• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, 103 pages! I'll be arriving on Nov 29, solo, and am debating if I finally want to check out MVMCP. I'm a passholder on a budget so $110 is a little steep. I'll be reading through all of this, but any solo adults have strong feelings on this party?

Yikes, 103 pages! I'll be arriving on Nov 29, solo, and am debating if I finally want to check out MVMCP. I'm a passholder on a budget so $110 is a little steep. I'll be reading through all of this, but any solo adults have strong feelings on this party?
what do you want out of it? You're there for special characters? for the parade and fireworks? just for the rides?

what do you want out of it? You're there for special characters? for the parade and fireworks? just for the rides?
Would it be weird to say the holiday spirit? It's my "Christmas" trip and honestly going to Disney in December makes me feel much more like it's actually Christmas season. I've heard the parade & fireworks are better at MNSSHP but I've only done MNSSHP so I can't say if that's true. The rides are a nice bonus if the lines are short, especially since the parks will close early almost every day during my trip & I really enjoy riding some of them at night. Special characters are okay - I am collecting autographs on a large Mickey vinylmation but I won't wait 30 minutes for a meet & greet. It's more that I carry it around with me & if there's a short line I hop in. Fun holiday snacks are a nice bonus too, because I know some of them are party-exclusive.

Would it be weird to say the holiday spirit? It's my "Christmas" trip and honestly going to Disney in December makes me feel much more like it's actually Christmas season. I've heard the parade & fireworks are better at MNSSHP but I've only done MNSSHP so I can't say if that's true. The rides are a nice bonus if the lines are short, especially since the parks will close early almost every day during my trip & I really enjoy riding some of them at night. Special characters are okay - I am collecting autographs on a large Mickey vinylmation but I won't wait 30 minutes for a meet & greet. It's more that I carry it around with me & if there's a short line I hop in. Fun holiday snacks are a nice bonus too, because I know some of them are party-exclusive.
I would go then. Nothing says Christmas like parade on main street with snope

I saw in an earlier post that people were still lining up for Jack & Sally around 11:40pm. Is this normal, or do they usually cut the line off earlier than that? Wondering if we can queue up after the 11pm parade (going to the party on Tuesday 12/3 if that matters). Thanks!

Was just on Peoplemover and here’s the current status of Space Mountain:

Attachments

• 5066B1F1-D4F5-4C9C-8E75-A14708656BAD.jpeg
    5066B1F1-D4F5-4C9C-8E75-A14708656BAD.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 122
  • 82EE4567-CE73-4EFC-8FB4-042676BDEEDC.jpeg
    82EE4567-CE73-4EFC-8FB4-042676BDEEDC.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 8B31CC24-E9A0-4A30-BCD8-9A868EFB837B.jpeg
    8B31CC24-E9A0-4A30-BCD8-9A868EFB837B.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 102
I went to the 11/17 party and really enjoyed it! It seemed less crowded than the past two years that same week (which makes sense with how holidays/jersey week fell this year).
I know we didn’t have the most efficient plan and didn’t do the most stuff, but we did get to do what we wanted and went at a slowish pace.
The treat lines looked long but moved pretty quickly (I don’t think we waited more than 2 or 3 minutes). The lines seemed to die down as the night went on.
We rode the tea cups, space mountain, and speedway, and saw laugh floor. We really enjoyed all of them. We waited about 20 minutes for all of them (wait times were posted at 25-30) around 7:30/8:00. Tea cups was a walk on and there were only a couple of groups on the ride right before midnight.
I also loved the new fireworks!

We went to the 11/19, and had a great time. The crowds didn’t seem too much that day either, but I was with my 3 year old and didn’t wait for any of the special characters or big rides. I think his favorite part was the bubble wand. :) We rode the carousel before 7 and they were already checking wristbands. We saw Frozen holiday wish twice, once on purpose, and once because of our parade spot. Ducked out of there and sort of followed the parade out of the park so still saw some snow on Main Street. My son wore his noise canceling headphones the whole time (his choice), and a lot of parents said that was a good idea. Wish we could have stayed longer would be the only thing I would change!

11/19 Report:
We spent the morning in MK and went back to the hotel to nap around 1. I was able to get a 4th FP for Buzz for 4:30 before we left the park. We got back to the park at 4:30, and rode Buzz. After we tapped in for Buzz I was able to score a 5th FP for Aladdin staring at 5:10 so we went to ride that. We finished around 5:40 and headed to the hub to find a spot to watch Frozen Holiday Wish. It was super cute and I recommend seeing it. After we were able to accomplish the following:
- 2 rides on Pooh with about 5 and 10 minute waits
- tea cups right at 7 and got the first Christmas overlay ride
- snack booths (lines were long but moved very quickly)
- Disney Junior Dance Party
- 7 Dwarves Mine Train - Line was about 30 minutes
- Peter Pan - Line was about 20 minutes
- BTMR

We then got a spot in the hub for fireworks. We got there around 9:30. I regret getting there so early because no matter how early we get there, people still push their way and stand right in front of us as the show starts. But we did catch the stage show and my kids loved it. Immediately after fireworks we were able to score a spot on the curb on Main Street. My kids struggled sitting around waiting for the parade and next time I would do the first parade. I think they would have done better if we were going on rides as the night got late than sitting. None of my kids (ages 10, 8, and 4) thought the long character lines were worth it. They prefer rides.

Some random thoughts - the party was fun. I would definitely do it again. It was cold. Pack layers. The snow on Main Street was gorgeous, but it was actually annoying to sit under for so long waiting on the parade. It was in my eyes, mouth, etc. Next time we will sit elsewhere for the parade.

We're due to do MVMCP on 20th December (first ever MVMCP for me!). We've managed to secure a fastpass for Space Mountain for before the party actually starts at 5pm; having read that it's been "Christmas-ified" will it be that way if we are riding it before the actual party starting? Or will it only have the extra Christmas highlights once the party has commenced at 7pm?

We're due to do MVMCP on 20th December (first ever MVMCP for me!). We've managed to secure a fastpass for Space Mountain for before the party actually starts at 5pm; having read that it's been "Christmas-ified" will it be that way if we are riding it before the actual party starting? Or will it only have the extra Christmas highlights once the party has commenced at 7pm?

It won't be Christmas-ified (nice word!) prior to approx 7pm.

My night last night including both dessert parties:
So we originally had a BOG ADR at 5:25, but DS7 decided to swim a little longer in the afternoon, and he needed down time, so I canceled it.
We headed over walking from CR around 5. Got right in, got our cookie and made our way to SDMT for our 5-6 FP. When we were done, we got the GIngerbread sundae and sat down to eat it.
We then made our way to the castle area for the castle lighting.
Checked waits, decided to hit Pirates. 5 min
Thought about Aladdin m&g, there wasn't a terrible line, but still 6:50 so 10 minutes on top of that. DS decided "Nah", so we made our way over to TL.
7pm. Space was not open. At first that was annoying. We thought maybe it was delayed just to change over, so we did the magic shot thing right there. (picture frame one)
No suck luck, Space was down.
Since Space was down, everyone went to TLSW, wait was 35.
We did a little shopping. Then went to Buzz, walk on.
TLSW wait dropped to 20, so we headed there. I think we waited closer to 10-15.
It was cute.
Dumbo, waited few minutes.
Looked around shop there, grabbed pretzel.
8:30ish Decided to head to dessert party.
Got sat, grabbed a few items/drink. About done, check app around 8:40ish, SPace at 0, so I knew it was opening. We boogied! Got there to a 10 min wait! It was fun, cool to see the tracks.
Went back to dessert party to get one more drink, then we headed to castle area for castle show at 9:20ish. Found a spot in front of partner statue, and some nice ladies let DS sit on rail in between them so he could see better. Cute show.
Made our way to garden. Here is the best part. Garden was so empty! Compared to the night before for HEA!! :crowded: We went towards back corner and sat/reclined. Ahhhh.
LOVED show! DS said he liked it maybe better than HEA.
Glad I was not in the sea of humanity, so enjoyed it with our own personal space! Worth $$$
Headed to Tony's.
Got some pizza and other items by pizza. (sorry, can't remeber wat they were called, but 1 had chicken, one shrimp) Got some Cokes. Food is fine, we aren't too picky. It's not fabulous, but it is fine. I actually enjoyed the chicken and shrimp things.
Grabbed a few desserts, then headed to parade spot about 10:50.
I will say area around Tony's when we got there had open space if you wanted to sit that long. When we headed to our spot it was 2-3 rows deep atleast, all around area. A few small 1 row spots.
We went over and sat in front of giant Xmas tree facing castle. Great spot. DS sat the entire parade, I stood behind him. It was very cool to see the parade coming down MStreet. For our first time (I've been 2 other times, but years ago, so barely remember) I was glad to have the view, and the meal since we missed dinner! :)
Much better experience this party compared to our Aug MNSSHP in the heat and my migraine headache. :)
NO regrets at all!!!!:santa::goodvibespixiedust:

I just wanted to report that we went last night (11/19) and LOVED it. My adult son (33) and I are on this trip together and it has been great. We have been to WDW many, many times over the years, but never at Christmas. We thought the party was big fun. We also booked the Tomorrow Land Terrace Dessert Party to view the fireworks. It was so nice to have a seat (and a bird’s eye view) to enjoy those spectacular fireworks. The Dessert Party was well worth the money.

We thought the whole day was a huge success. We went to the Magic Kingdom at RD, rode some rides, went back to the hotel for lunch (and to rest up) and then headed back to the Magic Kingdom around 3:30 p.m. We had a 4:45 reservation for dinner at BOG. This was a perfect plan.

To all those who are going in the next month - ENJOY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter