"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

You may ask at Disney Guest Services once you arrive but chances are extremely slim that tickets will be available. Unfortunately a sold out party is sold out as tickets are non-transferable.
After my experience and conversation last night at GS I’m going to disagree with saying sold out is sold out. I asked for 2 different dates and was offered both nights. Granted we only wanted 2 tickets. When I told the CM that I was under the impression that you could only ask for the day of…she said no, tickets come back in the system all the time.

That said I would never think it a safe bet to not buy in advance. My circumstances were that we planned this trip last minute but also, in the past the parties did not sell out. There would be some nights that did but in general it wasn’t hard to get tickets. We have even left it until a day or two ahead just to see which night was going to have better weather. To be totally honest I’m a little surprised with this years sell out.

Does anyone know how the chances are to get tickets for the 21th or 22th of december ? And if there is, where ?

We are located in europe so we cannot purchase tickets online
Go to either Guest Services at DS or one of the parks. Those are the only places you can get tickets that have come back in their system. You might need to go more than once. I would say don’t count on it but keep trying. Those dates are probably the most popular.

After my experience and conversation last night at GS I’m going to disagree with saying sold out is sold out. I asked for 2 different dates and was offered both nights. Granted we only wanted 2 tickets. When I told the CM that I was under the impression that you could only ask for the day of…she said no, tickets come back in the system all the time.

That said I would never think it a safe bet to not buy in advance. My circumstances were that we planned this trip last minute but also, in the past the parties did not sell out. There would be some nights that did but in general it wasn’t hard to get tickets. We have even left it until a day or two ahead just to see which night was going to have better weather. To be totally honest I’m a little surprised with this years sell out.

Go to either Guest Services at DS or one of the parks. Those are the only places you can get tickets that have come back in their system. You might need to go more than once. I would say don’t count on it but keep trying. Those dates are probably the most popular.
I'm very thankful you got tickets to a sold out party but honestly, you were in the right place at the right time. Far more often we find people are told no. And, in your case you said you were able to get 2 tickets when there were 7 available and by the time you finished more had been sold. If they come back into inventory it's about asking (as I advised person to do at Guest Services) after the inventory having been recently refreshed.

The other reason I said a 'sold out party is a sold out party' is that OP was asking what other places they could check to get tickets to a sold out party.

Disney tickets are non-transferrable so a guest cannot get a ticket to a sold out party by looking other places. The only chance is to ask at Disney Guest Services either at a park or Disney Springs.

What's the consensus of Dessert Parties during MVMCP? Seems unnecessary to pay for more desserts when they are already passing out tons of cookies and cocoa? Opinions? Also, where is the best place to view the Minnie's fireworks if not doing a party in the hub? Thanks!

Post as I previously noted my experience at the Halloween party, and it differed at the Christmas party.

We attended a Halloween and Christmas party, and at Halloween we were able to buy Tron ILL with just party tickets between 4-6, the other night at the Christmas party we were not able to do this!

What's the consensus of Dessert Parties during MVMCP? Seems unnecessary to pay for more desserts when they are already passing out tons of cookies and cocoa? Opinions? Also, where is the best place to view the Minnie's fireworks if not doing a party in the hub? Thanks!
We went last night and had an excellent view, dead center, at the back of the hub as it turns into Main St. Only got there 10 minutes early and it was spread out enough that my short kiddos had a solid 3 ft of space without an adult directly in front so they could see everything really well.

Maybe we just lucked out, but it was the least anxiety-inducing MK fireworks I've ever experienced.

This picture is from my actual vantage point, I'm not holding my phone high or anything, and you can see how far before the next crew in front of us.

1000000681.jpg

We attended Tuesday’s party. Our annual trip is usually in September or October so I have been to MNSSHP most years since 2006 but it has been years since I went to MVMCP. I had been longing for a Christmas trip! We had a wonderful time! I thought it was less crowded than our last couple MNSSHPs, at least in terms of people in the walkways.

I had purchased my ticket months ago but my CM son couldn’t until he received his schedule and then traded his shift. This meant I couldn’t buy his ticket until 2 days before the sold out party. It was a bit of a struggle so, if you are doing a ticket match (NOT buying new tickets, adding tickets to an existing order), I would recommend going to the outside MK guest relations where they seem to be more experienced at it. Also, I was told ticket match for a sold out party can only be done at MK in person, not at any other guest relations (although I know some have successfully called as well but, by the time I could buy the ticket, i was already down there).

Had a late lunch at Steakhouse 71 before heading to MK. We used the regular ticket line and scanned our MVMCP tickets later at Tortuga Tavern. If you have an AP or hopper, this is always the best choice!

We did the terrace dessert party which was a somewhat last minute decision and we enjoyed it. There were some mini versions of Christmas treats I have seen on the foodie lists - peppermint truffle tart, peppermint eclairs, the Christmas tree shaped layer bars, etc. We had a round of desserts when our Tron group was called. We decided to chance it and left our table to ride. I do have a das which helped but the Tron area was very quiet during the first parade. We were back at our table in 20 minutes.

We concentrated on rides and photopass opportunities. The only character we saw was Jack as Sandy Claws. When we went after fireworks, the posted time was 45 minutes which seemed short to me. Loved the Space overlay! The longest wait times were Jingle Cruise, Peter Pan and Mine Train. We walked up to Frontierland maybe 15 minutes before second parade and there was still lots of space, probably because of the lack of snoap but there was a band playing and it was very festive.

There seemed to be only three types of cookies available our night (no frosted sugar cookies or chocolate chip) and, alas, I never tried a single one because I was already sugared out from the dessert party. I did get an extra cookie at a few stations wanting to take one of each home for my two teenagers at home. Most were accommodating, but one CM sighed and eye rolled when I asked for two but did hand them over. In the end, I couldn’t fit those six cookies into my luggage so my son and his girlfriend reaped the benefits (don’t weep for my other 2 at home - the Gideon’s cookies did fit 😂)

The only other treat we tried was the coconut milkshake which terrific, probably my favorite snack of the trip.

Most were accommodating, but one CM sighed and eye rolled when I asked for two but did hand them over.
seriously - these CMs and their leadership really have to get over themselves. People are paying big bucks for a few hours of entertainment and these cookies cost pennies. I don't condone rude, piggish behavior (people expecting a big pile or hoarding them) but an extra cookie? Geez. Make people happy.

What's the longest ride wait everyone has had that's been to MVMCP this year? Thanks!
~25 minutes for Space Mountain. We did Jingle Cruise close to fireworks time, and its line was very short, but after getting off the boat, fireworks were over and there was a long line. We didn't try 7DMT or Peter Pan. This was Thurs Nov 30.

Last Thurs at MVMCP, we were waiting in line for a photo with 7 dwarfs when our Tron VQ boarding group was called. After getting our photo, we were going to walk down the sidewalk on the east side of MK that connects Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland; time for our boarding group was running out. However, a CM stopped us and told us that the sidewalk was closed, and we had to take the scenic route around the Teacups and Speedway. Does anybody know why that sidewalk is closed during the parties? We did make it to Tron, but we didn't have much time to spare.
It was probably blocked off because of the fireworks blowback. I read reports of the Tron walkway closing during MNSSHP as well.

Last year I bought a lighting lane during the party. Actually I think the LL was before the party actually started after 4pm ( wasn't needed ) Is that allowed this year also?
We don’t go until next week, but I’ve been following reports on Facebook, and sounds like the ability to purchase an ILL between 4 and 6 with just a party ticket was eliminated early in the MVMCP season. However, it does sound like you can book them as soon as you scan into the park at 4 (subject to availability). And I’ve also heard that sometimes the 1 pm TRON VQ is still open as well. Will be testing this all out on the 21st!

We went on 12/8 and had a great time. We did have park reservations so we arrived before 4 pm and were able to get some rides done early. We didn't do any meet & greets, stage shows, or fireworks (which we previously watched from our room at BLT). We watched the second parade standing in Frontierland; we followed the end and branched off to Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan and 7DMT with no waits.

We stopped at the majority of the treat locations. One of them gave us two cookies each without asking for them.

What’s with the massive line back to the boats and bus stop sign for the party tonight. At 3:30pm. Wasn’t like that last year for a sold out night

Just saw the frozen “ surprise “ show.. wow that was bad. Does anyone know why the projections on the castle now aren’t super bright anymore? They look so dull

I have photos from last year and the castle is so bright and lively.

Not sure what they changed but I noticed it earlier this year when at the parks also

Basically looks like the lights are dying and dim and need to be changed

Last edited:
As for the cookies, most CM would give you what you asked for. Others did question why you were asking for more than one. Unfortunately, there are no more sugar cookies.

• Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square) - Chocolate Chip Cookie & Hot Cocoa
  • Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café (Tomorrowland) - Snickerdoodle Cookie & Hot Cocoa
  • Pinocchhio Village Haus (Fantasyland) - Frosted gingerbread Cookie & Hot Cocoa; Allergy friendly & alternative options available upon request --- it's been mentioned that all 4 cookie flavors are avaible here
  • The Launching Pad (Tomorrowland) - Buttercream Frosted Red Sprinkle Cut-Out Cookie & Apple Cider
  • Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland) - Buttercream Frosted Green Sprinkle Cut-Out Cookie & Eggnog

FYI, on 12/8, Columbia had snickerdoodle, Ray's had choc chip, Village Haus had Red Velvet, Launching Pad had iced gingerbread, and we didn't make it all the way back to Tortuga. I don't know if our night was just a fluke, if they mix it up every so often, or if they've permanently moved the cookies...

We went Sunday 12/10, what a bleepshow that was. Absolute torrential downpours both coming into the park and at the park for the 2 hours leading up into the party. Stood in line for 2 hours for customer service as it was lightning outside and the solution was park hoppers for another day if we cut off our wrist bands and immediately left the party since the rain had just ended in time for the party to start. With my wife, father and 2 year old daughter in tow. we toughed it out wet shoes and socks (I have the blisters to prove) and managed to have a decent time anyways but man was I miserable for half of the night.

Cookies were not matching their stations, no sugar cookies were available so we got a bunch of iced gingerbread. They are good, but for the price I’d hope they wouldn’t run out of anything.

Loved our first experience at the Christmas party in 2019 but after the wet experience of this year, I don’t know if we will ever do it again. Having to buy tickets in advance and not knowing what the weather will be, and also now knowing Disney has no obligation or compunction to make it right, I don’t know that I can justify the cost or that it is worth the inherent risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter