Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Are we doing a HHH meet up for this race weekend? :)

ETA: As I am not a huge SW nerd (I have seen all the movies though) I want to watch them all again before the race. What order should I watch them in? popcorn::

I’m sure someone will talk to you about orders but I’m for the order of release

4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7, Rogue One, 8, Solo

Or you could just not watch any of them and enjoy that 20 hours of your life ... :confused3

ETA: As I am not a huge SW nerd (I have seen all the movies though) I want to watch them all again before the race. What order should I watch them in?
I like the prequels to a point, but here's the order I prefer for a first timer. It preserves the BIG spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it. The order has a variety of names, but I prefer calling it The Flashback Order.

1. A New Hope. Start with the one that launched the whole phenomenon,
2. The Empire Strikes Back. Still going sequentially here.
3. The Phantom Menace. Now that Empire's big reveal is preserved and known, we begin to flashback to how it happened.
4. Attack of the Clones.
5. Revenge of the Sith. Star Wars is often poetic and this shows up in interesting ways here when compared to VI.
6. Return of the Jedi. Now that we've seen how the big reveal became the big reveal, we see how that story continues.
7. The Force Awakens.
8. The Last Jedi.
9. Episode IX.

I also like this order because the ending of Revenge of the Sith fits a lot better if you already know certain things. Musically the end of Revenge of the Sith is designed to work because you already know who those musical cues represent if you've seen at least one or two films in the original trilogy.

Free agents: Rogue One and Solo. Rogue One is designed to literally lead right into A New Hope, but I think it's strengthened when you already know how it fits. Solo can be watched any time as it's a side story that has tangential ties at most to the main saga.

I like the prequels to a point, but here's the order I prefer for a first timer. It preserves the BIG spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it. The order has a variety of names, but I prefer calling it The Flashback Order.

1. A New Hope. Start with the one that launched the whole phenomenon,
2. The Empire Strikes Back. Still going sequentially here.
3. The Phantom Menace. Now that Empire's big reveal is preserved and known, we begin to flashback to how it happened.
4. Attack of the Clones.
5. Revenge of the Sith. Star Wars is often poetic and this shows up in interesting ways here when compared to VI.
6. Return of the Jedi. Now that we've seen how the big reveal became the big reveal, we see how that story continues.
7. The Force Awakens.
8. The Last Jedi.
9. Episode IX.

I also like this order because the ending of Revenge of the Sith fits a lot better if you already know certain things. Musically the end of Revenge of the Sith is designed to work because you already know who those musical cues represent if you've seen at least one or two films in the original trilogy.

Free agents: Rogue One and Solo. Rogue One is designed to literally lead right into A New Hope, but I think it's strengthened when you already know how it fits. Solo can be watched any time as it's a side story that has tangential ties at most to the main saga.

Take out Phantom Menace, and you've got "Machete Order". I'd agree with the order overall; your call on including Ep1.

For someone re-watching, I could see doing internal chronological. (1-3, Solo, Rogue One, 4+)

Take out Phantom Menace, and you've got "Machete Order". I'd agree with the order overall; your call on including Ep1.
I once watched one of those "fan edits" that removed major portions of the story from The Phantom Menace and it was bad. Phantom Menace contains a lot of key points such as the Sith plot, Palpatine's rise to the chancellorship, the Jedi concern over Anakin's age, to name just a few that aren't really covered elsewhere. Plus, the likability of Anakin suffers greatly if you don't know that he was once a nice little boy that cared about people. Honestly, Phantom Menace is far more coherent a story than Attack of the Clones.

As a side note, it can be kind of funny when you watch someone who despises Jar Jar discover that their own offspring loves Jar Jar. Shock does not really begin to describe it.

I understand why some people hate the prequels. I agree that the films have some issues. But the story is still important to the overall saga. And I've seen far worse films in major franchises.

Ok guys, I need you to get me excited! We have cancelled our WDW Marathon trip and decided to run this challenge instead. It will be DD28 and I. She just got promoted to manager of her own Starbucks, so changing stores, plus just moved to a new house and doesn't have time to train for the Marathon. But we didn't want to give up a Disney race completely. We have already done Princess (not a fan) so we thought this was the perfect time to do Star Wars! We have wanted to do this one for a while anyway. But I'm a little bummed about missing marathon weekend so I need you guys to tell me how awesome this race is! :)

I’ll miss you guys at Marathon Weekend! Congratulations to @LikelyLynae on the promotion, though!

Hopefully the medals are different as well based on what side you choose. I really don’t care about a different bib, but the potential medals they can do with these themes could be cool.

Also looking forward to what I assume will
be an R2D2 medal for the virtual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter