"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely will be hot, I'm sure! Lightweight and breezy is the way to go. My husband is leaning towards just a shirt that looks like a superhero suit but he said as long as he can wear a tee shirt and shorts then he doesn't really care. My daughter says (for now) that she wants to be Ursula. Maybe Prince Eric and Ariel for us? :laughing:
Well one daughter wants to be maleficent and another wants to be captain phasma...that will NOT be a lightweight costume!! I see character t-shirts in our future...

Well one daughter wants to be maleficent and another wants to be captain phasma...that will NOT be a lightweight costume!! I see character t-shirts in our future...

Haha oh no! Definitely see if you can find a character t-shirt for Phasma. The one my husband found for Thor is pretty cool. It's lightweight, looks just like Thor's chest-plate thing and has a detachable cape. Good luck!

For meeting the Winnie the Pooh characters, what is the best strategy for the least amount of wait? How long could we realistically expect to spend on. Sunday night in mid September?

For meeting the Winnie the Pooh characters, what is the best strategy for the least amount of wait? How long could we realistically expect to spend on. Sunday night in mid September?

We did the Pooh characters last year. The line wasn't that long, the problem was that they kept switching out the characters and that took a long time. They did it twice in the short line we were waiting in.

Best strategy for Aug 16. Me, DH, DD (6) and DD (2). It will be our first party. Happy to take advantage of shorter lines and meet characters.

Going to the first party of the season can be tricky. They don’t necessarily release all the information for character meets ahead of time. But check out the great information on page one of this thread. Much of the info. will most likely remain the same.

Just be aware, the Halloween party isn’t always the greatest place for shorter ride lines and character lines can be long.....depending on who you want to meet.

We did the Pooh characters last year. The line wasn't that long, the problem was that they kept switching out the characters and that took a long time. They did it twice in the short line we were waiting in.

What do you mean, switching out the characters? As in only a couple at a time? How long did it take you, start to finish?

get in line about 30 mins before they are scheduled to come out. Last year they started coming out at 7 then changed to 6:30 so you will have to wait to see what they do this year

Going to the first party of the season can be tricky. They don’t necessarily release all the information for character meets ahead of time. But check out the great information on page one of this thread. Much of the info. will most likely remain the same.

Just be aware, the Halloween party isn’t always the greatest place for shorter ride lines and character lines can be long.....depending on who you want to meet.

Listen to @Disneylover99.

I was at the first party last year. There was no information about the character meets. The map showed you where the meet spots were, but did not tell you which characters would be in those spots. Some places had signs (Moana) and some did not (Gaston & Belle, Elvis Stitch). There also was no information about what time the characters would start meeting.

What do you mean, switching out the characters? As in only a couple at a time? How long did it take you, start to finish?

I can't speak for the Winnie the Pooh characters. But I was in the Elvis Stitch line when Stitch left to take a break. So we stood in line while we waited for Stitch to come back.

As for the phrase "switching out the characters," I don't know if the person meant that Tigger would leave and Piglet would come out, or everybody would leave for a break and they would all come back.

I’m going 8/20 as well! I’m doing a universal studios trip that week but had to sneak in some Disney since they made party dates available during my trip. Gonna uber over to get in at 4pm and get in a few rides and dinner before the party officially starts. Probably will be doing a combination of rides and trick or treating and maybe try to catch the later parade.

Listen to @Disneylover99.

I was at the first party last year. There was no information about the character meets. The map showed you where the meet spots were, but did not tell you which characters would be in those spots. Some places had signs (Moana) and some did not (Gaston & Belle, Elvis Stitch). There also was no information about what time the characters would start meeting.

I can't speak for the Winnie the Pooh characters. But I was in the Elvis Stitch line when Stitch left to take a break. So we stood in line while we waited for Stitch to come back.

As for the phrase "switching out the characters," I don't know if the person meant that Tigger would leave and Piglet would come out, or everybody would leave for a break and they would all come back.

The group would leave and a minute or two later they would return. But it takes a bit to get from photo place to/from the "break" area. Characters can only be out so long, esp in heat, so they swap out. With the special costumed characters, if they only have 1 of the outfit, they need to take their break and then return. otherwise one group goes in and the next group comes out.

What I meant was that all four characters would leave, walking out through the park. Then we would have to wait until they came back, again, usually 10-15 minutes. This happened twice while we were there. For a relatively short line, we waiting well over an hour and a half to actually meet the characters. Which I guess in the scheme of things isn't too bad but for the kids it was a "not again" moment when they left the 2nd time. And this was after dark in October when it was relatively cool, so I'm skeptical about how often they might do it early on when it's hot.

What I meant was that all four characters would leave, walking out through the park. Then we would have to wait until they came back, again, usually 10-15 minutes. This happened twice while we were there. For a relatively short line, we waiting well over an hour and a half to actually meet the characters. Which I guess in the scheme of things isn't too bad but for the kids it was a "not again" moment when they left the 2nd time. And this was after dark in October when it was relatively cool, so I'm skeptical about how often they might do it early on when it's hot.

Thank you. What you basically just told me is that I will book Crystal Palace dinner! There is no way DD will last in an hour+ line!

Will someone with an AP look up if 9/2 or 9/6 are discounted parties? Trying to decide if upgrading is worth it and including all potential discounts.

For several years CM, Military & AP discounts have been held on the same nights, here's what I found for 2019 military.

Military Discounted Prices are offered at the indicated prices only on the following nights:

$64 adult/$59 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $79/$74
August: 20, 27
September: 2, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22

$70 adult/$65 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $85/$80
August: 16, 23, 30
September: 6, 13, 20, 24

$81 adult/$76 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $85/$80
September: 27, 29
October: 1

$103 adult/$98 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $105/$100
October: 3, 6, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 24

Link: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...ices-on-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

For several years CM, Military & AP discounts have been held on the same nights, here's what I found for 2019 military.

Military Discounted Prices are offered at the indicated prices only on the following nights:

$64 adult/$59 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $79/$74
August: 20, 27
September: 2, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22

$70 adult/$65 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $85/$80
August: 16, 23, 30
September: 6, 13, 20, 24

$81 adult/$76 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $85/$80
September: 27, 29
October: 1

$103 adult/$98 child (3-9) – Regular advance purchase price through Disney $105/$100
October: 3, 6, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 24

Link: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...ices-on-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

This is interesting. Last year the last military discounted party was in mid-September. It looks like they are giving military guests the flexibility to choose dates later in the season, but at a lesser discount.

This is interesting. Last year the last military discounted party was in mid-September. It looks like they are giving military guests the flexibility to choose dates later in the season, but at a lesser discount.

Agree. So far Disney has surprised us by releasing MNSSHP dates & ticket sales in advance and giving Military discounts further into October. Can anyone confirm the AP discount prices & dates please. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter