"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

How is the transportation back to the hotels at the very end of the party?
We plan to stay to the very end and wondering if busses will still be plentiful.|

Also, we are at Dolphin, but I seem to remember having to take the Yacht & Beach/Boardwalk because the Swan and Dolphin busses don't take you to the MK entrance? Am I remembering that correctly - is that still the way it goes?

thnx all!
We were just there and staying at the Dolphin as well. After the party we just jumped on a bus going to Boardwalk and took it back. It's a minor walk from the Boardwalk and was quick.

Imagine paying $700 for party tickets and being yelled at that you can't have more than one cookie at a cookie stop. I didn't want to bring my double stroller into columbia Harbour house and the cast member screamed at me that it's one per person. I then asked her if I could at least have 2 so that my 2 kids could each have one and she rolled her eyes and said I’ll do it this once but it is one per person from now on. This is my only complaint after tonight’s party. Everything else was absolutely magical. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone in case you were trying to do the same and grab cookies for your whole party.
Wow that’s crazy I requested 6 cookies at the stop at Columbia Harbor House and Pinocchio’s and was told I could have as many as I needed and come in as many times as I wanted! We were at party on Tuesday. 11/28

Wow that’s crazy I requested 6 cookies at the stop at Columbia Harbor House and Pinocchio’s and was told I could have as many as I needed and come in as many times as I wanted! We were at party on Tuesday. 11/28
Same expirence- I often went in the line for our family and asked for 4- no issue!

We did the party on 11/26. Lots of fun and really I don't have anything to share that hasn't been shared already.

We were the first ones on space mountain overlay. Kinda magical!

My only tip- I should have paid more attention to weather. We ended up in a down pour while waiting to go through turnstiles. Then being wet and trying to adjust our approach... the first hour we were there was kinda waste. If I did it again and noticed the weather we would have just waited to head to MK.

Can someone refresh my memory as to whether the holiday overlays will carry over to the regular park hours once the last MVMCP happens like the holiday fireworks show does?

I’m so sorry this happened to you.

Unfortunately I think we’re seeing the results of guests who treat the cookie stops like a trick or treat stand and then brag about taking home a bag full of cookies at the end of the night. The cookies are meant to enjoy at the party and possibly a couple of extras but some take far more than that which is not the intent nor how Disney purchases stock. With the thousands of people at the party, if each person took a bunch of extras home it quickly challenges how many they have for the rest of the parties.

While individually wrapped for sanitary reasons, some people have suddenly started taking them with the intent to take many home which is not the intent.
Yes I saw lots of people with giant bags/tupperware containers full.

maybe they were being more liberal with the stock in the beginning days of the party and now they are trying to save stock and so have changed to a more conservative approach? however, CHH is the only stop I had an issue at. The other stops didn’t bat an eye at me.

First timers at the party this week. Unfortunately, we weren’t impressed. Felt much busier than expected (did MNSSHP) in 2022 and crowds were better then. Space Mountain was down for most of party so we didn’t get on it. Got cut off 3 times in character lines and told to come back in an hour. These weren’t even the big characters - just Alice & Rabbit and Mary Poppins & Penguin. Parade was ok. Waited over an hour in virtual queue for TRON, had hoped it would be less time during a party. This trip was specifically for the party so no other time to try TRON and we won’t be back for atleast 1 more year. For us the party was a one and done.

Sorry you had a bad experience. We are going tonight for our annual party but we know it will make our special needs son happy.

Last Thurs at MVMCP, we were waiting in line for a photo with 7 dwarfs when our Tron VQ boarding group was called. After getting our photo, we were going to walk down the sidewalk on the east side of MK that connects Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland; time for our boarding group was running out. However, a CM stopped us and told us that the sidewalk was closed, and we had to take the scenic route around the Teacups and Speedway. Does anybody know why that sidewalk is closed during the parties? We did make it to Tron, but we didn't have much time to spare.

We did our first Christmas party last night and had a great time.

Saw the frozen castle show at 6.15pm from the Tomorrowland side of the hub - walked up with a few minutes to go and tucked in at the side, great view.

Watched the 7.40 Mickey stage show - people had already staked their parade spots which meant the parade path was empty so we stood in that in front of the castle - again, turned up near show time and had a good view. (Shortest member of our party is about 5’4 but we always had a bit of space in front of us so they could see over taller heads in front)

We sat outside the town hall for the 8.30 parade - went there straight after the stage show and there was no pavement space anywhere but we went up the steps and behind the railing outside where Jack and Sally meet so could see everything. I actually even went and met them, it took about 10 minutes!

10pm fireworks - again we were at the Tomorrowland side of the hub with a great view, arriving ten minutes before the show.

Got boarding group 116 for Tron and walked on. A technical snafu meant we also got a second boarding group, 181, this one was called during the fireworks and we got on at 10.55pm so a longer wait but we were glad to be in the warm!

15 min advertised wait for Space but think it was faster. Enjoyed seeing the overlay.

We went to four treat stops, my son was given two cookies at one stop and my husband was able to get 3 in one go for all of us so they didn’t seem to be rationing them.

We did the photo with the fun background, when a cast member walks behind with a light effect.

I think that’s everything! Hope it’s helpful.

Last year I bought a lighting lane during the party. Actually I think the LL was before the party actually started after 4pm ( wasn't needed ) Is that allowed this year also?

Last year I bought a lighting lane during the party. Actually I think the LL was before the party actually started after 4pm ( wasn't needed ) Is that allowed this year also?
I wish the parties included Genie+ from the entry time until start of the party. Eg 4-7pm for MVMCP.

Imagine paying $700 for party tickets and being yelled at that you can't have more than one cookie at a cookie stop. I didn't want to bring my double stroller into columbia Harbour house and the cast member screamed at me that it's one per person. I then asked her if I could at least have 2 so that my 2 kids could each have one and she rolled her eyes and said I’ll do it this once but it is one per person from now on. This is my only complaint after tonight’s party. Everything else was absolutely magical. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone in case you were trying to do the same and grab cookies for your whole party.
We had a couple of favorite cookies where we went back and asked for 2 and no problem. Gingerbread gave us 2 to start.
This was also 11/28.
Ride lines were quick, didn’t do characters.

First timers at the party this week. Unfortunately, we weren’t impressed. Felt much busier than expected (did MNSSHP) in 2022 and crowds were better then. Space Mountain was down for most of party so we didn’t get on it. Got cut off 3 times in character lines and told to come back in an hour. These weren’t even the big characters - just Alice & Rabbit and Mary Poppins & Penguin. Parade was ok. Waited over an hour in virtual queue for TRON, had hoped it would be less time during a party. This trip was specifically for the party so no other time to try TRON and we won’t be back for atleast 1 more year. For us the party was a one and done.
I agree about the crowds….. it felt like a normal park day which was a little disapponting. I’m sorry it was a negative experience for you 😞 i had one bad interaction but the rest of the party was great for us

Does anyone know how long the wooden soldier stays out for photos in the bypass next to Main Street? The area where you go when you enter to pick up your ornament/gift

I just scored 2 tickets to Sundays party. Got them from the ticket center at DS. I was told there were 7 tickets and by the time I was finished making my purchase there were only 3 left.

Does anyone know how the chances are to get tickets for the 21th or 22th of december ? And if there is, where ?

We are located in europe so we cannot purchase tickets online

Does anyone know how the chances are to get tickets for the 21th or 22th of december ? And if there is, where ?

We are located in europe so we cannot purchase tickets online
You may ask at Disney Guest Services once you arrive but chances are extremely slim that tickets will be available. Unfortunately a sold out party is sold out as tickets are non-transferable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter