Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Even leaving for our whole trip the Sunday before, the weather looked so good we didn't bother to bring rain jackets. The ponchos were for a literal emergency. We got unlucky. I do kind of wish if they are going to cancel that much stuff, they give you a partial refund or a small Disney gift card or something. A friend told me if you talk to guest services night of, and they're in a good mood, and you do a little sweet talk you might be able to get a full refund or tickets for a different night (which doesn't always help if you're not from FLA)
I agree that if the stage show, fireworks, or parade (or any combination) gets cancelled Disney should do something for the guests. They don't have to but it makes Disney sense to do something especially if the night is basically a washout. My daughter and her husband did boo bash a few months ago and it rained hard for most of the night. They were sent 2 tickets to their account to visit MK. Expires in a year. They knew full refunds were being given out that night at Guest services but the line was really long and they didn't want to wait. I joked with them that they still got a limited boo bash night in and also two MK tickets so they shouldn't complain. Based on what they went through that night it still wasn't worth it they said.

Does anyone had a suggested 'touring plan'? Planning to be at the entrance gate by 6:30 to enter at 7. Only MK day.

Are all the MK Quick Service restaurants open until 8pm? It seems like rather than have dinner at the hotel, it would be more efficient to get into the MK, get a wristband, and have some Columbia Harbor House dinner before they switch to cookies-only service?

I was already in the park prior to the party. I am doing the fireworks dessert party. I was able to check into the dessert party, eat, then go get my wrist band accross the pathway from Tomorrowland terrace around 6:50 and then go to the fireworks reserved spot.

So...fun times. Our weekend December trip will need to get moved one weekend early due to an unforeseen circumstance. I already have purchased the AH tickets -- does anyone know if there any way Disney will allow us to move our tickets from December 17th to December 10th?

So...fun times. Our weekend December trip will need to get moved one weekend early due to an unforeseen circumstance. I already have purchased the AH tickets -- does anyone know if there any way Disney will allow us to move our tickets from December 17th to December 10th?

The AH tickets? As long as there is availability on the night you want to move to, yes. I moved ours from the 12th to the 14th. I just had to call and sit on hold for a couple hours, then get transferred to a ticketing rep and wait two hours for a call back. lol

Now if you mean park tickets, I would assume you could move those too through the same process.

The AH tickets? As long as there is availability on the night you want to move to, yes. I moved ours from the 12th to the 14th. I just had to call and sit on hold for a couple hours, then get transferred to a ticketing rep and wait two hours for a call back. lol

Now if you mean park tickets, I would assume you could move those too through the same process.
Thank you! Yes, I meant the AH tickets. We have AP's so I just booked our park reservations for the 11th and 12th. Checked availability and there are still AH tickets available on the 10th so I will call and ask if they can change our date ASAP.

Watched enchantment from the dessert part reserved area

made a bee line for mansion. Walked on mansion, pirates and thunder. Grabbed a cookie and hot chocolate. Walked all the way to club tinsel. Danced with stitch. Mobile ordered Casey's. Grabbed some food and found a spot for the parade In from of the caste behind a lady in a scooter (no blocked view lol).. immediately following parade made a bee line for directly in from of the castle. It's 10:17 and now I am chilling directly in from of the castle waiting for the stage show and fireworks!

people line up for those free snacks and the lines get long right away. I'm hoping to go find some after fireworks with less wait..

It's a little rainy. Off and on. They canceled the first stage show. Hoping it stays away here as we get ready for the next one!

Alright here is my party synopsis:

I was already in the park. Got wrist band in tomorrow land around 6:50. I did an enchantment dessert party.
After enchantment I headed straight for mansion and I rode mansion, pirates and thunder all walk on.

I headed to tomorrow land and danced with stitch.

It was then parade time. Found a spot easily. Watched parade by castle then immediately went up and got spot for stage show and fireworks. In between stage show and fireworks I was easily able to go grab free treats and come back.

the entertainment was worth the cost alone. It was great.

After fireworks I went to SDMT- waited about 15 mins. Then Peter Pan. Peter Pan would have been 10 mins but it went down for about 10 mins.

by then it was 12:40- bee lines to thunder mountain- walk on got to choose my seat.

then at 12:52 I got on splash for last ride of the night.

I had an amazing time and would do it again. It did rain tonight. They canceled the first stage show. The second one went on. Not sure after that.

the only con I can name is that the buses from movies is taking a long time. It's 1:40 and no bus.

Just got back from 6 days at Disney and 5 days at Universal. We did the Merriest After Party at MK on Friday November 19th. We only lasted one hour there. Spent over a a grand and got a hot cocoa and a cookie. It was cold and wet. Parades were cancelled. Cast Member told us there won't be any fireworks or shows so we left after one hour. We were in the park all day that day so it was what it was. Got to the hotel and then saw they did have the shows and the fireworks. It was a miserable night for us. They would not allow us to keep the baby stroller under any cover and we were getting drenched even with our rain gear. Baby was soaked and cold so we had to leave since we could not find any dry areas that cast members would allow. We got kicked out of everywhere we tried. Didn't ride any rides. Waste of money for us.

Just got back from 6 days at Disney and 5 days at Universal. We did the Merriest After Party at MK on Friday November 19th. We only lasted one hour there. Spent over a a grand and got a hot cocoa and a cookie. It was cold and wet. Parades were cancelled. Cast Member told us there won't be any fireworks or shows so we left after one hour. We were in the park all day that day so it was what it was. Got to the hotel and then saw they did have the shows and the fireworks. It was a miserable night for us. They would not allow us to keep the baby stroller under any cover and we were getting drenched even with our rain gear. Baby was soaked and cold so we had to leave since we could not find any dry areas that cast members would allow. We got kicked out of everywhere we tried. Didn't ride any rides. Waste of money for us.
You need to email guest relations. They say no refunds but when weather is really bad sometimes they offer single day park tickets or some other compensation (not refunds though).

You need to email guest relations. They say no refunds but when weather is really bad sometimes they offer single day park tickets or some other compensation (not refunds though).

I did email them. I chatted with someone via their chat and they informed me to email them. We are coming back in early June but not sure what they can do. The don't control the weather. I just wish there were a place to be dry and keep the stroller dry. If it wasn't for the baby, we would have stuck it out a bit. We were so sick of the rain at that point. Rained almost every night that week. Epcot was tolerable during the rain because we found plenty of cover.

Question, I have tickets for me and my girlfriend For the Dec 3rd party. This is part of a birthday suprise for her so she doesnt have any idea we are going. I have both tickets showing in my MDE account, one in my name and one in hers. She doesnt have an MDE account or even the app on her phone. How are the tickets being checked when you enter the park? Since I have both of them on my MDE is that good enough or will she need some ID to prove she matches the name on the ticket, or does she have to have an MDE account?

Question, I have tickets for me and my girlfriend For the Dec 3rd party. This is part of a birthday suprise for her so she doesnt have any idea we are going. I have both tickets showing in my MDE account, one in my name and one in hers. She doesnt have an MDE account or even the app on her phone. How are the tickets being checked when you enter the park? Since I have both of them on my MDE is that good enough or will she need some ID to prove she matches the name on the ticket, or does she have to have an MDE account?
She should have the app for general park purposes. But I had my partner and I's tickets showing in my MDE app but because each ticket was tied to each of us, when we each scanned our MagicBand we had no issue.

TL;DR -she should make a MDE that will tie to a magic band or a park card when she scans for entry.

She should have the app for general park purposes. But I had my partner and I's tickets showing in my MDE app but because each ticket was tied to each of us, when we each scanned our MagicBand we had no issue.

TL;DR -she should make a MDE that will tie to a magic band or a park card when she scans for entry.

We are only going to be in the parks for the party. We wont be using a magic band or park card.

We are only going to be in the parks for the party. We wont be using a magic band or park card.
Can you set them up in your wallet. We set up our ticket media, either tickets or annual passes, in Apple wallet. You just go to it and hold your phone next to the tapstile/reader. You can do it for everyone that is linked in your MDE account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter