"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to the first party in 2 weeks! My first time! I'm agrivated that the only info we have is on the fireworks and parade! Where is the merch pictures and the special treats you can buy info? I'm dying to know if there is a special Halloween popcorn bucket.

I would really love to have a guaranteed spot for the fireworks, particularly because they are new, but don't want to give up time from the party for just eating desserts and just waiting. I had a crazy thought that I'll outline below, I am wondering 2 things - is it even possible, and if it is what do you think?

Could we watch the first parade from Frontierland or Liberty square, and then do the terrace dessert party and eat desserts while the fireworks are going on. Would we have time to get to the terrace dessert party and get our desserts before the fireworks?

I'm a little concerned that the view wouldn't be good enough to see projections, and since we would arrive so late (if it is even possible) we would obviously have the worst seats there are. It was just a thought, how would you manage to see both the parade and fireworks without losing so much party time to staking out spots? we don't have to have the best spots ever, but I am short and we have 2 kids so we do need to be able to see.

We did the MNSSHP Terrace dessert party last year, so I'll give you my two-cents on how they ran check-in and seating, which may affect your decision on what would work best for your family that evening. Last year, you could get your wristbands for the terrace party as early as 4:00 pm. This was a bit of a time saver because guests line up REALLY early for official party start time to secure good tables. I just checked and start of the terrace party this year is 9:15 pm which is the same time the parade starts, so, yes, if you watch the parade in Frontierland or Liberty Square, you are looking at arriving at the terrace no earlier than 9:45 pm, possibly later (we used this strategy for the MVMCP parade and plaza garden party two years ago and, honestly, hot footing it through Fantasyland to the terrace while the parade was going on was not fun). Unless the dessert party hasn't sold well that evening, you will not get a great table. Yes, you will be able to sit and enjoy your desserts while the fireworks go off, but you will probably not see the projections very well. I've agonized over this same issue for our party this year. We really enjoy the Plaza Garden dessert parties and have done them many times with shorter people (I'm 5'2" and I've done the party with smaller kids) and have never had an issue seeing the castle projections. I've decided, we are going to book the MNSSHP Plaza Garden dessert party and stake out a spot for the parade in the hub or slightly down Main St. as close to the Tomorrowland Terrace entrance as possible. When the parade ends (hopefully around 9:45 pm in the hub), we'll go to the terrace, eat some dessert (more like scarf it down, I suppose) and then get to the garden around 10 pm. I think by watching the first parade and doing one of the parties, there will be trade-offs - with the terrace, the trade-off is a view that won't be great - with the garden, the trade-off is having to scarf down any dessert you may want. The other option, honestly, would be to watch the parade further down Main St. (closer to the train station) and then simply walking into the center of Main St. to watch the fireworks. We tend to choose the dessert parties only because my DS11 can't handle the crush of crowds exiting MK after the fireworks and likes to wait out the wave of people a bit before we go.

I'm going to the first party in 2 weeks! My first time! I'm agrivated that the only info we have is on the fireworks and parade! Where is the merch pictures and the special treats you can buy info? I'm dying to know if there is a special Halloween popcorn bucket.

I agree! I'm just now checking in and don't see anything new to post. We still need the following info / Release Date for last year
  • Confirmation of all available Ride Attractions / April 15, 2018
  • Disney Open Edition Halloween Pins & Prices / June 21, 2018
  • Exclusive MNSSHP 2019 Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card / July 30, 2018
  • WDW Resort Halloween Refillable Mug / Aug 9, 2018
  • MNSSHP Exclusive Popcorn Bucket, Halloween Bucket & Pail / Aug 9, 2018
  • WDW Halloween Merchandise for Parks / Aug 9, 2018
  • Halloween MagicBands at ShopDisney & Parks / Aug 15, 2018
  • Exclusive MNSSHP MagicBand / Aug 16, 2018
  • Exclusive MNSSHP Food Menu & Guide / Aug 16, 2018
  • MNSSHP Exclusive Merchandise / Aug 17, 2018
  • Party Map, Character News, prices for Exclusive Pins
  • Halloween Gift Cards / Oct 11, 2018 - Just added

Last edited:
I agree! I'm just now checking in and don't see anything new to post. We still need the following info / Release Date for last year
  • Confirmation of all available Ride Attractions / April 15, 2018
  • Disney Open Edition Halloween Pins & Prices / June 21, 2018
  • Exclusive MNSSHP 2019 Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card / July 30, 2018
  • WDW Resort Halloween Refillable Mug / Aug 9, 2018
  • MNSSHP Exclusive Popcorn Bucket, Halloween Bucket & Pail / Aug 9, 2018
  • WDW Halloween Merchandise for Parks / Aug 9, 2018
  • Halloween MagicBands at ShopDisney & Parks / Aug 15, 2018
  • Exclusive MNSSHP MagicBand / Aug 16, 2018
  • Exclusive MNSSHP Food Menu & Guide / Aug 16, 2018
  • MNSSHP Exclusive Merchandise / Aug 17, 2018
  • Party Map, Character News, prices for Exclusive Pins

Come on Disney, we’re all dying for info! Especially those of us poor saps heading to the first party...

I can post The Haunted Mansion Mystery Pins at ShopDisney are back in stock unfortunately free shipping isn't.

LINK

And additional Haunted Mansion merchandise has been spotted at Magic Kingdom's Memento Mori, I'm thinking it's in preparation for the 50th anniversary at Disneyland which will also be celebrated at WDW on Aug 8th & 9th . There are lots of clothes but here's the cream of the crop in other merchandise!

Heat Sensitive Hatbox Ghost Mug – $22.99

Haunted Mansion Door Knocker – $24.99

Grave Digger Mug – $19.99 - Check out the spoon, it's a shovel!

And it appears the Haunted Mansion Hologram Doom Buggy is back in stock PLUS during the 50th Anniversary on Aug 9th at WDW there will be another version, take a look!

The original was available at ShopDisney for $19.99 went on sale for $14.99 then sold out and could only be had on ebay for $35+ Woof! The 50th version doom buggy vehicle will feature new sounds and available at Memento Mori.

:hmghost:Maybe we'll see some items online! Remember, if you see anything I post in BLUE, it's a link! ;)

I have never felt the need for any spirit Jersey ever.....until now!
We are still planning on attending the Labor Day party (I bought the tickets a long time ago) but it will be 4 days after SW GE opening. I am wondering, what are your thoughts on it being extremely crowded?
I am afraid they will oversell the party.
It seems to me that a lot of us are going to the Labor Day MNSSHP this year! I still don't have my plan of attack formulated but the fact that we probably wont do any characters (ok, maybe 1) and given that this is an 11 night trip for us, I don't feel too pressured to ride a lot of rides. Fireworks, parade, ToT, HP show, Magic Shots.....oh, and I would love a grave digger photo. We missed it last year

:beach: Feeling Hot, Hot Hot!

Disney World’s Refillable Water Bottle Stations - a must read!

View attachment 422341

LINK
I’ve not used one of these but the article does mention that even though these are filtered, the lingering ceNtral Florida taste is still present. I actually bring individual Propel flavor packets to the parks with us so that would be a good work-around.

I did the party at MVMCP in December and it was fantastic for pictures of the parade! I was curbside looking straight down Main Street. My pictures are amazing! I thought the party itself was great too. We ate and had a drink, went out to watch fireworks, got our front and center spot for the parade, and went back in later for another drink.

Did you have to get there early for a good spot at the party? I was thinking of doing it for our family just for the great spot without having to wait an hour but wanted to make sure we still weren't going to have to wait there either.

Did you have to get there early for a good spot at the party? I was thinking of doing it for our family just for the great spot without having to wait an hour but wanted to make sure we still weren't going to have to wait there either.
I did get out there early to nab my seat. It was right before fireworks. Tony’s party was new and I wanted to make sure I had that center spot. Another lady joined me soon after but honestly, there was room right at the edge of the rope the entire time. My husband came out soon after and stood underneath the tree right behind me. He’s a “stander”, Lol

I am so glad to not be attending one of the first parties this year. I attended the second party last year and though I missed out on so much information and Halloween merchandise, MK just did not make me feel like it was time for Halloween. I leave in 42 days hopefully September will feel better if not then I will go back to October!!!

I am so glad to not be attending one of the first parties this year. I attended the second party last year and though I missed out on so much information and Halloween merchandise, MK just did not make me feel like it was time for Halloween. I leave in 42 days hopefully September will feel better if not then I will go back to October!!!

Was there something specifically that made it feel that way? Or just too early in the year? I do wish they'd put more fall decorations up in the parks. We went on a cruise on Halloween one year and it was so bizarre. Definitely did NOT feel like Halloween despite decorations, music, etc.!

Was there something specifically that made it feel that way? Or just too early in the year? I do wish they'd put more fall decorations up in the parks. We went on a cruise on Halloween one year and it was so bizarre. Definitely did NOT feel like Halloween despite decorations, music, etc.!
It was too early. The park was all decorated and I did enjoy my time but Halloween is for the fall not late summer.

It was too early. The park was all decorated and I did enjoy my time but Halloween is for the fall not late summer.

We're a weird family that celebrates it pretty much all year (I've been known to ask for Halloween props for Christmas), but I know most people do not feel that way! Glad you still had a good time.

Am I able to get fast passes if I get to magic kingdom earlier? I read online that you can go in earlier but the app won’t let me make any fast passes. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for all the questions, has anyone been able to see the event under “plans” on the app? I only see the event under “my tickets”

Am I able to get fast passes if I get to magic kingdom earlier? I read online that you can go in earlier but the app won’t let me make any fast passes. Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure which day is your party day but my party day is very slim pickins'. You can get I. To the park on a regular MNSSHP ticket at 4pm.
Sorry for all the questions, has anyone been able to see the event under “plans” on the app? I only see the event under “my tickets”
Yes, that is correct
They show up under your tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter