"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked at the check in desk for Tony's dessert party and there are 245 people attending tonight's party.....when I asked what the maximum is she said maybe 350? I dont think the cm really knew?

First parade was 3 deep in most spots on main street but by the Plaza it looked to be maybe 2 deep. Also, at the flagpole it looked pretty crowded but on the opposite side by Tony's it was fairly calm. This is all at the first parade.

what time did you have to go outside for the parade?
how packed was the roped off area?
was Tony's sold out the night you attended?

I have read plenty of reviews about the food & drinks, we care more about the viewing spot, just want to have a view without having to camp out for over an hour. not necessarily first row either

Honestly i could have gone out 5 minutes before. Earlier if you wanted a bench. There was a ton of space in the area. It was not sold out. It was worth every penny not to have to stake out a spot for hours. I was with my mother and having a spot for her was important to me. Even my sister who doesn’t like to spend thought it was worth it.

Checking in from party. 7dmt has been down since we got to the park. I had a FP but dint get to use it so decided to go to Dwarves and wait. That was at 4:40 and I was the 6 or 7th in line. Done and in ducks line at 6:25. Got finished there by 7:30 was 2nd to last before their break. Minnie and Daisy looked tone 45-60 mins so I bailed. Headed to get cookies and stopped for picture at Ariel’s castle and ride Ariel ride. Went to Friar nook and Pinocchio Haus for treats then headed to tangled area. Short line for lantern shot digit that then went to HM for magic shot. Went to liberty ticket office but they moved treats to Diamond Horseshoe. Stopped at Christmas shop first then to DH. Then went to Tortuga for pretzel and rode PotC while 8:30 parade started. Am now at Pecos Bills eating the spiced Yule log which is pretty tasty. Going to find a spot for fireworks soon

Got a fireworks spot in center of Casey’s garden at 9:40
You mean in the garden in front of Casey's, correct? It had been reported that this area is no longer open to the public, but it sounds like that may not be the case?

Parade viewing was still 2 rows deep for the second parade on our way out about 10 minutes ago. More space the further down Main Street you go. The Tony’s reserved area was practically empty aside from the spot right in front of the tree. I felt like the party was moderately crowded tonight especially compared to the Halloween party we attended on October 25th

We went on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving. It was super crowded - there didn't seem to be much difference between the Friday before and that night. The waits for the major rides were all about 30 - 40 minutes. Waiting in line for the goodies took a while especially at the beginning of the party. By the end there was no wait for treats. We were one of the first in line for Jack and Sally. We were in the park (AP) so got in line about 3:45 and they started meeting at 4:30. We had never met them and it was great! We also met Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps. Neither of the meet and greets would do autographs but they did give out a signed card. We wondered around for most of the night doing a few rides. We saw the fireworks from the bridge walkway near Liberty Tree. After the fireworks and the first parade the park did seem to empty out a bit. We ended up with a front row seat in the hub area on the side in the handicap section for the second parade. My son uses a wheelchair. It was not too crowded in that area. The parade was good as usual. My son wanted to "be in the parade" so we left immediately after the parade passed us and followed it down main street. We were able to get out to the bus before a huge crowd got there. All in all it was a fun night. The snow on mainstreet is nice too! We didn't have expectations of it being empty or rides being a walk on so we weren't disappointed!

You mean in the garden in front of Casey's, correct? It had been reported that this area is no longer open to the public, but it sounds like that may not be the case?
Where did you see that it was no longer open to the public? I love this spot and planned on using it 2x next week.

I didn't know about them giving out applesauce pouches. Do all the treat locations do that or only certain ones? We planned on bringing some for our stay as snacks for the kids, but if we can pick them up at the party that would be one less thing for me to pack.

I didn't know about them giving out applesauce pouches. Do all the treat locations do that or only certain ones? We planned on bringing some for our stay as snacks for the kids, but if we can pick them up at the party that would be one less thing for me to pack.
We think the applesauce was with the peppermint chip cookie back at Storybook Circus

There was a small portion of the garden roped off. If you try to enter from the Main Street side it's roped off. I entered from the Crystal palace side and was on back fence in center.
Parade viewing was still 2 rows deep for the second parade on our way out about 10 minutes ago. More space the further down Main Street you go. The Tony’s reserved area was practically empty aside from the spot right in front of the tree. I felt like the party was moderately crowded tonight especially compared to the Halloween party we attended on October 25th
I was on Main Street for parade just behind one group of folks. I got there about 10:40.

So a cast member said the party was not a sell out but was close. Then she said she thought 23000 was the sellout number but who know about the accuracy of that.

The other thing I wanted to report was about magic shots. Had a difficult time finding someone who could do the cookie shot. And the snow globe shot they told me was only during the day. I got sent all over the place for these. The Main Street CMs tried the cookie shots but I haven't seen the show up yet

Where did you see that it was no longer open to the public? I love this spot and planned on using it 2x next week.
There were a few reports previously that the Casey’s garden was not accessible. On at least 2 different nights. Not sure if it was a fluke, sounds like no problems last night which is a good sign!

There were a few reports previously that the Casey’s garden was not accessible. On at least 2 different nights. Not sure if it was a fluke, sounds like no problems last night which is a good sign!
Wow, I must have completely missed them (and I thought I read every post :confused3) Thank you!

I guess I will be able to report back on how the spot works next week.

Is the parade so good you watch it twice?

We hardly have any rides in our plan (Jingle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Small World before 6 with FP), Peoplemover sometime during the party.

We only plan to see one character (Minnie, well, with Daisy).

Then we have the party stuff (minus some of the singing groups).

My friend put everything in touring plans and it's full. It seems like there's not enough time.

But I love the parades at Disney and likely won't make it back to the party for a long time. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter