"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Can anyone who has gone to the party, tell us what kind of candy they are giving out? I know M&Ms but what else?

Thanks!

Can anyone who has gone to the party, tell us what kind of candy they are giving out? I know M&Ms but what else?

Thanks!
I can confirm the good stuff: Milky Way, Milky Way Simply Caramel, Snickers, M&Ms (in many varieties), Starbursts, and Twix. I left the rest behind at the resort. ::blush::

Wait times were below what was stated. Example: SDMT said 25 and it must have been 15. I did find it extremely annoying LL was available. We, along with many other groups, left the HM line because the LL kept building and we were not moving. Yes. I expected a line for that ride. The LL made it unbearable. I don’t know if I’ll go again when LL during a party is an option.
We used DAS. We waited outside of the line the same amount as those in the line less 5 minutes and then entered the LL. I am sorry you find it annoying that this accommodation was provided to our child.

Last edited:

We used DAS. We waited outside of the line the same amount as those in the line less 5 minutes and then entered the LL. I am sorry you find it annoying that this accommodation was provided to our child.
I never said I was annoyed people use DAS did I? Quit projecting your impressions onto other people. Being a teacher with many special needs students, I find your comment offensive.

When groups of people fill up the HM LL to about half of the first chunk outside, I find THAT annoying. I find it hard to believe there were that many groups that would use that. We were not the only ones leaving the line. Other lines where families would go through the LL, I get. Not crowds.

@teacher31 & @asc I would keep it civil. You can get banned for 10 days for saying something, getting off topic and making a personal attack (even if foul language is not used; guess how I know).

We’re all just sharing thoughts and trying to be helpful. There is an ‘ignore’ button you can use if you find someone’s comments offensive.

Last edited:
Thanks. I like the ignore feature. Anywho. Since ILL and G+ are not available during the party, one can deduce who is using that line. I'm sorry people get annoyed with its use during the party for any reason. Oh well. Carry on.

For anyone who is concerned - we missed the 9/1 party due to illness (sore throat, fever, but we couldn't get a covid test so who knows). Called ticketing and was told just to stay home and rest, call them when we picked another special event we'd like to attend. I called last night, and they were happy to swap the tickets for another (not sold out) party night. In theory, I could have waiting and swapped for next year, but I think we all know I don't have the self-restraint for that. :P

Any issues with boat rides after the party? Do the boats run late? We are staying at WL and was hoping to avoid bus after waiting 90 minutes last year for a Yacht Club bus.

Any issues with boat rides after the party? Do the boats run late? We are staying at WL and was hoping to avoid bus after waiting 90 minutes last year for a Yacht Club bus.
I believe only NYE 360 fireworks result in the boats being shut down for half a hour (thought it was longer) before and after. Other than that, lightening/thunderstorms can shut them down as well, otherwise it’s like any other day.

Per plandisney (may not be 100% accurate) 45 mins after party ends

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...-running-mickeys-notsoscary-halloween-546972/

https://ropedrop.net/2022/12/remind...alkway-unavailable-around-fireworks-time/amp/

Last edited:
We went to the 9/4 party. We had park reservations, Halloween Party tickets, an ADR at Tony's restaurant, Dessert Party tickets and a purchased ILL for Tron at 5:30PM. We took the bus from Old Key West. We arrived around 5:15PM.

The beginning was a little chaotic and unsure if we got incorrect information from a newer CM. We were walking past a very large group waiting to enter the park, this group was the guests who only had Halloween Party tickets and were waiting in line to get into the park. We walked around them since we had park reservations and there were shorter lines closer to the monorail area on the left for people with park reservations. As we were walking towards that area a CM blocked us and told us we couldn't go over to that area. We let him know that we had park reservations and again was told we couldn't go over to the area. Although there were other people going over to that area and being allowed in. We waited in the large group for about 10 minutes and saw another CM and asked if we were supposed to be in this group since we had park reservations. This CM said we could go over to the other area and we scanned into the park immediately.

After we scanned in we asked about getting wristbands and were told we needed to be in the other line with that large group to get them and that we could get them later. We walked over to Tron and was very surprised how dead it was. If you are wanting to walk right onto Tron whether purchasing an ILL or Virtual Queue this was the time to do it. We got over to Tron around 5:40PM and it was a complete walk on. Super easy, quick. There was no virtual queue group waiting either. I'm assuming it was so dead because the regular guests had to leave by 6PM.

After Tron we started back to the front of the Park to make our ADR at Tony's. After reading on the board about getting the wrists bands near Tomorrowland Terrace area we saw the sign to get wrists bands but there were not CM's there to hand them out. We only saw a line for people to get pic's near the Stitch area. We saw a large group of CM's on the other side of the street and walked over to ask about getting wrist bands and we were told to go back out to the front of the park to get them as the Tomorrowland area to get wrist bands were not opened yet. We couldn't wait as we had an ADR at Tony's so we headed to dinner.

We have never eaten at Tony's and had read a lot of negative reviews. I can say for us it was lovely. Very good food and great service. A CM came by while we were eating to ask if we were going to the party. We said yes and he said to make sure to get our wrist bands and told us we'd have to exit the park and enter the park again and then we'd get our wrist bands. We thought that was odd but ok.

After eating it was around 7PM and we walked to a CM directing traffic near the front of the park to ask about exiting and entering the park to get wrist bands. He said we wouldn't do that as that makes no sense and to go to the Tomorrowland area to get wrists bands. We were stopped three or four times on our way there by CM's checking why we didn't have wrist bands and politely explained we've been trying to get them since we entered the park at 5:30PM. LOL.

We made it back over to Tomorrowland area and saw the same sign about wrist bands and this time there were CM's handing them out after they scanned your magic band. There was no line and we got our wristbands and our trick or treat bags.

We saw long lines for meet and greets and the specialty food items. We decided to wait until 8:30-9PM to try the specialty food. We aren't character meet and greet people so that wasn't a priority. The longest line we encountered for specialty food was in Cosmic Rays. We got unlucky and the people in front of us ordered over $300 in food. I have no idea how many people were in their group but I have never seen so many drinks on a tray before. All we wanted to try was the Zombie Fingers which were were fantastic. You couldn't really taste the Almond but the key lime was awesome. Also tried the Sally Cake Pop and it was wonderful.

We checked into the Tomorrowland Terrace sit down Dessert Party at 9:10PM and got a prime table at the front. Great seats. The food was surprisingly very good. They had an Almond Cake Pop that was WOWZA. I do wish they had some savory items outside of cheese as I miss that from prior parties years ago. But it was worth it to us as being able to sit and enjoy the fireworks and not having to worry about not being able to see as we are super short.

We used DAS several times and went into the LL for that. No issues. We rode on everything we wanted with very little wait times. We rode most rides after the fireworks and found the crowds really thinned out. We wanted to trick or treat more but were so stuffed from the dessert party we didn't partake. We left around 11:30PM and took a Minnie Van back to Old Key West. This was the first time we took a Minnie Van and price wasn't that bad. We loved talking to the CM driving and it was air conditioned and being picked up at the park rather than having to go to the TTC for a rideshare made the extra cost worth it after a long day in the park.

Overall a little chaotic in the beginning but we had a great time. We loved seeing all the wonderful costumes that people wore. Some very creative people.

We went to the 9/4 party. We had park reservations, Halloween Party tickets, an ADR at Tony's restaurant, Dessert Party tickets and a purchased ILL for Tron at 5:30PM. We took the bus from Old Key West. We arrived around 5:15PM.

The beginning was a little chaotic and unsure if we got incorrect information from a newer CM. We were walking past a very large group waiting to enter the park, this group was the guests who only had Halloween Party tickets and were waiting in line to get into the park. We walked around them since we had park reservations and there were shorter lines closer to the monorail area on the left for people with park reservations. As we were walking towards that area a CM blocked us and told us we couldn't go over to that area. We let him know that we had park reservations and again was told we couldn't go over to the area. Although there were other people going over to that area and being allowed in. We waited in the large group for about 10 minutes and saw another CM and asked if we were supposed to be in this group since we had park reservations. This CM said we could go over to the other area and we scanned into the park immediately.

After we scanned in we asked about getting wristbands and were told we needed to be in the other line with that large group to get them and that we could get them later. We walked over to Tron and was very surprised how dead it was. If you are wanting to walk right onto Tron whether purchasing an ILL or Virtual Queue this was the time to do it. We got over to Tron around 5:40PM and it was a complete walk on. Super easy, quick. There was no virtual queue group waiting either. I'm assuming it was so dead because the regular guests had to leave by 6PM.

After Tron we started back to the front of the Park to make our ADR at Tony's. After reading on the board about getting the wrists bands near Tomorrowland Terrace area we saw the sign to get wrists bands but there were not CM's there to hand them out. We only saw a line for people to get pic's near the Stitch area. We saw a large group of CM's on the other side of the street and walked over to ask about getting wrist bands and we were told to go back out to the front of the park to get them as the Tomorrowland area to get wrist bands were not opened yet. We couldn't wait as we had an ADR at Tony's so we headed to dinner.

We have never eaten at Tony's and had read a lot of negative reviews. I can say for us it was lovely. Very good food and great service. A CM came by while we were eating to ask if we were going to the party. We said yes and he said to make sure to get our wrist bands and told us we'd have to exit the park and enter the park again and then we'd get our wrist bands. We thought that was odd but ok.

After eating it was around 7PM and we walked to a CM directing traffic near the front of the park to ask about exiting and entering the park to get wrist bands. He said we wouldn't do that as that makes no sense and to go to the Tomorrowland area to get wrists bands. We were stopped three or four times on our way there by CM's checking why we didn't have wrist bands and politely explained we've been trying to get them since we entered the park at 5:30PM. LOL.

We made it back over to Tomorrowland area and saw the same sign about wrist bands and this time there were CM's handing them out after they scanned your magic band. There was no line and we got our wristbands and our trick or treat bags.

We saw long lines for meet and greets and the specialty food items. We decided to wait until 8:30-9PM to try the specialty food. We aren't character meet and greet people so that wasn't a priority. The longest line we encountered for specialty food was in Cosmic Rays. We got unlucky and the people in front of us ordered over $300 in food. I have no idea how many people were in their group but I have never seen so many drinks on a tray before. All we wanted to try was the Zombie Fingers which were were fantastic. You couldn't really taste the Almond but the key lime was awesome. Also tried the Sally Cake Pop and it was wonderful.

We checked into the Tomorrowland Terrace sit down Dessert Party at 9:10PM and got a prime table at the front. Great seats. The food was surprisingly very good. They had an Almond Cake Pop that was WOWZA. I do wish they had some savory items outside of cheese as I miss that from prior parties years ago. But it was worth it to us as being able to sit and enjoy the fireworks and not having to worry about not being able to see as we are super short.

We used DAS several times and went into the LL for that. No issues. We rode on everything we wanted with very little wait times. We rode most rides after the fireworks and found the crowds really thinned out. We wanted to trick or treat more but were so stuffed from the dessert party we didn't partake. We left around 11:30PM and took a Minnie Van back to Old Key West. This was the first time we took a Minnie Van and price wasn't that bad. We loved talking to the CM driving and it was air conditioned and being picked up at the park rather than having to go to the TTC for a rideshare made the extra cost worth it after a long day in the park.

Overall a little chaotic in the beginning but we had a great time. We loved seeing all the wonderful costumes that people wore. Some very creative people.
We have day tickets and an ADR at 4 pm so we will be going through the day guest line at 3:30 pm (I’m trying to move this ADR but by the time I got into the system the 5-6pm was all sold out; probably for the best vs baking in the heat at 4 pm). In the past we got our Halloween party bands at Tortuga Tavern and they opened exactly at 4 pm (there was a 30 min line to get the bands.)

I was hoping we could go to Dinner and then get the bands in Fantasyland around 5:30 pm and then get in line for the popcorn bucket nearby (available starting 6 pm) and maybe people mover or something and line up for Seven Dwarfs during the first parade.

Tron throws so much uncertainty in the mix. They should make it like a FP+ booking for the party where you choose your time.

Are the posted waits (for HM & SDMT) accurate?

Also, are the Tron BG times enforced? We were hoping to see the Seven Dwarfs and get a VQ for Tron.

Seven dwarfs meet & greet closes at 11:15 pm and kind bars are by storybook circus (after the splash area); popcorn bucket available near space Mtn!

Are the posted waits (for HM & SDMT) accurate?

Also, are the Tron BG times enforced? We were hoping to see the Seven Dwarfs and get a VQ for Tron.
At 6:05PM, 7DMT was posted as 55m and we made it on in about 40.

We counted about 3-4 seconds after 6pm before hitting “join a boarding group” and got a BG that didn’t get called until after 10:45.

Didn’t do HM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter