• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

can't remember if the Stay n Scream areas open as early as 3:30, but I know they are open by 4pm.
Tent house area near Central Park u can enter at least by 4 pm

However, they direct u to One of two lines, depending on which house

They also hold you in that area where u watch the water show…cement, no trees & hot

Until they decide to let u move onto main wait area

The other one near finnegans does have shade, little to no seating

We've never done HHN before.
We bought the rush of fear tickets. We will be at Aventure 8/2-9/10.

Not planning to do opening night as I hear it's usually crazy but thought maybe we'd get on Hagrid's at park close, then head over maybe 10 PM just to wander a little and see what it's like. Is that okay? They'd let us in right?

Also you need to be in a stay and scream holding area by 5 or they kick you out right? Just hoping to understand. We really aren't planning on doing much beside the parties. We will sleep in and get some pool time then head over for HHN. So can we get there at say 4 and be let in then make our way to a holding area by 5?

Yes, by 5 pm. you are gently, then more forcefully herded out, or you get into a holding area. They set up the holding areas at least by around 4pm or so, and people enter them that early. I’ve only done the Simpsons area holding pens, I entered around 5, to meet up with a friend that was already in there. I like having a seat in the shade to wait.

I’ve also done the walk out, as I find it much easier to walk over to IOA then risk the huge train line, I see by 3:45 or so, as there are many having to leave the park just before the 5 pm close. CityWalk gets jammed near the Studios by around 3:30 pm, as masses of crowds come from the parking garages and boats to either get into the park to stay early, or wait outside the gates.

After watching the crowds gather outside the gates waiting until 6 pm when they open, I would certainly take advantage of a holding area, if you can, even if you just want to wander around HHN. Either that, or wait until the initial crowds enter, before entering the park.

Friday through Sunday are the most crowded, usually. You can tell how many they expect based on the dollar value of the ticket. The higher the price, the busier they think it will be.

We've never done HHN before.
We bought the rush of fear tickets. We will be at Aventure 8/2-9/10.

Not planning to do opening night as I hear it's usually crazy but thought maybe we'd get on Hagrid's at park close, then head over maybe 10 PM just to wander a little and see what it's like. Is that okay? They'd let us in right?

Also you need to be in a stay and scream holding area by 5 or they kick you out right? Just hoping to understand. We really aren't planning on doing much beside the parties. We will sleep in and get some pool time then head over for HHN. So can we get there at say 4 and be let in then make our way to a holding area by 5?
Yes you can pop over after leaving IoA. There’s 10 houses spread around the park plus 5 scare zones. There’s a stage show in the fear factor stadium plus a lagoon show. There are food booths and bars around the park too. Some of the rides are open. The Diagon Alley area is open but not themed for HHN. The Tribute store by the Mummy ride is always super cool to look around and buy some HHN merch.

The universal app will have a map and wait times for houses and shows.

I was looking for park closing time everywhere. All I found was usually closes at 1 p.m. in Sept. and 2 p.m. in October. Can anyone confirm?

So if we have annual passes and we're staying at Royal Pacific, how early should we get to the studios to avoid lines to get in? I'm confused? :rotfl:

"Gates open at 6:30pm on select nights. Dates and times subject to change."

I wonder if its a mistake - I'd be surprised they stayed open till 2AM on a Wednesday night - but its great if they do
Okay, thanks to you all. I thought I clicked everywhere to find the times but didn't go far enough. It looks like it will be 2 a.m. I hope so, will need all the time to get every house and show done. We did get early admission. So I know we get corralled at 5 p.m. but when do they let us go to the houses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter