Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

This was the first after hours event where we actually didn’t ride many rides. We spent a majority of the time watching the calvacades and taking photo pass photos.

We were in MK from 4 pm until 1230 am. When are arrived, a lot of the spirit jerseys were sold out. Such as the pumpkin one, Oogie Boogie and Hocus Pocus. But, they brought out additional stock during the party and we were able to buy all 3!

We only rode Tomorrowland rides. Nothing else. I think the way we do Disney is changing. We have been doing a lot of things differently this trip in general. This is the first trip we haven’t rode 7DMT at all.
I am concerned about our Haunted Mansion photos. When the CM scanned our bands it showed red and I asked if we needed to scan again and he said we are good. Those are the only pictures not showing up for us. We waited quite a bit and we’re so excited for them. :(

This was the first after hours event where we actually didn’t ride many rides. We spent a majority of the time watching the calvacades and taking photo pass photos.

We were in MK from 4 pm until 1230 am. When are arrived, a lot of the spirit jerseys were sold out. Such as the pumpkin one, Oogie Boogie and Hocus Pocus. But, they brought out additional stock during the party and we were able to buy all 3!

We only rode Tomorrowland rides. Nothing else. I think the way we do Disney is changing. We have been doing a lot of things differently this trip in general. This is the first trip we haven’t rode 7DMT at all.
I am concerned about our Haunted Mansion photos. When the CM scanned our bands it showed red and I asked if we needed to scan again and he said we are good. Those are the only pictures not showing up for us. We waited quite a bit and we’re so excited for them. :(

can you show us pics of the jerseys? Also was there anything soecial about the haunted mansion photo?

Waiting for the resort launch now. Fabulous night!!

we entered at 7:20. We rode a few rides and got Casey’s and watched the fireworks from Tomorrowland terrace while we ate.

After fireworks, we walked onto buzz and then Peoplemover. Then it was the official start of the event:

We rode:

Speedway
dumbo
Pooh

Stopped to watch all calvacades and Dans

Splash
Big Thunder
Astro Orbiter
Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
splash again

we didn’t wait for anything! And stopped for plenty of snacks and drinks. Low crowds, only wish the night was a little longer!!

Is it crowded at tomorrowland terrace during the fireworks? It seems like a good spot to watch from and get a bit away from the crowds on main street!

Is it crowded at tomorrowland terrace during the fireworks? It seems like a good spot to watch from and get a bit away from the crowds on main street!

I grabbed this spot just a minute before the show started. All tables in prime castle spots were full, but it was an incredible view of the fireworks and corn dogs nuggets were the cherry on top!

Attachments

• E16A41A0-4F5E-47E9-AD4F-8742B0FB1C70.jpeg
    E16A41A0-4F5E-47E9-AD4F-8742B0FB1C70.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 232
Photopass

by HOP - headless horseman
By Walt statue - castle in the background standard shot and magic shot with a book of spells
By flag- standard pumpkins photo. There is a magic shot, but it hasn’t shown up in my account yet

I didn’t do the one By castle wall or the one at the end of Main Street by hub. Didn’t see any others

did get a lovely photo in the dark by Ariel ride right before park closing.

We had a great time. We found every ride to be a walk on except Mine Train - we waited close to 25 minutes at 1030. We never waited more than a minute or so for snacks and most lines we were able to walk up with no wait. We rode just about everything and felt it was everything that was promised. Our family had a blast!

Was the headless horseman there? Watched some of the livestream, but not all of it. Event seemed a little lame to me, I think they could have done much better.

The crowds REALLY seemed on par with the last after hours event I attended and I’m really happy about that! The “party exclusive snacks” are lame, but I’m super stoked for the freebies more than anything else. Wait times were low and down Main Street at the last showing of the cavalcades, it was completely dead. I’m actually really excited now!

I can’t say yes for WL specifically, but the resort launches were running. We saw them when we were leaving on the ferry to the TTC.

If the pictures don't show up, on the website, under 'My Photos' there's a FAQ, and one of them is about missing pictures, under there there's a number and a Contact form to claim missing photos. Or if you have the time and they're available at any Photopass Location I'm sure they can help!

I don't know why people thought this would be similar to a normal AH event. It's not, people are looking at this as a MNSSHP replacement and given everything we have seen from Disney in terms of recouping lost revenue they will be more than happy to sell more than the usual number of AH tickets.

You guys...I'm so glad we bought Boo Bash tickets!

The ride times looked amazing, the lighting looked amazing, the candy lines were empty, parts of the park seemed empty...yes!!! :D

SAME! We all loved the After Hours events before so this comes as no surprise but I really am excited! It’s a good mix of what we got at a normal After Hours and MNSSHP. Maybe I’m just a glass half full person, idek. 🤣

We debated ordering tickets and then opted out not knowing if we'd cancel our trip or not. Having watched a live stream last night, I think we made the right decision for us. It seemed busier than I thought it would have been and other than being able to get on rides faster, I didn't really see anything "special" to make spending $149, on top of the tickets/hotel costs I already have for that day, worthwhile. I suppose if you're a real Disney fanatic and simply must see Donald in his Halloween costume or if you want to ride BTM 10 times in a row, then maybe it would be worth it to you. At this time of year, it shouldn't be that hard to ride everything you want over the course of your regular visit so I'm good with not needing an 11:00 pm walk-on. I would probably pay $49 or maybe even the $149 if I were local and didn't have expenses already invested in the day.

What was your experience? Was it worth it?

Edit: Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum but I can't figure out how to delete it.

I just read that guests wearing Boo Bash wrist bands were given fast pass ‘privileges’ from 7pm to 930pm - can anyone that was there last night confirm this?
I'm wondering about this too - I read an article last week that claimed this would be the case and was wondering if it actually checked out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter