• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Question: I submitted my proof of time right at marathon weekend right after the race was over and it looks like I’m not in the right corral for SWHalf. Does anyone know what the next step is to getting it adjusted? Email RD or speak to them at the expo? I improved my time quite a bit and I want to be in an earlier corral since I worked for it!

Did you update your estimated finish time when you submitted your POT?

If someone picks 2:31-2:45 as their estimated finish time, but provides POT for 2:01-2:15 they will be put in Corral E. Basically that tells RunDisney that I’m a fast runner, but I plan on taking longer for this race so put me in a higher corral.

That’s why it’s very important for your estimated finish time and your POT to match.

Thanks for this! I see that the maps and vendor list for the expo and packet pickup have now been added to the online event guide.

I miss the paper guide. DW and I spend so much time on the computer and our portable electronic devices. Its nice to have something on paper once in a while, and it made a great souvenir! Would it also kill them to have printer-friendly options for the maps and vendor list? I'm using the snip function a ton over here.

And I must add: though I only sampled a half dozen or so of the "offers" in the virtual goody bag, I'm not excited. Many just say "stop by our booth at the expo". The Disney Springs list is tempting, though.

I miss the paper guide. DW and I spend so much time on the computer and our portable electronic devices. Its nice to have something on paper once in a while, and it made a great souvenir! Would it also kill them to have printer-friendly options for the maps and vendor list? I'm using the snip function a ton over here.

TOTALLY AGREE. The online version is not user-friendly. I'd rather just have a standard PDF, not this weird, clunky web-journal. I would ideally like a printed version like they used to have, or at the very least something that I can print myself!

Anyway, getting excited for the race now! I signed up for this on a whim and as it turns out I'm really getting into the theme (even though I still haven't seen the last 2 star wars movies ...!)!

Yup, right in corral B as I thought. Time to see what an early corral is like compared to a middle one.

Now the question is: to race it for time (I'd love another sub-2 half POT), or just enjoy it

Glad everyone is getting the corrals they were targeting! Corral B for me and D for GF for First Order Challenge and most likely A/B respectively for 5K given our past experiences. We're also doing Kessel Run Challenge (our third) with the goal of being "legacy runners" for the 5th anniversary of the Kessel Run Challenge for 2020 races that will hopefully be on both coasts running through the newly opened Galaxy's Edge areas at DLR and DHS.

Now the question is: to race it for time (I'd love another sub-2 half POT), or just enjoy it
This is something that's been heavily debated on the boards. Sometimes I don't even decide what I want to do until the day of the race. Personally I love doing the challenges because I always use my 10k on Saturday as a "fun run", and then on Sunday for the half I race for time.

This is something that's been heavily debated on the boards. Sometimes I don't even decide what I want to do until the day of the race. Personally I love doing the challenges because I always use my 10k on Saturday as a "fun run", and then on Sunday for the half I race for time.

DH here: I'm following the same plan as W&D Lumiere's Challenge: take it real easy during the 10k, see how I feel 1/2 way through the 1/2, and then determine how hard to push things. I had a lot of people pass me in the last 0.5 mile in 2016 during the 10k, and had to keep reminding myself to "think of the goal"

One of the locals who is usually top 2 female in every race she enters shared a half thought I'm aspiring towards: 5 mile jog, 5 mile run, 5k race.

Here's a tip: in 2016, we folded (or wadded) up standard size plastic bags (1 each) from the local grocery store, and carried them with us during the race. I have a Spi belt, and DW has something that I can't remember. Once we finished, out came the bags and: voila! Instant carrier for the PowerAde bottle, water bottle, banana, and snack box. Easy to put down and pick back up at the medal photo stations, too!

I hear ya, that's how I did Dopey. For Dark Side, I'm just doing the half. My wife was going to run with me (in which case we go at her pace, not mine), but since I'm running solo I can do whatever I want. We've also done Galactic Nights, so I feel I've got all of the photos that are likely to be out.

I hear ya, that's how I did Dopey. For Dark Side, I'm just doing the half. My wife was going to run with me (in which case we go at her pace, not mine), but since I'm running solo I can do whatever I want. We've also done Galactic Nights, so I feel I've got all of the photos that are likely to be out.
It's completely up to you then! You have 3 weeks to decide. If you feel great when you wake up race day, I would go for it!

Corral A for me but C for DH, so I’ll have to decide if I’ll drop back again to do the challenge together. :scratchin

Sure glad I looked at this thread for the first time in quite a while. My race info email was in my spam folder. Wouldn't have known to look for it yet had I not looked here!

Lot of good info in the thread. Thanks. Does anyone know if there is an elevation map for the HM? I saw the course map but did not see anything else. Thanks!

Lot of good info in the thread. Thanks. Does anyone know if there is an elevation map for the HM? I saw the course map but did not see anything else. Thanks!

I think the bottom of the course map has an small elevation chart. If you enlarge the map from the event guide it’s easier to see. Disclaimer: No coffee yet so I could be thinking of something else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter