OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

Yes, I can see where FD for five mouths might make a tiny bit of difference in the budget. LOL For me, it's just my son and I, so it's not a big deal. I'll take it if they offer it, though. LOL

Off topic a little, it's always interested me about staying off site. Granted, I haven't looked at it a lot, but I've never been able to see that big of a price difference between on site and off when researching. For five people, I can see it. There aren't very many Disney resorts that can accommodate that many. But I see ppl talking about off site all the time. Paying for parking at the parks is an added expense, unless you take some kind of hotel shuttle, I guess. But I don't like that loss of control, even compared to the Disney busing system. Then you add in the "free" perks of being able to attend rope drop and make your fastpass reservations 30 days earlier (can you making dining reservations earlier also?). I must not be seeing something. I know when my sons junior high went on a trip there we stayed off site at some crappy Ramada Inn and had to take buses every where. Kinda sucked. Lost all of the Disney "magic". We still had fun, it just wasn't the same, though.

We are a family of seven and have never stayed off site. Sure we could have stayed in a larger place but we are not people that stay in the parks from open to close. We like taking breaks, sometimes not everyone wants to go the same place, sometimes someone wants to go back to the resort early. Staying on site that is easy which is why we always stay onsite. Now though it doesn't matter, the most we have in our traveling party is 4. Once I have grandkids that might change. When the kids were little we always stayed in the campground which made it super simple.

Come on Disney you have a lot of people waiting for a promo. I booked my vacation and am paying rack rate a promo would help A LOT. Looking for beginning of Oct. Am I wishing too hard?
I wish you luck. But Oct is a hard press, hopefully you can catch the last day and attach your whole trip.

Come on Disney you have a lot of people waiting for a promo. I booked my vacation and am paying rack rate a promo would help A LOT. Looking for beginning of Oct. Am I wishing too hard?

I hate to rain on your parade, but Elsalltheway is correct. The past several years the FD offer has ended at the end of September, has completely skipped over October, is valid just a few days in November, and then a week or so in December from what I'm seeing. They have offered room discounts for October in the past, though. If you really want FD, you might want to consider moving your dates up. If you're going for the Halloween stuff, that begins in mid-August, including MNSSHP, if that helps any.

You (likely) won’t get October but like others said you can try for end of September into the first week of October. That’s what we did this year :) As long as your first day is still in the FD period you’ll get it.

There weren’t any November dates offered when promotion 1/2/19 came out was there? If not was it eventually offered if so when. We normally do September but really wanting November this time

There weren’t any November dates offered when promotion 1/2/19 came out was there? If not was it eventually offered if so when. We normally do September but really wanting November this time
We are in the same situation! We want a trip before the youngest turns 3 inmid-November, but are done with that September heat!

No.
November dates for fd came out in mid July.
So, possible this year, but I don’t think they’ll come out at the beginning of January.

Going second week of June for 10 days. Hoping to get FD or some sort of discount. Got a family of five. but a one year old. Lets hope Disney surprises us!!

Me too!!!:love:
Me too! I was there this past September, but we had decided we weren’t going back. About a week after I got home I got a new job and we decided to go! I should have booked a bounce back just in case and I’m kicking myself now! Keeping my eyes peeled for the drop!

Me too! I was there this past September, but we had decided we weren’t going back. About a week after I got home I got a new job and we decided to go! I should have booked a bounce back just in case and I’m kicking myself now! Keeping my eyes peeled for the drop!

I am at the point now where I will just book a bounceback every time we go. I'd much rather have to cancel than not have a discount for a trip.

We are in the same situation! We want a trip before the youngest turns 3 inmid-November, but are done with that September heat!
So ours turns 3 sept 13....... we normally always go end of september as we have a fall break at school then. I actually trying to convince husband to just go tuesday 9/1 after son gets out of school and come back labor day(we normally stay in park till around 3ish our last day then head back home.....but we would lose a park day as we normally do 7 day BUT we’d save $2000......im having a hard time convincing him, he thinks wed be rushing more and doesnt want to lose the one day and we would lose a few hours park time going to church.......but i dont think all that is worth $2000! Im like with the $2000 we save we can plan another Disney trip 2021 or 22

weve done that twice now.....i think we’ve learned our lesson.....always book bounce back and just cancel later if needed

I’m hoping for free dining the end of September! Trip booked but really need us some free dining!! Fingers crossed and some pixie dust, pixiedust:🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter