Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

Anyone notice the change on the home page? If you scroll through slide show, lightside no longer has photo (the one with bb8 is gone). So either something is being updated or some IT guy broke the website.

re: hotels. Stayed at Sheraton Garden Grove with a friend for the 10k portion. Thought it was pretty nice. They had adjoining rooms if you're interested in that. There was a shuttle (ART?) right outside. I think it was free. However, when I finished the 10k, the shuttles weren't running yet - so either I had to wait an hour or hoof it. It was only about 2 miles, so I just jogged back, then drove straight home. :) For the half, I stayed at Hojo, which was very convenient.

Re: Hotels

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Harbor last year. It was very convenient to the park entrances and still wasn't too far from the race starts. I liked it enough that I'm staying there again this year. It was fun to be able to watch the DLP fireworks from the hotel parking lot.

I think the Surf City Half on Feb 4th will be my back up race. I'm giving runDisney til the end of September and then I move on.

We usually stay at the Courtyard next to the full service Marriott. Well I say we, until further notice with my Mom and Disney it's 'I'.

Also I just thought this as crummy as our situation is at least it's not as bad as the Portland Marathon yet. Which still hasn't gotten city permission with a little more then a month to race date.

I reached out to Disney Parks Mom's Panel asking for registration information. This is the answer I received...
"Thank you for bringing your question to the Disney Parks Moms Panel. As Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend- The Light Side approaches I know runners are eager for more information!

The latest from the runDisney team is that registration will not open until all operational details are finalized. You should see information posted soon on runDisney's website on an early registration date for Disney Vacation Club Members and Annual Passholders to register prior to the general public. Shortly after you'll see the date for general registration. Please continue to check back on the runDisney website for more information!

May the Force be with you!

-Lindsey ºOº"

Also I just thought this as crummy as our situation is at least it's not as bad as the Portland Marathon yet. Which still hasn't gotten city permission with a little more then a month to race date.

Must be something in the water here. Last week just across the river the Vancouver (WA) Marathon cancelled less than a month from race day.

I reached out to Disney Parks Mom's Panel asking for registration information. This is the answer I received...
"Thank you for bringing your question to the Disney Parks Moms Panel. As Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend- The Light Side approaches I know runners are eager for more information!

The latest from the runDisney team is that registration will not open until all operational details are finalized. You should see information posted soon on runDisney's website on an early registration date for Disney Vacation Club Members and Annual Passholders to register prior to the general public. Shortly after you'll see the date for general registration. Please continue to check back on the runDisney website for more information!

May the Force be with you!

-Lindsey ºOº"

I think we're past the usefulness of early registration at this point.

I reached out to Disney Parks Mom's Panel asking for registration information.

Unfortunately, this is basically the same as asking a WDW bus driver for information: they have none. The moms panel aren't actually Disney employees, so they have even less info than front line CM's.

I think the Surf City Half on Feb 4th will be my back up race. I'm giving runDisney til the end of September and then I move on.

Same here. I keep prolonging my Surf City registration until I hear something from runDisney because I know the minute I reg for Surf City, Light Side will finally open up. We're running Long Beach in October so most likely going to do Surf City and OC half in May (which will replace Tink :sad:).....this is so stinkin' frustrating!

Now we know! You are the holdup. Please register for Surf City.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

We're running at Disneyland this weekend - and will register for SC bright and early next Tuesday morning when I'm back to work. And mark my word - Light Side registration will open shortly after....I have the worst luck! Although I never thought it would take this long, so I am finally beginning to doubt it's even going to happen.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

We're running at Disneyland this weekend - and will register for SC bright and early next Tuesday morning when I'm back to work. And mark my word - Light Side registration will open shortly after....I have the worst luck! Although I never thought it would take this long, so I am finally beginning to doubt it's even going to happen.

Ummm doesn't reg fees go up 8/31 for Surf City? Tuesday might be increased fees

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter