"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle Cruise is still Jingle Cruise not during the party, correct? So we can skip that during the party and go during the day if it's busy?
Yup this is our plan. We have a fastpass already, people were reporting longer waits for that than mine train during the day yesterday.

Jungle Cruise is still Jingle Cruise not during the party, correct? So we can skip that during the party and go during the day if it's busy?
Yes - Jingle cruise is jingle cruise everyday!
We had a fast past for it on Thursday and the fp line was 30 mins! The standby line was 120 mins!! (Right now, the park has been open for less than an hour and the standby time is already 70 mins! It’s 9:50am).

Our skipper on Thursday was the same girl who scanned our magic bands on the fp line... she said that the lines were so long because of an issue on their part. I think she was being fed the narration through her headphones when she was our skipper. She tried her best. We saw her later in the day setting up ropes for the parade. I guess she’s a floater.

When we did the jingle cruise again last night at the party, we walked right on and there was extra room in the boat - not full. The skipper was excellent - very funny! It was a great way to end the party.

Awesome, this makes me happy I scheduled Tony’s party! Do we have to go out early to get that view, even with the party or is that the one everyone gets?
Thanks. That looks awesome! Did you have to get that location way in advance? I am wondering how early you need to get ahead of the parade to have that view.
I grabbed that front and center spot as soon as the fireworks ended last year, then held it while my family went back into Tony’s for a bit. Those front spots are the first to go in the viewing area, but it’s why I booked the party, so I wasn’t taking any chances!

I grabbed that front and center spot as soon as the fireworks ended last year, then held it while my family went back into Tony’s for a bit. Those front spots are the first to go in the viewing area, but it’s why I booked the party, so I wasn’t taking any chances!
The reserved area for Tony's is only for the 2nd parade right?

According to the Dooney and Bourke thread, the tote is sold out already. When I was shopping on Shop Disney earlier today all three holiday purses (tote, satchel, and crossbody) were listed for sale, but when I went back about an hour ago, the tote was not listed anymore.
Well, I did what I hate doing and bought one on eBay. Turns out I was annoyed all day that I missed it, since last year I didn’t get a Christmas one and decided I would this year. I actually liked it better than the passholder one, I looked on eBay and got the tote for $340 shipped (plus tax, but you have that anywhere). So $40 more for not paying attention this morning. I just didn’t want the crossbody, I was afraid it would be too small, and really liked the tote, so I hit buy now 😳🙄.

Thank you for pointing this out!! My tv here at the contemporary says HEA at 9pm and then Minnie’s Xmas fireworks at 10pm!!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the filming they’re doing today and tomorrow at the mk. Maybe they planned to film the Xmas fireworks last night but couldn’t get a good shot due to the weather...

Whatever the reason, I’m happy we’ll get to see both fireworks shows tonight!!

I’m excited to see a clearer video of the fireworks show so I can decide if I need the plaza garden dessert party or if the terrace view will be fine. I’m obsessed with the projections for HEA and would never want to watch that from the terrace, but the projections for this one don’t seem as important. I’ll be with my 70 year old mother so having a chair would be nice! And being covered if it’s raining is another perk! I just don’t want to be disappointed to miss seeing the front of the castle well.

We booked Tony’s Merriest Party for our family in our MVMCP night On Dec 20th. Under the description it said guests for Tony’s Party could “check in” at 2:00. Does this mean we can get in the park early at 2:00 instead of 4:00? I’m hoping that’s the case, but it sounds too good to be true. Maybe it’s only for people also using a park ticket that day in addition to MVMCP? We are only coming for the party (after a few days at Universal), so that few extra hours would be an awesome perk.

So sounds like we can do Jingle Cruise during the day, so FP for that one booked.

Is it the same way with Tomorrowland Speedway? Are the lights on for most of the day? I figure it'll get dark pretty early. So might want a FP for that one as well.

We booked Tony’s Merriest Party for our family in our MVMCP night On Dec 20th. Under the description it said guests for Tony’s Party could “check in” at 2:00. Does this mean we can get in the park early at 2:00 instead of 4:00? I’m hoping that’s the case, but it sounds too good to be true. Maybe it’s only for people also using a park ticket that day in addition to MVMCP? We are only coming for the party (after a few days at Universal), so that few extra hours would be an awesome perk.
I believe they'll let you check in if you're already in the park, if you're inside with regular day passes. I doubt they would allow you to enter the park early, just because you're attending Tony's Most Merriest.

The rain makes the party a little less fun but it certainly cleared people out for the end of the night!

So far we’ve met: Jack and Sally, Nick and Judy, Aurora and Prince Philip, Snow White and her prince, Scrooge and Donald, Minnie and Daisy, Santa Goofy, Ariel and Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn, Tiana and Naveen, Cinderella and Prince Charming, Elena, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and are in line for Mickey.

glad we watched the first parade because the second was a rain version. Dessert party was nice and we enjoyed the reserved viewing but not something we’ll do again probably. The new firework show seems like it would’ve been much more impressive without the rain.

apparently there was some huge fight during/after the 1at parade. Luckily we missed it completely but lots of security!

Do you have timings for any of the character meets?

I know one of the best ways to meet a lot is to line up before 7 for whoever you can, but I got Tomorrowland Speedway FP for 4-5 and Jingle Cruise for 5-6. Those are the two rides I'd like to get on during the party.

Hmm.

Does anyone know where you can buy the Mickey Light-Up Tree Premium Popcorn Bucket online? If anyone is selling it. Thank you.

DVC members are allowed to enter at 2 pm with a party ticket. I'm assuming that they are starting check-in then, so those DVC members who've also reserved Tony's can check-in right when they enter. Guests with regular park tickets and MVMCP tickets can check in then as well. Entering as early as 2 pm on only a party ticket is reserved for DVC members.

For anyone who has seen the special Christmas popcorn buckets in person - how do they compare in size to the regular size bucket? They seem really small in the pictures.

Best shopping spots for a Mama who wants to do some MVMCP shopping? I for sure want a spirit jersey and want to see what other kind of party exclusive stuff they might have! I'm mapping out stops now as our FP day is next week. Thanks to anyone who knows which spots are best. I hope all the early partiers are having fun!

I watched the new firework show from last night on YouTube, and the castle could barely be seen half the time!! Does anyone know what happened, was it a weather or technical issue? Hope so because I’m going to the party next month and that would be disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter