"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could only choose one, would you choose Tony’s or the fireworks dessert party? I’m trying to choose. Also going to have my 70 year old mom with me, so thinking a place to sit would be nice.

If you could only choose one, would you choose Tony’s or the fireworks dessert party? I’m trying to choose. Also going to have my 70 year old mom with me, so thinking a place to sit would be nice.
Which event is more important to you and your mom? Parade or fireworks? Personally, with the FW show being new and expected to be more projection-based, I’d pick the fireworks party. Also, fireworks happen only once per night whereas you have 2 shots to see the parade. But if being on Main Street in the snow, with a curbside view of the parade is more of a priority, then do Tony’s. The view really can’t be beat!

I;ve done the party multiple times with an ECV. The hardest part for navigating for me is Main Street because every time we tried to do it it was always packed with people. it is just a slow, awkward slog. On arriving, if they have the bypass to the right open, I would suggest using it just to avoid the Main Street crowd [and its hazards, like curbs, the rail tracks, etc].

I've actually never used the designated viewing areas so can't comment on that. We've always found somewhere to watch from that works, though.

SW

Thanks! We are hoping to arrive around 3pm (DVC can get in as early as 2pm), so hopefully we'll be able to navigate Main Street but I can totally see that as a major bottleneck. Good point about the hazards - especially the trolley tracks - I am prone to nearly twisting an ankle on those myself so maybe that bypass is better in any case!

We'll be doing the MVMCP for the first time this year and we will have an ECV user with us. I did ask the parade viewing question over on the Disabilities forum and someone linked me to some really great maps of the viewing area, but like you, I have no clue how fast they fill up.

Another great point - I should be looking over at the Disabilities forum! I'll scan there for any info (and the maps you were linked to).

Thanks to both of you for responding. If I find out anything further, I'll post back here!

I chose Tony's because I felt the all you care to drink (in addition to all you care to eat), longer duration, come & go flexibility (unless that changes) , and the view for the relevant show being better was worth the $99.

The reason I bring up views is because TT is offcenter from the show and you may not get the full effect if you were outside watching. But the value here comes in weather protection and not jockeying for a coveted spot along Main Street.

So if you don't mind spending an hour away from the crowds and you're only there one night, the Fireworks may be the better value. If you still want time to explore and can splurge more, Tony's.

I really wish they were offering an After-fireworks with Garden Viewing version like they do with HEA.

I chose Tony's because I felt the all you care to drink (in addition to all you care to eat), longer duration, come & go flexibility (unless that changes) , and the view for the relevant show being better was worth the $99.

The reason I bring up views is because TT is offcenter from the show and you may not get the full effect if you were outside watching. But the value here comes in weather protection and not jockeying for a coveted spot along Main Street.

So if you don't mind spending an hour away from the crowds and you're only there one night, the Fireworks may be the better value. If you still want time to explore and can splurge more, Tony's.

I really wish they were offering an After-fireworks with Garden Viewing version like they do with HEA.
There IS a garden party option, it’s just before the show.

There IS a garden party option, it’s just before the show.

Well there's one that's around the same time as inside TT. But that starts at 8:30. If they are offering an After-Fireworks option for Minnie's Fireworks, I haven't seen it on the site.

We have tickets for the Nov 8 MVMCP. We have ADR at The Wave at 5:00. We've done MNSSHP, but this is our first MVMCP. Is there an opening show at the Castle? Do they wait for the official 7:00 start of the party? What's the best advice for seeing Moana, the other Princesses, Vampirina (can you tell we have a daughter?)? Can we wait for the second parade (we have stamina)? Is there just one castle show, fireworks? Will the park be over-run with bloggers and media? Just trying to set expectations. DH and DS will want rides, while DD and I will want shows and princesses. But, we are at WDW for 6 days, so will have other opportunities for rides. BTW: would love to see Ryno and Teresa there 🤩. Thanks for any input.

We have tickets for the Nov 8 MVMCP. We have ADR at The Wave at 5:00. We've done MNSSHP, but this is our first MVMCP. Is there an opening show at the Castle? Do they wait for the official 7:00 start of the party? What's the best advice for seeing Moana, the other Princesses, Vampirina (can you tell we have a daughter?)? Can we wait for the second parade (we have stamina)? Is there just one castle show, fireworks? Will the park be over-run with bloggers and media? Just trying to set expectations. DH and DS will want rides, while DD and I will want shows and princesses. But, we are at WDW for 6 days, so will have other opportunities for rides. BTW: would love to see Ryno and Teresa there 🤩. Thanks for any input.
You can enter the park at 4 pm with your party ticket. If meeting exclusive characters (like Moana) is important to you, I recommend arriving at MK between 330 and 345 to maximize your time. Moana (and some others) have historically started meeting prior to 7, so you can often get a meet & greet or two completed before official party start time. Moana started at 5:45 last year, with the line forming st 4. The princesses meet with their princes at MVMCP, so command long lines as well, but they don’t start until 7. Plan to head there right after meeting Moana.

Expect the first party to have lots of media on hand so plan for extra time in finding a parade and fireworks spot. The fireworks are only shown once, but if you can hold out until the second parade and last castle show, you’ll have lighter crowds. Definitely make a plan with your must do’s and your nice to do’s to manage your family’s expectations. Have fun!!

Last edited:
Fireworks viewing parties worth it? I am reading that decent spots can be found on Main Street, so I take it that the value is in the desserts/better spot. But its not like Tony's with a reserved spot for parade that's considered on of the best spots.

Another thought on the princesses...

If your DD doesn't care about meeting the corresponding princes, consider using other days to meet them. At EPCOT, you may meet Mulan, Belle, Jasmine (Jasmine is sometimes with Aladdin at MK 😉), & Aurora. Anna & Elsa is there as well. Snow splits her time meeting folks in EPCOT and MK (I've been lucky enough to meet her on my respective park days 😉). At MK you can also meet Merida, Ariel, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Cinderella in addition to the ones mentioned also being found there. Pocahontas can be found at Animal Kingdom.

Remember these princesses are one of a kind so some of them have to split their time if they can be found in different parks.😉

As always these are subject to change but based on my most recent experience in February.

Fireworks viewing parties worth it? I am reading that decent spots can be found on Main Street, so I take it that the value is in the desserts/better spot. But its not like Tony's with a reserved spot for parade that's considered on of the best spots.

You're really paying for desserts and a relaxed view. There are better views but if you don't feel like jockeying for that view in advance, then you may get more value out of having a guaranteed spot for the fireworks. Plus dessert. If you decided it was of value to you, I would recommend the Garden viewing version as you will get a more centered & closer view. However, for $15 more, you could get seating and weather protection while eating desserts and watching fireworks. But you'll be further away and more off center. All depends on how much you value having a guaranteed spot and what value you put on your time after already paying for a hard ticket event.

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind...I got my answer! :)

Is Monster's Inc Laugh floor normally open during MVMCP?

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations for TS dining on Christmas Eve or brunch on Christmas Day? I can't seem to find any info on 2019 Christmas Day dining options.

In prior years, the FW show was not super crowded and decent spots could be found all around the park. If the new show is projection heavy like HEA (which is expected) “good” spots will be harder to come by and the dessert parties will have a higher value. You’ll also likely have more people interested in the new show, causing further crowding. So this year may operate differently than it has in the past.

Does anyone have any recommendations for TS dining on Christmas Eve or brunch on Christmas Day? I can't seem to find any info on 2019 Christmas Day dining options.

Do you mean specifically inside MK, or just generally?

Last year we had Christmas Eve dinner at Les Chefs de France as part of the Candlelight Processional package. Although our meals at Les Chefs were just ok, we loved seeing CP on Christmas Eve. We had Christmas Brunch at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club at it was absolutely fantastic...we highly recommend it!

The new space mountain overlay sounds fun. Speedway, monsters and teacups seem like an attempt at crowd control. Hope it works (and does not attract to many new guests) since I have zero interest in those. Anyway, I’m glad i already have tickets for the first party since i predict it will sell our soon with all the bloggers needing to go photograph the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter