Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

I just got them to come up. In the meantime, I went in to UT to check prices. I've never bought special event tickets from them before. However, it was only showing me FL resident prices, which I'm not, and that's never happened before. I'm looking at a Dec date. Does UT sell them for non-FL residents, and if so, how much is the ticket? Any savings over Disney? Thanks!
Just looked at plans again, and I'm considering Tues, Nov 30th or Thurs, Dec 2nd. Any ideas which would be less crowded? Thanks again!
Yes, I bought them from UT for the Nov. 30th party and just received them yesterday :) I am not a FL resident and I saved about $20 for 2 tickets by ordering through UT. I also uploaded them to my disney account just fine.
If UT doesn't have the non-FL resident tickets, it might be a possibility that they sold out of those since they most likely have a limited inventory.
As for less crowded, I don't think they will be as crowded as Fridays. If the day doesn't matter for you, having a party on 12221 sounds fun (12/2/21) :D But if you choose the Nov. 30th party, maybe I'll see you there!

Anyone here tonight? At TTC right now and it seems the monorail is closed, everyone being directed to ferry. Resort monorail might be open?

Sorry didn't see this yesterday, but yes there was a malfunction on the monorail. I was stuck on it for a little over an hour. Missed Carousel of Progress because of it. :( Otherwise had an awesome time at the After Hours.

If we are at the Magic Kingdom the day of our party, can we get a wristband early so we don't have to worry about it in the evening. I saw a mention of 3pm or 4pm, but wondering if anyone had first hand experience.

Sounds like a great time!! We go on December 14th, and I was wondering one thing. What happens during the hour the park is closing after Enchantment and until the party starts at 9:00? Are the attractions that are open for the party running during this time? Like, can we ride Big Thunder at 8:30? Thanks for any info in advance!
Yes, and we found that the best time to ride Jingle Cruise. After that, the times seemed long for the rest of the night, though we didn't go down to actually check since we had already ridden it.

If we are at the Magic Kingdom the day of our party, can we get a wristband early so we don't have to worry about it in the evening. I saw a mention of 3pm or 4pm, but wondering if anyone had first hand experience.
We are AP and entered MK around 5 and asked about the bands (with only a party ticket you can’t enter until 7:00).. The CM said we’d need to ask the party CMs who weren’t out yet. We had a dining reservation at 7:15 at Skipper’s Canteen, so we asked at the Tortuga Tavern wristband line if we could get our bands early so we didn’t have to walk to the front or over to Tomorrowland to get our bands when we were finished, and they told us no. The line opened a little before 7:00 and moved very quickly, so we did manage to get them before we were called to eat.

We are AP and entered MK around 5 and asked about the bands (with only a party ticket you can’t enter until 7:00).. The CM said we’d need to ask the party CMs who weren’t out yet. We had a dining reservation at 7:15 at Skipper’s Canteen, so we asked at the Tortuga Tavern wristband line if we could get our bands early so we didn’t have to walk to the front or over to Tomorrowland to get our bands when we were finished, and they told us no. The line opened a little before 7:00 and moved very quickly, so we did manage to get them before we were called to eat.
Ugh really? I want to get a spot for enchantment around 630 and was hoping to get my wrist band before..

Has anyone gone to the party when it's been mid-50s in temperature? How chilly is that? Like, clothing wise? Trying to figure out my party outfit :)
I swear, I constantly forget what warmer weather feels like once it hits winter where I am (Minnesota)

Has anyone gone to the party when it's been mid-50s in temperature? How chilly is that? Like, clothing wise? Trying to figure out my party outfit :)
I swear, I constantly forget what warmer weather feels like once it hits winter where I am (Minnesota)

We are going Tuesday 11/23 and are planning for mid 50s. It will feel warmer than it has been here in the evenings 30s/40s but we are planning to wear pants, tshirts, and sweatshirts. My hunch is that we won't need a heavy coat. Heck my teenager doesn't wear a coat here in the winter most days. :)

We are in Maryland, but I am sure you are better adjusted to the cold than we are.

It depends on the wind. I’m from Ohio so temps in the 50s sound great - like light jacket weather. But I’ve been in Florida plenty of times with temps in the 50s with that breezy north wind, and I wanted a heavier coat, gloves and a knit hat. When to sun goes down it feels cooler too.

I’d recommend taking layers just in case there is a wind, it’s better to be warm and enjoy the party. You can still dress your outfit up with light up necklaces and ears and other fun stuff!

It depends on the wind. I’m from Ohio so temps in the 50s sound great - like light jacket weather. But I’ve been in Florida plenty of times with temps in the 50s with that breezy north wind, and I wanted a heavier coat, gloves and a knit hat. When to sun goes down it feels cooler too.

I’d recommend taking layers just in case there is a wind, it’s better to be warm and enjoy the party. You can still dress your outfit up with light up necklaces and ears and other fun stuff!
I'd probably be in shorts.

All of you members on here have been INCREDIBLY helpful to me in imparting your past and recent experiences, so I wanted to help pay it forward and share ours as well in the hopes it helps others.

We took a quick, no-kids trip to take in the Very Merriest Party and Wine and Food Festival at EPCOT. Did a split stay between GF and Boardwalk Villas, both DVC rentals. Stayed Wednesday through Saturday (on Magical Express Mears bus as I write this).

Arrived early on Wednesday. Lines/checkin for Magical Express did not take long, but waited about 25-30 minutes in line before getting on bus, and another 20 minutes before leaving. Arrived at MCO at approx 1:10 pm, got to hotel just after 3:00 pm. Day was overcast, so spent time around the Monorail resorts and checked out Wilderness Lodge. It has a warm, cozy feeling with all the decorations and lovely tree. Dinner was at Narcoossee’s, and it was EXCELLENT. Highly recommended if that is your thing.

Wanted to go to Saratoga Springs/ Disney Springs the next morning and asked CMs the best way to get there. They said take the monorail from GF to MK, then take a bus to Saratoga Springs. Big mistake! Just take an Uber/Lyft, which we did after waiting more than 45 minutes.

Okay, that throat clearing out of the way, here is our experience getting in to the party. We arrived at 6:30pm, knowing that they typically let people in earlier than the 7:00 entry. Kept waiting, kept waiting…and they finally let us in at 6:55 pm. They put on our wristbands immediately, which made a huge difference (see below).

We made our way to Tomorrowland to do Carousel of Progress (we’re old souls, and saw it wouldn’t be open during the party) but they had already stopped the shows for the day. Too bad. Opted for People Mover (less than 5 min wait) and got a ride stop right next to the EPCOT model. While on the ride, we saw a huge line snaking through Tomorrowland. Not sure what it was. Buzz Lightyear was a 5 minute wait (posted 15). Autopia, 3 minute wait (posted 10). Fireworks started while on ride. While exiting Tomorrowland we asked what the line was for, and they said Very Merriest wristbands. Longest line we saw all night, so try and get them as soon as you get in the park if possible.

Watched 8pm fireworks from Tomorrowland bridge to hub. Then did Barnstormer back to back to back (3x) as they let you stay on it no one is assigned to that row. Did Dumbo (walk on) and then Tea Cups, which was 3 minute wait (timed it bad- could’ve been walk on if 30 seconds earlier). Haunted Mansion was a walk on. By this point (approx 925) the parade was about to begin, so we walked over across from Sleepy Hollow. It gave us a good perspective with the castle in the background, but in hindsight would’ve done it differently. We SHOULD have caught it at the start near Golden Oak/Pecos Bill’s, for this reason: once the parade ends the rides fill up again. For example, once the final float went by us we went to Jingle Cruise. Posted wait was 20, and the actual was just about that. Five minutes after we got in line, wait time jumped to 45 minutes, then 50 by the time we were off. So, if not picky about being on Main Street or near castle, try and catch the parade closer to the start of the route. (ALSO: Watch the first parade if you can. Due to rain, the second parade was apparently a cavalcade. I heard this happened to an earlier party as well. Point being, the first parade may be your only chance.)

Pirates was a walk-on after Jingle Cruise. It was fireworks time by now (close to 11:15) so we made our way near the hub to see the projections. The rain was coming down pretty good but they did the full show. After the fireworks we walked on to Monster’s Laugh show (with Christmas overlay) and that was fun (it was a good break from the rain).

At this point it was a bit after midnight and had less than an hour. Made our way to Big Thunder and it was walk on; no one was in our row when we returned to the queue so they let us stay on for a back to back ride. Splash was walk on but I am a ride wimp, so went over to Peter Pan. Rode it 3x, back to back to back, as they just had us get off and immediately converged to the boarding entrance. Walked over to Seven Dwarves at 12:59, and off the ride at 1:13 am.

General pointers:
1) We felt we did everything we wanted (except COP) and never had to made any sacrifices (eg parades vs rides) as we were able to accommodate everything.
2) Hot chocolate and cookies were very plentiful, and they gave more if asked. They had gluten free and vegan options as well.
3) The popcorn/drink snack carts weren’t as obvious as the hot chocolate/cookie locales, but still very good.
4) IF YOU CAN SWING IT- staying at a monorail resort can lessen headaches after the party. I didn’t see the bus depot station but there was a huge line for the TTC monorail at 1:30 am.
5) Many of the normal shops and food places close at 8pm, and everything closes promptly at 1am. So, if you really want to hit the main shops on Main Street, have to factor that into your time.

I am from upstate NY and didn't think about how cool mid-50s would feel when there was a breeze and no sun. Fortunately, I did have a long-sleeved shirt with me. We were comfortable in long pants and either long-sleeve Ts or light jackets over short-sleeve Ts. I wore my sandals, and my feet were a little chilly but not bad enough that I regretted the decision. We saw plenty of people in shorts and tanks that didn't look miserable, but I would have been.

Anyone know how to contact guest services or whomever about last night’s party? It was absolutely terrible! The guest services line was overflowing to Main St when we were leaving so apparently we aren’t the only ones who thought so.

I am from upstate NY and didn't think about how cool mid-50s would feel when there was a breeze and no sun. Fortunately, I did have a long-sleeved shirt with me. We were comfortable in long pants and either long-sleeve Ts or light jackets over short-sleeve Ts. I wore my sandals, and my feet were a little chilly but not bad enough that I regretted the decision. We saw plenty of people in shorts and tanks that didn't look miserable, but I would have been.
I think the higher humidity makes it feel cooler as well. When it's in the 40s and 50s it seems like the cold penetrates through layers of clothing more than it does in places with lower humidity.

Anyone know how to contact guest services or whomever about last night’s party? It was absolutely terrible! The guest services line was overflowing to Main St when we were leaving so apparently we aren’t the only ones who thought so.
What were the problems?

What were the problems?
Was absolutely oversold & crowded. We encountered many overwhelmed and downright rude cast members. There was no parade or snow when we were there. We also didn’t see any of the character sightings in any of the locations they were supposed to be. We couldn’t find popcorn, ice cream or drinks at any but one location. We went to 3 different locations that all were out of popcorn and/or drinks and/or were closed. One of these was as early as 10pm! We have attended many events including this year’s boo bash so we are familiar with what to expect. It was awful.

Was absolutely oversold & crowded. We encountered many overwhelmed and downright rude cast members. There was no parade or snow when we were there. We also didn’t see any of the character sightings in any of the locations they were supposed to be. We couldn’t find popcorn, ice cream or drinks at any but one location. We went to 3 different locations that all were out of popcorn and/or drinks and/or were closed. One of these was as early as 10pm! We have attended many events including this year’s boo bash so we are familiar with what to expect. It was awful.

I agree.
I knew going in to not expect it to be like the After Hours in the past. But I still did not expect what I encountered last night. There were low ride wait times for some rides and extremely high for others....I think it had to do with the rain?
There wasn't entertainment to take people away from the rides...the stage show I watched ended abruptly after just a few minutes. Left and went to Peter Pan but it had 45 minute wait.
There were huge lines for food all night - waited 20 minutes past my alert that mobile ordered food was ready at Casey's.
They ran out of bottled water at the cart locations closest to the castle, and all those lines for popcorn/coke/ice cream were long, but admittedly went quick at some locations.

The Reindeer Wranglers just simply didn't show up for their first scheduled performance and nobody came out to inform or explain what was going on.

It looked like the first parade went, we should have watched it knowing the weather could get bad....

The fireworks were amazing and so glad they could still do them...it was like the rain cleared for just those 20 minutes or so!

And why in the world are they piping in the DJ microphone all over Tomorrowland? It was really jarring and mood killing to hear him screaming "look at you really going for it tonight, wow you've got moves!" etc. over and over again even by the teacups! How about Christmas music or literally anything else?

The worst for me by far was just the sheer amount of people everywhere.

We have two more party nights...Sunday and Tuesday....I'm very concerned about the crowds and wish we hadn't invested in the pre purchasing. But I will look forward to the chance to hopefully see the parade next time...and again, I loved the fireworks.

Thank you all so much for your help and information!! I knew you guys wouldn't think it silly for worrying about what kind of outfit to wear :)

We are going Tuesday 11/23 and are planning for mid 50s. It will feel warmer than it has been here in the evenings 30s/40s but we are planning to wear pants, tshirts, and sweatshirts. My hunch is that we won't need a heavy coat. Heck my teenager doesn't wear a coat here in the winter most days. :)

We are in Maryland, but I am sure you are better adjusted to the cold than we are.
Ah okay. I've been debating buying these really cute leggings so that makes me happy I can get them :D I definitely can handle cold better than heat. I'm a bit sad it's forecasted to be mid 70's when I'm going cause I was wanting to wear my Frozen the Musical spirit jersey lol

Ah okay, yes, I'll definitely be sure to make sure I have some layers.

Hmm, I would love to be able to wear my Lunar New Year spirit jersey then :D Or a t-shirt with my Disneyland zip-up :)

I think the higher humidity makes it feel cooler as well. When it's in the 40s and 50s it seems like the cold penetrates through layers of clothing more than it does in places with lower humidity.
Ah, that would make sense. I remember going in late January and the wind wasn't helpful with keeping warm. Granted, there was also rain all day. I'll definitely bring my Lunar New Year spirit jersey then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter