we scan our MB at 4pm will it take off the party ticket and not our 4 day pass or do we need to tell them we are there for party? Don’t want it to take away a park ticket by mistake.

Question on scanning MB into the party. We are flying in Tuesday but not going to MK until 4 for the party. If we scan our MB at 4pm will it take off the party ticket and not our 4 day pass or do we need to tell them we are there for party? Don’t want it to take away a park ticket by mistake.
Make sure you get in the special event lines which will have a sea of humanity in them, but go pretty quickly

Is it hot there right now?

Currently packing for the mystery weather that is Florida
At this time of year, we can have 80 during the day and 50s at night. Pack light layers.
The lightweight winter jacket from home is not an item to be left back in the car at the airport. Weather forecast is showing a low of 42 coming up on Tuesday.
Of course, whenever I'm prepared by bringing it along I'm always out and about before the temp drops and I need it (Disney Springs usually, LOL)

Last edited:
We are there only 6 days and 5 nights. We arrive December 16 to MCO at 1pm and hopefully arrive at resort by 2:30 pm. We are going to MVMCP on this day (Dec. 16) - I got a reservation for 7pm at CRT for all 11 but when the Tony's Party was announced, I booked that for all 11 of us also. We are taking four grandchildrpen ages 4 and 5 and this is their first visit as well as my dil, dil's mother, our son, our daughter and her boyfriend. We have the Deluxe dining plan so not worried about the cost for CRT, i just don't want to do TOO much but my granddaughters are 4 and 5 grandsons are 5 and they LOVE princesses and I personally have only dined at CRT once so i really want to go but the Tony's party also includes food but it starts at 9. We can meet several princesses at CRT and so we won't wait in lines for them at the party. AND I already told my granddaughters that we are dining with Cinderella. Does anyone here have dining reservations for party night? any tips? DH says he doesn't want to do too much but i mainly booked the Tony's party for the parade viewing and not the food. I just call the food and drinks a bonus.

I am back from our vacation. We had a great time and really enjoyed ourselves. We woke up one morning and the GF was fully decorated for Christmas, awesome! :santa: This was our 1st time driving :car:, DH is talking about the times we could leave coming and going the next tripo_O, and I'm thinking, umm, no I'll book at a time when airfare is cheap (in my head). Ha!
We arrived around 12:50am EST 11/16 coming from CST. In bed by 2am. Late breakfast, 10:15am with plans to nap before going to party. Maintenance in the room next door so no real nap. We headed out around 1:50pm, so later than we had planned, so we went ahead and did DVC check-in ~2:20pm. APs so had planned on arriving a little earlier and picking up wristbands inside park. We have never done a party on arrival day, and definitely not after being up all night. Always done 2 parties as well. I never really made a plan since I knew we wouldn't be able to do everything in 1 party, and everything was on my priority list. Ha!:sad2:

BoG 4pm ADR, I went with time that would work the best overall, none really, 2:45 ADR would have worked better, but only night BoG worked with our week. Overall just too tired to stay the entire night like we wanted too and had planned on doing. If you can do two parties, as I've always stated, IMO, do 2!!!! Glad I didn't book Tony's, would have ben a waste. I checked before going to bed early Friday morning, and still available for 3, OP posted it sold out for 11/16, so it must have been later or as the party was going on. We did our 3 FP+ and TS before dinner. After diner....

7D: 5:45-7:05pm (DH & DD rode Barnstormer 2x and Dumbo 1x then joined me in line), Disney Jr. Jingle Jam was starting when we left.

Treats
Nick & Judy: 7:15-7:45pm
Treats

Frozen Holiday Wish @ 8:15pm, we actually watched this from the end of Main St. (We've seen it in front of castle a few times) - Corner in front Main Street Confectionary.

Parade - DH held spot while we did the Bypass (Cookies & Magic Shots). We did notice that the CMs had roped off the flagpole area, PP left, then rope was removed and OP moved in. After parade, headed to meet Sandy & Sally, 55 minute wait so decided to come back.

Moana: 9:16-9:40pm

Road PoC

Treats

Road Carpets, saw fireworks (seen from HUB several times so was not high on list)

Aladdin & Abu: 10:10-10:35pm (Right before we were to meet announced leaving in 5, 2 families in front took forever & wouldn't really leave after Aladdin walked to next family, so they took a few more photos with that family, so lady in front of us also missed them). Ended up meeting with Jasmine & Genie. :sad: Never met Abu before.

Sandy & Sally: 10:44pm (50 minute wait)

Mickey: 10:47pm (20 minute wait) - me & DD decided to meet Mickey and DH was going to stay in line for Sandy.

Slight wait so DD10 sat down, and was nodding head, asked if okay, she now had red eyes, says she's sleepy but would wait since she knew how much I wanted to meet Sandy. She'd been tired since parade but wasn't ready to go. We had 7 more days to go. I made an executive decision to leave, DH & DD asked several times if I was sure, but I could see how tired they were (me too). So we left. Overall a great night, just tired. Definitely a difference going on night that is not sold out vs going on a sold out night. Character lines not as long (1.5hr), more 30-45minutes. Treat lines not as long either, however, they move pretty fast on sold out nights. Low ride wait times except for the usual that are always longer. HUB packed, but was more manageable than on sold out night (arriving late/later), we walked up to edge of HUB from Tomorrowland bridge and watched end of Mickey's Merriest Show (good view) before heading down Main St. Was going to stay for Castle lighting since good spot & view, but wanted to do bypass before it closed, then decided to get spot for parade. Already 2-3 rows in certain places, a few families had full size blankets down, holding spots, IMO, too much. There was empty spot on curb at end of street so DH decided to stay and hold instead of going back up to HUB after bypass for castle lighting.

I did notice that the area directly in front of the tree facing the castle was already 3-4 deep for Tony's reserved area when we headed to meet Sandy at 10:45pm. The entire circle is reserved for the party, except for Magic Shots area, so PP booking Tony's will have a spot, but if aiming for the area directly in front of castle, then you will be holding spot for awhile, especially if on a sold out night, IMO, that particular space is limited. And yes PP stand up on the curb, wether you agree or disagree, it occurs and nothing to do about it, so be mindful if booking Tony's. FWIW, PP on Main St. on front stand too, so we try for curb, next to trashcan, or behind trashcan since we know everyone doesn't stay seated once parade begins.

@Cluelyss - DH not a real fan of BoG once he saw menu (didn't tell him before we left, knew how that would go). DD loved it, especially the desserts. It was good, I would go again. I felt the filet was better that the previous steak, DH thought so too. He didn't like the desserts at all. CM brought him his strawberry cupcake. LOL! DH said he would go again. I felt with the new menu we were in there longer, we were seated within minutes of checking-in.

Pluto buckets and Alien Bucket (HS) always had stock when passing carts throughout trip. Christmas Holiday Resort Mug, GF had them everyday, but not as many as on our 1st day.

Sorry for the long post. :oops:

Interesting. Character waits looking smaller than what I was expecting. It'll be interesting to see what tonights sold out is like since this one won't be full of disney vloggers.
Anyone know if there is actually a noticable difference between sold outs and normal parties regarding holding spots for shows, parades etc.

We are there only 6 days and 5 nights. We arrive December 16 to MCO at 1pm and hopefully arrive at resort by 2:30 pm. We are going to MVMCP on this day (Dec. 16) - I got a reservation for 7pm at CRT for all 11 but when the Tony's Party was announced, I booked that for all 11 of us also. We are taking four grandchildrpen ages 4 and 5 and this is their first visit as well as my dil, dil's mother, our son, our daughter and her boyfriend. We have the Deluxe dining plan so not worried about the cost for CRT, i just don't want to do TOO much but my granddaughters are 4 and 5 grandsons are 5 and they LOVE princesses and I personally have only dined at CRT once so i really want to go but the Tony's party also includes food but it starts at 9. We can meet several princesses at CRT and so we won't wait in lines for them at the party. AND I already told my granddaughters that we are dining with Cinderella. Does anyone here have dining reservations for party night? any tips? DH says he doesn't want to do too much but i mainly booked the Tony's party for the parade viewing and not the food. I just call the food and drinks a bonus.
I would never book a TS during a party. Its not about the money. You will be in there 2 hours. They never take you on time at CRT for dinner, unless since there will not be many eating that night they would take you on time. You cannot check in even one minute before your time. There are posts on previous page talking about Tony's, have not heard great things about the food at the party. But if you go thru the posts, maybe you could see if it would be something your family would like. Also, you will see most if not all of these princesses at the Party with their guys, who you will NOT see at CRT. so if I had a party of 11, I would be having a couple in one line and I would be in another if close by and there are not too many kids. I mean most people do not mind unless you bring a large party in front of them, especially if you are all one family. We will be there the same night the 16th. Check out this page, scroll down maybe half way to list of characters and you will see what will be available. I would grab quick service somewhere, or hot dog at casey's and start meeting the characters, view the parade, fireworks and tomorrowland show. PLUS the kids would love going into Club Tinsel at Cosmic Rays (I think you can eat there too until 6pm) and Disney's Junior Jingle Jam at Storybook Circus. You will not be able to do everything, we just made a list of our must dos, and once completed, we will keep going on until closing. https://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/mvmcp.htm#characters On many sites, people all recommend the same, NO TS on party nights, even the bloggers. You will just miss so many things, but only you know your family.

We booked Tony’s Most Merriest tonight and they aren’t sold out, but she said they have 232 booked for tonight. Makes me wonder what the magic number is for sold out.

We booked Tony’s Most Merriest tonight and they aren’t sold out, but she said they have 232 booked for tonight. Makes me wonder what the magic number is for sold out.

Wow! That seems like a lot of people for that smallish viewing area. Thanks for the information!
That is an incredible amount of people! I could have sworn I had heard a number closer to 130 from someone here or maybe it was someone's stream where I heard that. It seems the later these parties go the more popular they are and this means a lot of disappointed people that won't have the spot they think they are going to have for the parade. I'm almost regretting that we booked it but time will tell. Our party isn't for another week.

That is an incredible amount of people! I could have sworn I had heard a number closer to 130 from someone here or maybe it was someone's stream where I heard that. It seems the later these parties go the more popular they are and this means a lot of disappointed people that won't have the spot they think they are going to have for the parade. I'm almost regretting that we booked it but time will tell. Our party isn't for another week.

One of the first parties did say they had 130-ish at the party. I think so many of us (me included) booked it because of the amazing reviews of the 130 number.

Does the Christmas party fireworks show have projections on the castle like HEA? Trying to decide on Where to watch the show. Thanks in advance.

Question about the castle lighting:

The brochure shows only 8:15 but touring plans has it at 6:15 and 8:15.

Which is correct?

This is what page 1 says (8:15 in one place and two times below that).

"A Frozen Holiday Wish
Queen Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff from Frozen appears twice each evening to get the Castle Dream Lights lit up for the night in a 7 minute show.
Times: 8:15pm
Dates: November 4 - December 31, 2018 (Nightly).
The first show (for MVMCP) is at 6:10pm on November 8th to kick off the start of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party & the Holiday Season. On MVMCP nights, the show occurs twice nightly. On regular Magic Kingdom days, the show occurs once nightly @ 6:15pm."

Just trying to plan. Thanks!

I know this is a stupid question but where is the bypass for the Mickey cookies? I have seen it on a map that someone had online somewhere but I didn't know it was called Market Street. Is it really a hidden path to the right of Main Street?

We are getting to MK at 4 and would like to have one of each cookie. Will we be able to get one at 4 or do we need to wait until 6. I see they are closed at 8.

Thanks!

I know this is a stupid question but where is the bypass for the Mickey cookies? I have seen it on a map that someone had online somewhere but I didn't know it was called Market Street. Is it really a hidden path to the right of Main Street?

We are getting to MK at 4 and would like to have one of each cookie. Will we be able to get one at 4 or do we need to wait until 6. I see they are closed at 8.

Thanks!
Instead of walking down Main Street when you enter the park, you will be directed to the right just past Tony's restaurant when you enter the park at 4 p.m. You will get a cookie at that area.

Just getting home from the party now. It was crowded and now I know why - it was sold out. I remember sold out parties from a few years ago, and they were never as packed as this. When you still have wait times in the 50s and 60s for some rides that we used to be able to get on in 20 minutes tops during party time, it’s no longer an exclusive event.

Similarly, I booked Tony’s merriest, which didn’t work out well for us. The food was pretty abysmal, which I knew going in. But that’s not why I booked it. The viewing area in front of the tree of course was the reason. But there was no way everyone at the party could fit in front. They could have given everyone in the party access to a pretty good castle view if they hadn’t allowed the crowds to walk through the center of the square and made that a viewing area as well. Instead, in order for my small son to see the parade at all, we had to go on the other side of the square towards the train station. People who didn’t pay for a prime view got a better view than we did, simply because they managed to get into the middle of the square right as the parade was coming into view. I’m planning on complaining first thing in the morning. It’s really unconscionable with the amount of money people pay.

The good: the sugar cookies, molasses cookies and chocolate peppermint cookies. The decorations. The fireworks are spectacular. The parade is cute. But otherwise, I’m beginning to question the value of the special ticket events for my family. They are feeling less and less special because they are getting so crowded. It makes it harder to maneuver around the park and I feel like we didn’t accomplish any more than we did just the other day during a level ten crowd. Kind of bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter