"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, gma is taking her gkids for her dream vacation to WDW. She thought she'd pass on the party, but has now changed her mind. A couple questions -- is there any chance that same day tickets could be available? Other question -- does anyone know if Shades of Green might have their own inventory of tickets? Just grasping at straws I realize, but I have to try for her.

Thanks,
Brenda

So, gma is taking her gkids for her dream vacation to WDW. She thought she'd pass on the party, but has now changed her mind. A couple questions -- is there any chance that same day tickets could be available? Other question -- does anyone know if Shades of Green might have their own inventory of tickets? Just grasping at straws I realize, but I have to try for her.

Thanks,
Brenda
I believe you’re asking about the Christmas party? Just a heads up that you’ve posted your question on the Halloween party thread from earlier this year.

Day-of tickets are not normally available in 2022 but you can ask. It’s really only been reported that they’re available when the parks were affected by hurricanes earlier this year

Nobody has reported Shades of Green having a separate pool of tickets so again, you may ask but I would not get my hopes up.

Shades of Green does have its own ticket sales for both the Halloween and Christmas parties (We bought from them a few times for the Halloween party). I'd give them a call and ask. It doesn't look as if they've updated their "sold-out" dates since June 2022, so could go either way with availability.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/appli...3/2022_Mickeys_Very_Merry_Christmas_Party.pdf

In years past, I believe eligible military members were able to buy at the gate on party day, but I'm not sure if that's still the case with all the ticket changes and capacity restrictions in recent times. Can't hurt to try though if Shades of Green is out. Good luck!

Thanks,
Brenda

In years past, I believe eligible military members were able to buy at the gate on party day, but I'm not sure if that's still the case with all the ticket changes and capacity restrictions in recent times. Can't hurt to try though if Shades of Green is out. Good luck!

I asked. They did away with it for 2022.

Can anyone who attended on 9/2, the Friday before Labor Day, speak to the crowds? I see it sold out in early August, but a sell out doesn't always feel like a sell out, if that makes sense. I'm thinking about a Labor Day trip next year. (And now I'm off to search the thread for those posts.)

Can anyone who attended on 9/2, the Friday before Labor Day, speak to the crowds? I see it sold out in early August, but a sell out doesn't always feel like a sell out, if that makes sense. I'm thinking about a Labor Day trip next year. (And now I'm off to search the thread for those posts.)
My family of 5 attended the party on 9/2. It started raining around 4 that day and we made it to the park while it was pouring down raining a little after 4. Even though it was sold out, we didn’t feel like it was that crowded. This was our 3rd party and it only felt a little more crowded than the last time we went Labor Day weekend of 2018.

It also depends on what you prioritize. We used to live in Tampa so we’ve met pretty much all of the characters at some point. My kids wanted to prioritize the rides instead. We stopped and ate before we did anything. We were able to ride the People Mover twice, Buzz once, the Haunted Mansion twice, Splash Mountain once, Space Mountain once, Thunder Mountain twice, the Mine Train twice, and the Barnstormer. We watched the fireworks while on the People Mover and got glimpses of the second parade as we walked from one side of the park to the other. (The first parade was canceled that night as it was lightening)

We also held off on trick or treating until the end of the night when they just start dumping candy in your bag to get rid of it. We did have a little bit of a wait for the rides at the beginning of the party but during and after the fireworks, the lines down so much. The longest we waited was for Space Mountain and that was about 20 minutes. After the fireworks, we were able to walk right onto the Mine Train, Haunted Mansion, the Barnstormer, and Thunder Mountain. We trick or treated right up until midnight and we walked out while the last Sanderson sisters stage show was taking place.

We’re used to random storms that can last 5 minutes or last a few hours since we lived in Florida for several years so the rain didn’t bother us at all. It was definitely worth it to go.

We also went to Disney Springs on 9/1 and 9/3 and the crowds weren’t bad there at all either.

We went to a sold out party in August. Crowds were only big prior to the start of the party. Mine train had a line but that was earlier in the evening. We didn't make it to park close.

We went on 8/19 and it was very busy at the beginning. Crowds definitely thinned out after the fireworks, as they usually do. Even though it was busy the only long line was for 7DMT. We do not do character meet and greets, so I cannot speak to that. It was a sold out Friday night party. It was a lot of fun!

We also attended that party. The most difficult part was dealing with the storms. Longest wait we had was to enter the park around 5:30 pm after the first round of storms passed. We started the night with Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder/Spash mountain all with about 15-30 min waits. Later we waited about 30 min for mine train before the fireworks and walked onto to Peter Pan immediately after the fireworks.

It did feel relatively crowded compared to magic kingdom days that same week before the halloween parties (including labor day itself) when the park was super empty, but nothing like the crowds we have seen recently between Christmas and New Years.

Hi all- we haven’t attended MNSSHP in about a decade so we’re like newbies again. When do y’all think they will announce dates for this year and how bad will mid-October be for crowds?

Hi all- we haven’t attended MNSSHP in about a decade so we’re like newbies again. When do y’all think they will announce dates for this year and how bad will mid-October be for crowds?

If it's like last year, first week of May.

Crowds are usually busy in Mid-October, but last year every single party sold out, so in theory all parties had the same crowd level.

I’ve been doing MNSSHP since 2016 except for Boo Bash I finally got to take my son to last years and the circle is complete. However I think this year or two we’ll take a break to refresh ourselves. I think a Halloween cruise this year is n order!

I just found this thread because I booked our trip today and i'm so excited. We will be there in early september and I'll be waiting to book our party tickets. My question is how do you pick a day when park hours aren't out. What is the best strategy here if any? Thanks so much. We took a trip in 2021 but stayed offsite so I am super excited about this one and first ever MNSSHP for us. Thanks for any info

If it's like last year, first week of May.

Crowds are usually busy in Mid-October, but last year every single party sold out, so in theory all parties had the same crowd level.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to book our flight and hotel sooner than later but I guess I will wait until May.

I just found this thread because I booked our trip today and i'm so excited. We will be there in early september and I'll be waiting to book our party tickets. My question is how do you pick a day when park hours aren't out. What is the best strategy here if any? Thanks so much. We took a trip in 2021 but stayed offsite so I am super excited about this one and first ever MNSSHP for us. Thanks for any info
How exciting! The 2023 MNSSHP thread will be posted once more info comes out. @monique5 will probably start it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter