• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

Is MVMCP worth the money?
It’s fun. It gets you into the holiday spirit.The parade is exciting(love the fake snow).The fireworks are fantastic. The cookies and hot chocolate are ok. Going onto not so crowded rides is wonderful ( go to favorites during fireworks or parade if shorter line is wanted. )The meet & greets are fun- but we aren't there for them( only if it’s a short line) .Overall, it’s the festive atmosphere that we love.

Is MVMCP worth the money?
We tend to use it as an extra day, generally we won't go to Magic Kingdom the day of the party. Will go to Disney Springs or resort hopping etc. Then will get over there early when the party guests can arrive. Saves paying for essentially two tickets for Magic Kingdom.

It’s fun. It gets you into the holiday spirit.The parade is exciting(love the fake snow).The fireworks are fantastic. The cookies and hot chocolate are ok. Going onto not so crowded rides is wonderful ( go to favorites during fireworks or parade if shorter line is wanted. )The meet & greets are fun- but we aren't there for them( only if it’s a short line) .Overall, it’s the festive atmosphere that we love.
It does sound fun, but I have to choose between this and Jollywood. Still trying to decide. I wish that I knew more about the DHS Jollywood and whether or not the MK will have EEH while I am there. If you could get a refund I would book it and cancel if the EEH happens. perhaps I'll wait and hope that it doesn't sell out.
We tend to use it as an extra day, generally we won't go to Magic Kingdom the day of the party. Will go to Disney Springs or resort hopping etc. Then will get over there early when the party guests can arrive. Saves paying for essentially two tickets for Magic Kingdom.
We are pass holders so it works differently for us. Essentially I feel like I am paying twice for that day. But if I don't go, then I will feel like I'm losing part of my MK day. The pass is expensive then you pay for Genie+ and then for the night (party) separately. WOW! Disney is incredibly expensive now!

I was a passholder and did the parties many times. I didn't mind or think I was spending twice. I just enjoyed myself and enjoyed the Halloween/Christmas spirit. I still go to the parties and events when I can. I wish Disney sold a few less tickets for them, but alas. Disney.

The Christmas Party is fun, the parade is cool (I have one of those stuffies they made of the toy soldiers as a reminder of the parade all the time) the fireworks are nice. Learning about Donald his social media is funny. And Clarabelle doing her full Mariah is fantastic. I am going to miss the castle lightning this year, but hopefully there is something else to replace it.

I am doing 2 MVMCP and 1 Jollywood nights. I usually do Animal Kingdom in the morning of a party day. Because I get everything I want out of that park in 5 or so hours. Relax, enter the Magic Kingdom at around 530-6. And just have a merry little time.

Also Magic Kingdom being mostly dry is a big positive for the parties I think.

It does sound fun, but I have to choose between this and Jollywood. Still trying to decide. I wish that I knew more about the DHS Jollywood and whether or not the MK will have EEH while I am there. If you could get a refund I would book it and cancel if the EEH happens. perhaps I'll wait and hope that it doesn't sell out.

We are pass holders so it works differently for us. Essentially I feel like I am paying twice for that day. But if I don't go, then I will feel like I'm losing part of my MK day. The pass is expensive then you pay for Genie+ and then for the night (party) separately. WOW! Disney is incredibly expensive now!
If you only want to purchase admission to one of the holiday events I would personally select MVMCP. DHS is my favorite park and I still see more "value" in MVMCP. Jollywood Nights occurs after park close so it's basically an "After Hours" at DHS. You can still take in the Christmas ambiance at night without purchasing it in DHS whereas MVMCP closes MK down early 4 nights a week and the other 3 nights become massive swarms of people.

The calendar for November has been releasing on the extended view in the app. Epcot will have 2 EEH during the week of 10/29. It's listed on the calendar for Monday, 10/30 and Thursday, 11/2.

Starting 11/8 AK is getting EEH. I would NOT expect to see any EEH at MK or DHS while Jollywood Nights and MVMCP are running.

You can also purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist which has recently changed it's refund policy. You can return tickets and pay a 5% restocking fee up until the day prior to the event. Could be a nice insurance policy once we hear reports about the first few Jollywood Nights.

You can also purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist which has recently changed it's refund policy. You can return tickets and pay a 5% restocking fee up until the day prior to the event. Could be a nice insurance policy once we hear reports about the first few Jollywood Nights.
Thanks for mentioning this! I didn’t realize they had changed their policy on the party tickets to now allow returns.

If you only want to purchase admission to one of the holiday events I would personally select MVMCP. DHS is my favorite park and I still see more "value" in MVMCP. Jollywood Nights occurs after park close so it's basically an "After Hours" at DHS. You can still take in the Christmas ambiance at night without purchasing it in DHS whereas MVMCP closes MK down early 4 nights a week and the other 3 nights become massive swarms of people.

The calendar for November has been releasing on the extended view in the app. Epcot will have 2 EEH during the week of 10/29. It's listed on the calendar for Monday, 10/30 and Thursday, 11/2.

Starting 11/8 AK is getting EEH. I would NOT expect to see any EEH at MK or DHS while Jollywood Nights and MVMCP are running.

Wow! will they really refund 95% of a ticket that is nonrefundable if bought from Disney? That is exciting...Thank you!

Wow! will they really refund 95% of a ticket that is nonrefundable if bought from Disney? That is exciting...Thank you!
Oh no, sorry for the miscommunication. You have to buy the tickets through Undercover Tourist for Undercover Tourist to refund them. Undercover Tourist won't help with tickets purchased directly from Disney.

Oh no, sorry for the miscommunication. You have to buy the tickets through Undercover Tourist for Undercover Tourist to refund them. Undercover Tourist won't help with tickets purchased directly from Disney.
Plus I’m sure you save money on the ticket. We are taking a quick jaunt down just to do the party one night and a day at Epcot the next. Usually I stay on property and get length of stay, but since only an expensive party ticket and an expensive one day ticket, hit up AAA this time for just the two tickets and saved over 50 bucks, linked up nicely too

Sorry if asked in this 15 page thread, but what are thoughts of bringing an 11-month-old to the party? Worth it from pas experience?
That really is personal choice. At 11 months they won’t remember anything, but you will. Depending on your baby they may sleep through some of the party.

Only you really know how your baby will be affected by being up later than normal and extra stimulation. Reality is though that all those things are applicable for a Disney trip. If you have a ‘go with the flow’ baby you’ll be fine. If your baby requires a tight schedule or a specific place to sleep, the party could throw off their schedule.

I first took my daughter when she was about 2 1/2. She slept through a couple of hours of the party but we had a great time and I’m still glad we went!

Last edited:
This is our first year doing the party and this is exactly what we're doing!

The pass is expensive then you pay for Genie+ and then for the night (party) separately. WOW! Disney is incredibly expensive now!

Just in case it hasn't been clarified, you actually can't buy Genie+ for the party. And you don't really need it either with the lower waits.

This is our first year doing the party and this is exactly what we're doing!
Good deal! Sometimes back when Animal Kingdom didn't have as much to do, or they closed at 5, we'd go there for the morning and early afternoon then drop in a Magic Kingdom, but I don't think we'll do it that way this year.

Correct. Every ticket that you have linked in MDE will work with your Magic Band.
And just to make sure...even though I know I have read this elsewhere...our new party tickets, park tickets, LL and photo pass pics will all work from our 2018 MBs. The only thing that may not work is ride photos - which will still show in our MDE account with bluetooth on. All correct?

And just to make sure...even though I know I have read this elsewhere...our new party tickets, park tickets, LL and photo pass pics will all work from our 2018 MBs. The only thing that may not work is ride photos - which will still show in our MDE account with bluetooth on. All correct?
I traveled in 2022 with 2019 MBs. Even with Bluetooth on, I was missing a ton of ride photos from the newer riders that autopopulate to your account.

I put in missing photo reports each night with details of when we had ridden (I would take pictures before boarding each ride for a time stamp) and what we were wearing and nearly all were added to my account within a couple weeks of travel. It was definitely a hassle, though. Depending on how long you're visiting, I would consider at least getting one newer MB to hopefully grab the ride photos better.

(Not sure if others had the same issue with Bluetooth. Maybe it was mine and Hubby's phones?)

Will the last night (Dec 22nd) be sold out soon or do I have some time?
Is it a good night to go?
I’m figuring it might be my best bet to beat the crowds a bit?

Will the last night (Dec 22nd) be sold out soon or do I have some time?
Is it a good night to go?
I’m figuring it might be my best bet to beat the crowds a bit?
Historically all parties sell out so crowds are equal size at all parties.

There is a ton of great information on the first page of this thread including information about when parties sold out in previous years.

Sorry if asked in this 15 page thread, but what are thoughts of bringing an 11-month-old to the party? Worth it from pas experience?
I think it depends on your baby. We're going in December when our son will be 15 months, and we're forgoing it with him. He goes to bed at 7, and doesn't really do well if we try to push him past 8. So we wouldn't have a ton of time. If your LO goes to bed later or does okay with a changing schedule, it may be worth it?

The parade is really cute and the stage shows are cool, as long as you think your baby won't be afraid of the characters. It can be loud and overwhelming, so I'd just consider how your baby does now when there's a ton of stimulation and moderate it.

I don't think my son would be obsessed with anything that happens at the park during MVMCP versus normal park hours, so it's not worth the extra expense for us. I don't think he'd gain much from the parade/shows, and I definitely don't want to bank on him not being terrified of meeting characters. Now, I have considered asking my in-laws to babysit so my husband and I can do the party alone 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter