"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to ask again to anyone who would know, do we need to get the memory maker for one day right when we get there? Or can we wait until later? Would we be ok to take some photopass pictures before purchasing the one day memory maker?

How early do they let people in these days? Is it right at 4 they let you in? Trying to book fastpasses today and wondering if 315-415 would give me enough time to get to the ride

How early do they let people in these days? Is it right at 4 they let you in? Trying to book fastpasses today and wondering if 315-415 would give me enough time to get to the ride

DVC can get in at 2pm
Non DVC can get in at 4 - i think earlier would be nothing you can count on

If staying on Disney property, do you still get to make FP+ for MK on a party night, prior to the 6pm official park close time?

What if you are not going to the MK that day prior to the party? I read people having 3:40pm FP+, but only getting into the park at 4pm.

In MDE, how do you make FP+ for that 3:40 time period? I thought there weren't any FP+ for the party?

Headed to Tony's.
Got some pizza and other items by pizza. (sorry, can't remeber wat they were called, but 1 had chicken, one shrimp) Got some Cokes. Food is fine, we aren't too picky. It's not fabulous, but it is fine. I actually enjoyed the chicken and shrimp things.
Grabbed a few desserts, then headed to parade spot about 10:50.
I will say area around Tony's when we got there had open space if you wanted to sit that long. When we headed to our spot it was 2-3 rows deep atleast, all around area. A few small 1 row spots.
We went over and sat in front of giant Xmas tree facing castle. Great spot. DS sat the entire parade, I stood behind him. It was very cool to see the parade coming down MStreet. For our first time (I've been 2 other times, but years ago, so barely remember) I was glad to have the view, and the meal since we missed dinner! :)
Much better experience this party compared to our Aug MNSSHP in the heat and my migraine headache. :)
NO regrets at all!!!!:santa::goodvibespixiedust:

How crowded was the reserved area by the Christmas Tree at 10:50 when you headed over? Was that area 2-3 rows deep? and you were able to fit in? I have Tony's planed, so trying to figure out about what time you need to head out to the reserved area for the straight-on view of the parade

Dh and I are still deciding on a date but I’m looking for some opinions. Since I’m pregnant there isn’t much I can ride and I don’t think there are any characters we’re interested in that meet before 7 but I’ll have to double check. My question is should we plan to arrive close to 7? When we did MNSSHP earlier this year we got there at 4ish and were pretty bored waiting until 7 for something to do

Dh and I are still deciding on a date but I’m looking for some opinions. Since I’m pregnant there isn’t much I can ride and I don’t think there are any characters we’re interested in that meet before 7 but I’ll have to double check. My question is should we plan to arrive close to 7? When we did MNSSHP earlier this year we got there at 4ish and were pretty bored waiting until 7 for something to do

Weather permitting: I love the boats from mk! You can make the loop mk/gf/poly and back. Or take one to WL( get off and see that lobby!!) and back.
Sometimes I just ride it and sometimes I get off explore and grab the next one. Its also fun to do the QS at different resorts for new options.

Or mono around and enjoy the ride. You can get off at the resorts and check out holiday decor. Those kind of things easy when you cant do rides.

I literally stood across from the reserved area with plenty of viewing area and prime character interaction. I guess my little one doesn’t walk yet but I love Disney add ons and am struggling to find any value with this purchase in a purchase party. I hope you have fun and report back how your experience is maybe it will change my mind!
Where did you stand exactly?

If staying on Disney property, do you still get to make FP+ for MK on a party night, prior to the 6pm official park close time?

What if you are not going to the MK that day prior to the party? I read people having 3:40pm FP+, but only getting into the park at 4pm.

In MDE, how do you make FP+ for that 3:40 time period? I thought there weren't any FP+ for the party?

There are no FPs available once the park closes at 6pm. But a MVMCP ticket will allow for FP booking during open park hours prior to 6pm. The MDE system reads it simply as a park ticket, and park tickets are what allow FPs to exist, so to speak.

Assuming you have no other FPs booked that day, a party ticket will let you book FPs for any time. But from a technical/practical perspective, one can only physically be in the park to use a FP 4pm+ (or 2pm+ for DVC blue card holders) (assuming you’re not using any other park admission to get in the MK, such as a regular park ticket or AP). So people will often book FPs 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6pm, or similar. Obviously one can only use that first FP towards the back half of the window once they are in the park.

Hope all of that makes sense. :-)

How crowded was the reserved area by the Christmas Tree at 10:50 when you headed over? Was that area 2-3 rows deep? and you were able to fit in? I have Tony's planed, so trying to figure out about what time you need to head out to the reserved area for the straight-on view of the parade
It was pretty wide open, only a handful of people scattered the whole area right there. By 11-11:15 people started coming, but it was just 1 row across the area as far as I could see. Plenty of room around us if more wanted to stand behind etc. YMMV :)

Is it possible to find a spot in the hub behind a fence looking towards the castle at 9:15 (45 minutes before the fireworks), perferably in the island that the partner's statue is in? Going this Friday. Me and my daughter are short so would like to stand behind one of the fenced planted areas.

Weather permitting: I love the boats from mk! You can make the loop mk/gf/poly and back. Or take one to WL( get off and see that lobby!!) and back.
Sometimes I just ride it and sometimes I get off explore and grab the next one. Its also fun to do the QS at different resorts for new options.

Or mono around and enjoy the ride. You can get off at the resorts and check out holiday decor. Those kind of things easy when you cant do rides.
We were just there on Saturday to see the GF and contemporary but I just saw WL also has a gingerbread log cabin so maybe we’ll go there. I think we’ll drive our car and park at MK. We’ll be coming after Dh gets off from work. Which QS do you recommend at the monorail resorts? I think we’ve done the one at WL but that’s it

I just wanted to report that we went last night (11/19) and LOVED it. My adult son (33) and I are on this trip together and it has been great. We have been to WDW many, many times over the years, but never at Christmas. We thought the party was big fun. We also booked the Tomorrow Land Terrace Dessert Party to view the fireworks. It was so nice to have a seat (and a bird’s eye view) to enjoy those spectacular fireworks. The Dessert Party was well worth the money.

We thought the whole day was a huge success. We went to the Magic Kingdom at RD, rode some rides, went back to the hotel for lunch (and to rest up) and then headed back to the Magic Kingdom around 3:30 p.m. We had a 4:45 reservation for dinner at BOG. This was a perfect plan.

To all those who are going in the next month - ENJOY!!!
Of course so happy you had fun but all I can think is that this is like a $600 night! Funny the things we normalize when it comes to Disney :rotfl:

IMHO I loved these new fireworks, they're pretty impressive pyro-wise. The song in the end is actually from the Muppets Christmas Carol movie. Maybe it's because I knew the song but I loved it
THIS SONG IS IN?! I thought it was in Holiday Wishes and it got cut for this. Okay well now I'm at 11/10 hype for the show. Muppet Christmas Carol is probably the best Christmas Carol adaptation and almost certainly one of the best Muppet movies.

Off topic, but I'm glad this chance to go to WDW cropped up because I was pretty concerned that MV3D wouldn't be there by the 50th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter