Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

I just called the 4240 number. After a 40 minute hold, I was able to purchase 2 tickets for August 17th.
I have a resort reservation with rented DVC points, and all I needed was the resort confirmation number. The CM verified my info, and that was all.
I used the confirmation number they gave me and assigned them on MDE. I'm also having the tickets mailed to me. It was pretty easy; no hang-ups or dropped calls, and just the usual Disney hold music.

Waited 33 minutes on hold and I have tickets for Sept 3! This will be the first time we have done an after hours event. We are super excited and I hope the cha-ching price tag will be worth it 🤑

Got my tickets for August 20th, on Friday. Only had to be on hold for 40 minutes and the cast member was great! We cannot wait for this afterhours event. We are so excited!!!!

I don’t think this logic translates for AHs events. They are already well below capacity. Just making up numbers here, but let’s say MK is at 60% capacity or 60,000 guests. After Hours caps at 6,000. Why would Disney further limit it to 60% of that?? I don’t think they would because they are already so far below their stated capacity limits.

And if we see sold out dates start to become available again, I don’t think that looks very good for Disney. This event is specifically sold as limited availability. They have so far never increased capacity after selling out a date. I also think if they were going to have spots set aside for the general public release, they would have listed 2 buckets, like they do with park reservations. As far as we know, sold out means sold out.

Regarding the buckets of available tickets, we'll see on the 15th. Regarding the capacity analogy, I think you have the inverse of what I proposed. Let's use your numbers to help track what I was saying.... Current circumstance is capacity is at 60% or 60,000 guests and this After Hours caps at 10% capacity or 6,000 guests. If in September capacity increases to 75% or 75,000 guests, then the proportional 10% AH capacity would be 7,500 guests. That is an additional 1,500 tickets to be sold before reaching the newly increased sold out capacity.

Now, I'm not saying that Disney set current capacity limits for future event sales. Using the above example, maybe they have booked the event at the increased 75% and after the 15th we'll know sold out means sold out. I hope this helps better explain possibilities as park circumstances continually evolve.

Do you guys think all this interest for what Disney is actually providing is going to kill off the standard not so scary Halloween party for this???
That's my concern. When we're willing to settle for less, less is what we'll get. I think it depends on whether or not a reduced crowd with a much less costly event makes them more money than huge crowds with pricey offerings.

Maybe this question has been asked but does anyone know what time the tickets will go on sale on June 15th? And will it be online or will you have to call?

Maybe this question has been asked but does anyone know what time the tickets will go on sale on June 15th? And will it be online or will you have to call?
It will be online and over the phone. Phones start at 7 am est. I don’t know about online. Frankly I’d start trying online at 6 am est. However, I’d recommend you be prepared to call and go online should the website crash and the phone lines be jammed.

That's my concern. When we're willing to settle for less, less is what we'll get. I think it depends on whether or not a reduced crowd with a much less costly event makes them more money than huge crowds with pricey offerings.
Agree. The last 2 times we attended MNSSHP, the crowds were ridiculous. I refuse to pay what they are asking for a lesser event.
No judgement, but clearly, there are many willing to pay more for a lesser experience.
They just added 8 more nights, so there is the demand, and non resort guests have not even been able to get a ticket yet.

Agree. The last 2 times we attended MNSSHP, the crowds were ridiculous. I refuse to pay what they are asking for a lesser event.
No judgement, but clearly, there are many willing to pay more for a lesser experience.
They just added 8 more nights, so there is the demand, and non resort guests have not even been able to get a ticket yet.
We stopped doing both the Halloween and Christmas parties several years ago. The crowds were just so bad that you couldn't get anything done. Just navigating through the park was a challenge. And I most definitely will not pay more money for a lesser event that I suspect, while not as bad as the real thing, will be relatively crowded as well. There's just nothing for guests to do at BooBash but get candy and ride the attractions. Even if they cap it at the Villains After Hours levels. the lines will be longer. Clearly, I'm in the minority because people are clamoring to give Disney their money. I'm just tired of Disney-lite at Disney premium prices.

I think it depends on what you think is less? This is not a direct replacement for MNSSHP it is and After Hours event and they typically have low crowds.

I plan to attend in Sept (if we can get into the US from the UK) and this would be an opportunity to be in the MK (my fav park) with low crowds just before the 50th anniversary.

It also offers some Halloween theming, which I enjoy and so it could work out very well for my plans.

If it is excessively busy then I will provide feedback to Disney and choose not to attend in the future.

I came on here to ask the same exact question. I guess I'll be ready at 6am online. I'm nervous!!

Do you guys think all this interest for what Disney is actually providing is going to kill off the standard not so scary Halloween party for this???

Great topic for its own thread. My dh and I were just taking about how we’re accepting less for more since re-opening.

That’s always a possibility. Star Wars Weekends got axed. It was free with admission. Super Soap Weekend got axed. Another free with admission celebration.

I hope they keep MNSSHP in the future! And they offer a party pass like in

I think it depends on what you think is less?

No fireworks, no character meets, no shows, shorter time, higher price. That's my definition of less. The only positive is I don't believe they will be as crowded as MNSSHP, but I sure wouldn't expect to see the near empty parks you get with a regular after hours. Disney has this awful habit of using very similar names for very different events.

No fireworks, no character meets, no shows, shorter time, higher price. That's my definition of less. The only positive is I don't believe they will be as crowded as MNSSHP, but I sure wouldn't expect to see the near empty parks you get with a regular after hours. Disney has this awful habit of using very similar names for very different events.

Feels like you have deliberately omitted most of my post….please don’t quote out of context….that isn’t helpful.

We stopped doing both the Halloween and Christmas parties several years ago. The crowds were just so bad that you couldn't get anything done. Just navigating through the park was a challenge. And I most definitely will not pay more money for a lesser event that I suspect, while not as bad as the real thing, will be relatively crowded as well. There's just nothing for guests to do at BooBash but get candy and ride the attractions. Even if they cap it at the Villains After Hours levels. the lines will be longer. Clearly, I'm in the minority because people are clamoring to give Disney their money. I'm just tired of Disney-lite at Disney premium prices.

Our trip is in December and depending on how crowded the Boo Bash events turn out to be, will determine if we buy "Christmas Bash" (lol) tickets. If it's like the After Hours events of the past, we're all in. If it's MNSSHP crowds... no thanks.

I don't see it as a lesser event. Having lower crowds is why it's worth the extra money. I have done both MNSSHP and DAH and we had a much more enjoyable experience at the AH event. The party was too crowded and we didn't enjoy having to fight through the crowds and stand in long lines... the value wasn't there for us. I will gladly forgo the fireworks, parade and stage show, to have a more relaxed experience.

Now that they just announced fire works coming back for July 4th. I bet they will now have fireworks at the Boo Bash. I think they will have many of the same things come back and release the information as they are brought back to the parks. We got our tickets for ending of October and I can't wait.

Now that they just announced fire works coming back for July 4th. I bet they will now have fireworks at the Boo Bash. I think they will have many of the same things come back and release the information as they are brought back to the parks. We got our tickets for ending of October and I can't wait.
I would think Happily Ever After will be the fireworks offered at each event.

I wouldn’t say Boo Bash is a lesser event. The problem is it keeps getting compared to MNSSHP when in actuality it is an after hours event with aspects of MNSSHP added in. The price point is close to an actual DAH event and the biggest draw to DAH events was the lower crowds and free snacks. This time around you get the lower crowds, free snacks plus you get the trick or treating, cavalcades and characters roaming around so to me you get the best of both worlds and it’s worth the price seeing as it is a combo. I wonder if the people complaining about the price of the length of time of the event have been to a DAH event or if they’ve just done MNSSHP. We’ve done both and love aspects of both but my DH especially likes the lower crowds of the DAH events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter