"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out we're taking a trip to Florida in early December and will be able to go to MVMVP! I haven't had time to read the thread yet, but I looked into booking one of the fireworks parties and they are both showing no availability on Dec 6th. Are they really sold out already? I wanted the terrace party, and wouldn't have been surprised that was sold out, but I was surprised that the garden viewing one was also. Now to go and read through the thread, sorry if this has been addressed and I jumped the gun in asking before reading through, I was just excited to be able to go and wanted to find out and book ASAP lol :-)

I’m going to the party November 18th. My son is extremely scared of fireworks because of the noises. On July 4th we watched the local show from inside our car and he liked it. Is there anywhere in the park to see the fireworks that is farther back or quieter?

I’m going to the party November 18th. My son is extremely scared of fireworks because of the noises. On July 4th we watched the local show from inside our car and he liked it. Is there anywhere in the park to see the fireworks that is farther back or quieter?
No where quiet where you can see them that I can think of. Maybe Crystal Palace or the Plaza if you can get a reservation AND get lucky with a table near a window. But I would say the fireworks are a great time to see Mickey. We went during the fireworks last year and my son got 5 full minutes of Just him and Mickey. It was amazing.

You might want to try from Polynesian on the Beach or make a Dinner reservation at California Grill. You likely won't be able to see any Projections on the Castle, but you will see the Fireworks, and probably a lot less noise.

I just found out we're taking a trip to Florida in early December and will be able to go to MVMVP! I haven't had time to read the thread yet, but I looked into booking one of the fireworks parties and they are both showing no availability on Dec 6th. Are they really sold out already? I wanted the terrace party, and wouldn't have been surprised that was sold out, but I was surprised that the garden viewing one was also. Now to go and read through the thread, sorry if this has been addressed and I jumped the gun in asking before reading through, I was just excited to be able to go and wanted to find out and book ASAP lol :-)
No, the parties are not sold out. Garden view for December dates has actually not yet opened for booking, and terrace view was “removed” in the last few days (for all dates, not just December and not just party nights). Not sure what’s going on, but just keep checking back!

I'm sorry if this has already been answered - if we are in the park before the party starts and going to get the wrists bands from one of the checkpoints - when does that start? 4pm, 6pm, 7pm?
I'm just trying to get us in the correct area at that time. Thank you.

Hi, all.

I need help deciding whether my family should attend a MVMCP this year. We're there from 12/13 - 12/21, and keep going back and forth on the issue.

For context, we are not shy about paying for extra events. We love DAH (have AK booked for 12/14), and love MNSSHP. We've been to WDW during Christmas time a few years, but usually the tail end instead of leading up to the big day, so this is our first real chance to try a party. The truth is, though, we only spend about half a day in MK.

If I pay for the party, I would think it would be our only time in MK for this trip. On the first page of this thread, there are plenty of the rides we want to do and things we want to see listed as open during the party, but on Disney's website, the list of open attractions is far more limited, and would not be enough to keep us entertained for that long. I'm guessing that the list on this thread is based on experience from DISers, but I want to be a little reassured that we'll have plenty to do.

I'm also unclear as to what else happens during the party to make it significant. We won't watch the parade, but would love to see the fireworks. My DH is all in if he can even spot Sandy Claws from a distance, but we typically don't wait in lines to meet characters.

The long and the short of it is, will there be enough rides to keep us busy for the whole time, and which major rides will we miss if we only attend MVMCP and spend no other time in MK? Can anyone confirm which attraction list is more accurate?

TIA :disrocks:
Most, if not all, "major" rides are open during the party. If somethibg is closed you can always catch it from 4-6pm before the park closes to the public.
I think all the special character M&Gs are outdoors so you can get a glance of who ever you want.
I would recommend attending. If you stay till the end the lines are often very short. If you don't watch either parade showing then you will get even more accomplished.
The fireworks are great, there are some really good holiday shows to see and of course there are free treats all night!

Any idea when the treats that are offered will be finalized? DD has an allergy and I'd love to be able to make a plan to manage expectations. Special dining answered last week that they did not have the plans finalized yet. We are going to the first party so I can't watch and see what is offered at earlier parties.

No, the parties are not sold out. Garden view for December dates has actually not yet opened for booking, and terrace view was “removed” in the last few days (for all dates, not just December and not just party nights). Not sure what’s going on, but just keep checking back!

this concerns me because i bought tickets to the tomorrowland dessert party and mvmcp on nov 21st, 2019. i hope that they have not canceled the dessert party.

Umm. It's there. Post #1, very top.
What are the dates for the 2018 MVMCP? ----updated year
November 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22 & 24
December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 & 22

Sorry I had a panic moment cause the 19th is when I want to go. I was looking at the different pricing and the dates listed there instead of the main list. Very sorry!!! 🙏

How many people dress in ugly Christmas sweaters/shirts etc.? I was thinking of getting Christmas Hawaiian shirts for my crew since sweaters might be too hot for early November.

How many people dress in ugly Christmas sweaters/shirts etc.? I was thinking of getting Christmas Hawaiian shirts for my crew since sweaters might be too hot for early November.
We haven’t picked a party yet but that was my plan. I have a light up sweater

I guess this isn't really an answer to your question, but my daughter also does not like the loud noises of the fireworks so we got her some noise reduction earmuffs for like $10 on Amazon and they worked great. Just a thought to try something so you don't have to move so far away you can't really see the entire show.

Hi all, so i went ahead and booked Sunday Dec 8th MVMCP :)

Had already booked fastpasses for our 4 days park tickets, being used Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Monday of course is recovery from the party hangover.

I went to book fastpasses for the 4 pm to 6 pm period of MVMCP day, and was able to, as some have reported being able to do this.

Now, the Thursday is AK day, and have a morning FOP FP. I sure don't want to lose it by the system charging the Sunday as a park ticket day when I swipe for the FP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter