"Official" 2023 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Yuletide Joy

has the Mickey toy soldier popcorn bucket been selling out? We want to get one but on the way out of the park, like very last thing. Will they still be available after the second parade?
Thanks in advance!

We went Sunday 12/10, what a bleepshow that was. Absolute torrential downpours both coming into the park and at the park for the 2 hours leading up into the party. Stood in line for 2 hours for customer service as it was lightning outside and the solution was park hoppers for another day if we cut off our wrist bands and immediately left the party since the rain had just ended in time for the party to start. With my wife, father and 2 year old daughter in tow. we toughed it out wet shoes and socks (I have the blisters to prove) and managed to have a decent time anyways but man was I miserable for half of the night.

Cookies were not matching their stations, no sugar cookies were available so we got a bunch of iced gingerbread. They are good, but for the price I’d hope they wouldn’t run out of anything.

Loved our first experience at the Christmas party in 2019 but after the wet experience of this year, I don’t know if we will ever do it again. Having to buy tickets in advance and not knowing what the weather will be, and also now knowing Disney has no obligation or compunction to make it right, I don’t know that I can justify the cost or that it is worth the inherent risk.
We were there that night and had a wonderful time. Got in shortly after 4, went straight to SM wait was posted at 35 I think we waited 15. Then we went to Cosmic Ray’s which was a ghost town, no wait. Started pouring as we were walking out. Headed to SDMT which had a 40 minute posted wait, we made it inside in 15 minutes and then they shut down all outdoor rides. We rode Small World then sat in Pinocchio’s from 6-7, they started handing out cookies and hot chocolate about 6:40. After that we enjoyed the party with light rain and low waits. We watched the first parade, the fireworks and rode everything we wanted. I also waited 25 minutes in the guest services line because DH wasn’t able to make the party so they gave us a gift card for the value of the party ticket.

has the Mickey toy soldier popcorn bucket been selling out? We want to get one but on the way out of the park, like very last thing. Will they still be available after the second parade?
Thanks in advance!
I can’t guarantee exactly after the parade, but when we were getting an “okay” spot(we’ve seen the parade a bunch so we just grab some partial view spot in the way out) a few minutes before the second parade was scheduled to start(last Thursday), people were still getting them from the cart to the right of the castle.

Has everyone managed to get TRON on virtual queue at 6, we are attending tonight
used time.gov and at 6:00:00 we got boarding group 201. Were called just at the end of the fireworks. So rode Tron in about 20 minutes and got to Main St for the 11pm parade. Funny, we were on Small World at 6:00, and the people in the row behind us were doing the same and got boarding group 152.

Has everyone managed to get TRON on virtual queue at 6, we are attending tonight
I refreshed right at 6pm and go on the ride, but ended up missing the fireworks as a result. No way to avoid that possibility I suppose.

Was off just in time for the fireworks, fantastic evening, ride times were short, plenty of cookies to feed the world if you wanted them, characters were brilliant.
only negative was a selfish one as I wanted the mug from the evening and they said they sold out 3 weeks ago, must have all gone the first night, unusual for Disney not to drain the pocket by under ordering so much.

only negative was a selfish one as I wanted the mug from the evening and they said they sold out 3 weeks ago, must have all gone the first night, unusual for Disney not to drain the pocket by under ordering so much.
This is SOP for party (any party) merch for the past several years.

Spouse rode Tron during the fireworks on the 12/03 party. It worked well - the kids and I watched fireworks near Tron while we waited for him, and he said the noise added to the thrill of the ride.

I was at the party last night and going back Friday. I got a Tron VQ but got called back near the end of the night and the line was incredibly long. Outside of the pavilion with multiple switchbacks. Had to leave the line to get to the parade. Does anyone know wait times with VQ during the party?

I was at the party last night and going back Friday. I got a Tron VQ but got called back near the end of the night and the line was incredibly long. Outside of the pavilion with multiple switchbacks. Had to leave the line to get to the parade. Does anyone know wait times with VQ during the party?
Shouldn’t be that long but when I went to the party on 11/30, they had to close the ride just as I was about to board while they cleaned up not one but two code V incidents on 2 different trains. So you never know what can impact the line.

We were told 45 min wait when we went in early Dec. Our group was called around 9:30. We didn't ride because we wanted to see the fireworks at 10.

Don’t know if anyone cares but in the small world department, I saw Justin Scarred (Randomland) at the 12/5 party. Nice guy.

We were pleasantly surprised and this might have already been discussed but the rider swap for Tron was awesome! They basically let us go through the LL twice (the regular VQ line was about a 45 min wait). Typically with rider swap, you go through the regular line once and then the LL on the swap. Not sure if this is standard for party nights but it was much appreciated!

We were pleasantly surprised and this might have already been discussed but the rider swap for Tron was awesome! They basically let us go through the LL twice (the regular VQ line was about a 45 min wait). Typically with rider swap, you go through the regular line once and then the LL on the swap. Not sure if this is standard for party nights but it was much appreciated!
Not sure if that is typical. They told us to do that but when I asked at the front of the LL they sent us back down to the VQ line. Thankfully it wasn't too long even with the swap. My 8 year old wasn't riding so i swapped with my 11 year old. They told me both kids would be allowed to wait in the locker area. Unfortunately, the CM in the locker area sent my kids out and my 8 year old got really upset and was crying at the exit.

Spouse rode Tron during the fireworks on the 12/03 party. It worked well - the kids and I watched fireworks near Tron while we waited for him, and he said the noise added to the thrill of the ride.
Is there somewhere near Tron with good viewing for the fireworks? Does Minnie’s Christmas fireworks not have castle projections?

Not sure if that is typical. They told us to do that but when I asked at the front of the LL they sent us back down to the VQ line. Thankfully it wasn't too long even with the swap. My 8 year old wasn't riding so i swapped with my 11 year old. They told me both kids would be allowed to wait in the locker area. Unfortunately, the CM in the locker area sent my kids out and my 8 year old got really upset and was crying at the exit.
WOW both of these miscommunications seems more like TSA rather than a Disney park! So sorry that happened to your 8 year old. Tron has been open about 10 months including previews. You'd think they would have this figured out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter