"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

I scanned pg 1, but can't find if this information is posted there. What time to restaurants that become treat stations stop serving food?

@monique5 This thread is soooooo helpful. Thanks for setting it up every year. :thanks:

Our party is tonight but I'm wondering what will happen with the hurricane coming. Does anyone remember how Disney handled previous MNSSHP's on a night with a tropical storm or hurricane? Their website just says they're closely monitoring the situation (and it hasn't been updated since last night). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/weather-updates/

Generally unless the weather gets very bad, the party will go on but some events like the stage shows and parade could get modified, delayed, or even canceled. Their policy states that they are a rain or shine event and they typically do not cancel or offer rain checks, however, I have seen some instances where guests have been able to get refunds or reschedule to a different party date at guest services. YMMV on that.

They did cancel a party last year during a hurricane, but it was much worse than what this storm is projected to hit at.

Our party is tonight but I'm wondering what will happen with the hurricane coming. Does anyone remember how Disney handled previous MNSSHP's on a night with a tropical storm or hurricane? Their website just says they're closely monitoring the situation (and it hasn't been updated since last night). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/weather-updates/
We went to an MNSSHP in August 2021 that was a total washout. No parade; closed outdoor attractions until 11:00pm. We were able to get fully refunded when I went to City Hall the next day. Took about 5 minutes.

I don't remember exactly when but there was a tropical depression that went over Orlando a couple few years ago. It was wet, there was only one parade and fireworks were almost an hour delayed.

Building on the question above, do they restrict lining up for the popcorn bucket? When we went to get the haunted mansion protrait tarts (loved them) the CM would not let anyone line up until 7 pm.

I see a line for the popcorn bucket whenever bloggers walk by they don’t share what time it is.

Turns out my husband and all my kids have commitments on my late Sept birthday. I just saw where MNSSHP still had tickets available. Considering treating myself and going solo - anyone done this? Thoughts?

All of the stuff we want to do is after the party starts, so we don't want to get there too early. But we definitely want to ride Tron and don't want to chance not getting a BG.

Any idea what the latest ILL for purchase on party days is?

Turns out my husband and all my kids have commitments on my late Sept birthday. I just saw where MNSSHP still had tickets available. Considering treating myself and going solo - anyone done this? Thoughts?
I will be going solo on 9/19..

Any friends or extended family that could join? It would be nice have someone share your joy and celebrate with you; but if you do decide to go, treat yourself to the spa at the Four Seasons (sometimes it’s nice to have some peace and quiet).

I’m a solo traveler!

Last year I was supposed to go with a friend to the party. I didn’t originally plan to spend the money but my friend really wanted to go so I bought tickets. She ended up not being able to go last minute so I went solo- and I had a blast! The environment was just so fun. I didn’t arrive until close to the party start time so I walked right into MK with no line. I did rides until the late parade, hit some candy trails around that time and later. Meant to catch the midnight Sanderson sisters show but I was too tired.

Personally, I would go! Have yourself a mini adventure for your bday, then celebrate with your loved ones when they get a chance! It’s like 2 Birthdays 😜

Last edited:
Building on the question above, do they restrict lining up for the popcorn bucket? When we went to get the haunted mansion protrait tarts (loved them) the CM would not let anyone line up until 7 pm.

I see a line for the popcorn bucket whenever bloggers walk by they don’t share what time it is.

I've seen a vlog where the line was massive at the start of the party at one booth for the bucket. But a bit later on in the night in another booth that sells the bucket had about 5 people in the line. I think people go a bit crazy at the start and then it settles down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter