"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any recent experience on when Moana starts meeting? I thought it was at 5:45 pm but I’m seeing reports that says it changed to 6:30 pm. If we want to see the castle lighting and meet the princesses/princes right when they start, I’m wondering if it’s a better idea to meet her right after the first parade (if we watch from Frontierland) instead of right when she starts? Anyone meet her at either of those times?

I guess the party is not selling as much as Disney wants it, they just added discounted dates for CM for December 8,12 and 19
Oh, how interesting. We were debating going on the 8th after all, but now I’m hesitating- do CM-discounted parties end up being much more crowded for that reason?

Oh, how interesting. We were debating going on the 8th after all, but now I’m hesitating- do CM-discounted parties end up being much more crowded for that reason?
Depends on how many cm are checking for discounted tickets since the original discount was only through November, but i honestly don't think it'll make that much of a difference

Does anyone have any recent experience on when Moana starts meeting? I thought it was at 5:45 pm but I’m seeing reports that says it changed to 6:30 pm. If we want to see the castle lighting and meet the princesses/princes right when they start, I’m wondering if it’s a better idea to meet her right after the first parade (if we watch from Frontierland) instead of right when she starts? Anyone meet her at either of those times?
I met her right after the fireworks at MNSSHP and the wait was minimal, if that’s an option?

Where are you hearing this from? Link please. I don't recall it being posted here. Thanks!

I met her right after the fireworks at MNSSHP and the wait was minimal, if that’s an option?
Possibly! I’m not 100% sure how long my 6 year old will last and I know that will be high on her list. I will keep that in mind if lines are prohibitively long earlier. Thanks!
Where are you hearing this from? Link please. I don't recall it being posted here. Thanks!
Not here. I read it in some other Disney groups I’m in and wondered if that had been anyone’s experience here. I don’t think I’m allowed to post the link. Essentially, CMs had mentioned that she was meeting at 5:45 for the Halloween party but was switching to 6:30 for the Christmas party after the first one. I thought I read here it was the earlier time so just wondering if anyone had noticed the switch to a 6:30 pm start?

Possibly! I’m not 100% sure how long my 6 year old will last and I know that will be high on her list. I will keep that in mind if lines are prohibitively long earlier. Thanks!

Not here. I read it in some other Disney groups I’m in and wondered if that had been anyone’s experience here. I don’t think I’m allowed to post the link. Essentially, CMs had mentioned that she was meeting at 5:45 for the Halloween party but was switching to 6:30 for the Christmas party after the first one. I thought I read here it was the earlier time so just wondering if anyone had noticed the switch to a 6:30 pm start?
Going through blogs & tweets, I'm still seeing 5:45 for her meet time.

I guess the party is not selling as much as Disney wants it, they just added discounted dates for CM for December 8,12 and 19

Hmmm... we’ll be there December 10th and that date doesn’t have CM discounts. I’m guessing that means it has sold better than the other 3 dates.

Hi!
Would love advice please re: best suggested order to try and fit this in at an upcoming party (if it’s doable):

-meeting snow/aurora/their princes
-meeting Ariel/eric
-meeting Santa Goofy and/or meeting Pooh & friends
-frozen castle lighting
-fireworks
- a few random rides if time allows

This will be with a 3 yo and 5 yo.

We will be watching the 830 parade and will have someone taking care of getting seats separately and we will be leaving after the fireworks.
We will be in the park from 545/6pm onward.

Hello! Does anyone have any recent experience with the wait times for meeting the dwarves later at night? What about Peter Pan towards the beginning of the night?

Was set on doing the second parade, but now debating if we should watch the first one from Frontierland and try to do some rides/meets during the second one

Hello! Does anyone have any recent experience with the wait times for meeting the dwarves later at night? What about Peter Pan towards the beginning of the night?

Was set on doing the second parade, but now debating if we should watch the first one from Frontierland and try to do some rides/meets during the second one

Peter Pan is roaming, so shouldn't really have waits, it will just be a question of can you find him and get him to stop to interact with you.

We just attended a party and the CMs shut the door to the dwarves around 11:30, so go before then.

It is my preferred strategy to do the first parade because wait times really do seem to go down that final hour, for characters and rides.

I did a big write up of my experience and times a few pages back, but I believe in the 11-12 hour we did:

Met Ducks and Minnie
Met Tweedles
Met Ariel/Eric
Met Belle
Rode Speedway

Peter Pan is roaming, so shouldn't really have waits, it will just be a question of can you find him and get him to stop to interact with you.

We just attended a party and the CMs shut the door to the dwarves around 11:30, so go before then.

It is my preferred strategy to do the first parade because wait times really do seem to go down that final hour, for characters and rides.

I did a big write up of my experience and times a few pages back, but I believe in the 11-12 hour we did:

Met Ducks and Minnie
Met Tweedles
Met Ariel/Eric
Met Belle
Rode Speedway

Awesome thank you! That’s super helpful 😁

Hi!
Would love advice please re: best suggested order to try and fit this in at an upcoming party (if it’s doable):

-meeting snow/aurora/their princes
-meeting Ariel/eric
-meeting Santa Goofy and/or meeting Pooh & friends
-frozen castle lighting
-fireworks
- a few random rides if time allows

This will be with a 3 yo and 5 yo.

We will be watching the 830 parade and will have someone taking care of getting seats separately and we will be leaving after the fireworks.
We will be in the park from 545/6pm onward.

It might be tough but this is what I would do:

Line up around 5:30 for Pooh (or as soon as you can get there). They start to meet at 6:20. That's a bit early for the 3 and 5 year old, but you said you'd have someone get the parade spot so maybe you can split up and someone can hold the space in line for Pooh, and someone can take the kids around elsewhere.

Hopefully that would have you the first group, or among the first group, to meet the Poohs.

Immediately after meeting them I would get into line for Snow and Aurora. At this time the line should be forming quickly so go right away. They will start to meet at 7.

After this I would choose either Santa Goofy or Eric/Ariel, not sure if you'd have time for both.

Bypass?? I know where this is when you enter from the front of the park, but we will have been at MK all day - have tickets to MVMCP that night - do we have to go all the way to the entrance or is there access from Main St for Party goers?? Thanks

Can I ask for some quick advice? We are probably going to go after all even though we are doing a Merrytime Cruise right after our WDW stint this time. We just can't stand the thought of missing this party, which is hilarious considering that two years ago I swore off them due to crowds (last year there was close to frost-level temperatures the night we went and it was fabulous).

Really the only thing DS wants to do this time is see the new fireworks, watch the parade, and meet Aladdin as Prince Ali. I have the fireworks and parade strategized already, but I am struggling with figuring out where to fit in the Ali meet. Should we line up around 6:30 or closer to 7?

Second- do you all suspect it might be crazy on the 5th since ROTR would have opened that day? We are really only able to do the 5th, 6th, or 8th. I know that there are never any guarantees or crystal balls, but we would be taking my crowd-averse elderly father too and I am concerned about overflow from DHS.

ETA- I'm also trying to remember whether there is milk in the hot chocolate, or if it is made with just powder and water?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter