"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
I also wanted to add for anyone wanting BOG during the party...

There was a CM with a sign taking same day reservations. This was at the RH entrance tunnel. I’m not saying this is available at every party, but the party was sold out, and they were accepting entering guests at 5 pm.

Saw the same at each party I attended.

So we were originally going to go to the 9/29 party but since hearing it is sold out we opted to change nights.
We were able to go to the Disney Guest Services desk at the Dolphin and had no problem switching to this Tuesday, 10/1 party.
Funny thing is, this was the party we originally were gonna do, but touring plans made us decide on Sunday because TP said it would "probably" be less crowded. I guess with the party pass being offered this year it has really changed the trend of previous years.

I think all the rescheduling from Dorian added to the now crowds too.

Each party I went to before Sept 17, were not crowded. And the week of Dorian, they were absolutely empty.

I linked mine to the account with the number thats printed on the order. Worked fine, but had to refreash the broser for them to show up. Called disney before trying this and they said it could not be done. It can be, and it took a minute or two.

I'm not sure what to do anymore! We have 3 party options during our trip but had been planning on the 10/29 one since it's a Tuesday and we figured a weekday would be less crowded than the 27th (Sunday) or 11/1 (Friday) but it seems like with the first 2 Tuesdays in October (UT also has the 8th as sold out) I may need to rethink things? Are the chances all 3 nights will sell out pretty good? I was going to wait until about a week out to purchase the tickets so I could see about the weather but I guess that's now a huge risk!

We went on 11/1 back in 2011 and crowds were non existent. I miss those days!

I'm really starting to wonder (maybe it's more like hope) that they're selling less tickets than before due to the party pass...and that's why they're selling out. Seems odd to have so many sell outs. Either that or they got so much flack for being overcrowded last year that they started capping better 🤷‍♀️. I don't know. We'll see...I was expecting a very busy party for our 10/29 party night anyway.

I'm not sure what to do anymore! We have 3 party options during our trip but had been planning on the 10/29 one since it's a Tuesday and we figured a weekday would be less crowded than the 27th (Sunday) or 11/1 (Friday) but it seems like with the first 2 Tuesdays in October (UT also has the 8th as sold out) I may need to rethink things? Are the chances all 3 nights will sell out pretty good? I was going to wait until about a week out to purchase the tickets so I could see about the weather but I guess that's now a huge risk!

We went on 11/1 back in 2011 and crowds were non existent. I miss those days!
We have gone the 29th (or 30th) the last 3 years. I think 2 of the 3 times it sold out. I didn’t notice the crowds being any less last year when it didn’t sell out (at least i think last year was the year it didn’t tell out). We are going on the 29th again this year. I just plan on it selling out.

I think Sunday the 27th will sell out too bc there are discounts for that night for passholders and DVC members.

My last two family members bought their tickets last night for the party in two weeks. BUT.... they had to buy on the Disney site because Undercover Tourist didn't have their MNSSHP ticket page up. ??? I went on to check myself and it's not there and I checked again this morning and it's still gone. They only have the Christmas party under special event tickets and if you search for MNSSHP you get a link but the page itself is not there.
10/1 is now sold out, FYI.
UT took the Oct 1 date off preemptively on Friday because the date was close to selling out. I wonder if they took all the dates off for now until things settle down?
I'm really starting to wonder (maybe it's more like hope) that they're selling less tickets than before due to the party pass...and that's why they're selling out. Seems odd to have so many sell outs. Either that or they got so much flack for being overcrowded last year that they started capping better 🤷‍♀️. I don't know. We'll see...I was expecting a very busy party for our 10/29 party night anyway.
I don't understand why Disney is saying sales for the party are slow, which is why they put in the kiosks and why they had to dip into 3rd party inventory. ??? Could it just be just a fluke or something else going on.
https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/slow...-pilot-program-at-magic-kingdom-area-resorts/

So, the last 4 parties have sold out.

Anyone have reports from Friday's (Sept 27) party? Anyone going tonight? Curious to know if Disney is perhaps holding back spaces based on how many party passes have sold...

So, the last 4 parties have sold out.

Anyone have reports from Friday's (Sept 27) party? Anyone going tonight? Curious to know if Disney is perhaps holding back spaces based on how many party passes have sold...

It seems like quite a few of us on the Dis, myself included, will be there tonight. I was at this same party last year and it wasn't crowded at all, so I am curious to see how different tonight will be, I will let everyone know.

One thing that always influences these Sept dates on some level is the Jewish holiday calendar, which moves around quite a bit year to year. Rosh Hashanah starts tomorrow, for example. It was 9/10-9/11 last year. Plus a few other holidays that dot Sept & sometimes Oct. There are some school systems that tend to get off for certain days or weeks around certain holidays.

Has any AP had experience with parking at the TTC for the party, but arriving after 7pm? I'm assuming I'll have to pay for parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter