*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

I also decided to cancel. I've moved our trip to Nov 2021, which is DS birthday. While I don't believe things will be back to normal, I do think we'll be in a better place. Also, I'm hoping some of our favs will be back (Fantasmic, PeopleMover, Nemo show, Indiana Jones). Best of luck to you all!

My sister and I will be heading down 4/30-5/5! Still figuring out which hotel, but have narrowed it to BLT, GFV or CS Tower.

ETA: officially booked the Contemporary Garden wing today! Woo hoo!

Last edited:
Tomorrow is my ADR day (we get there 3/27). For now, this is what I'm planning. Thoughts?

DateParkpark hoursADR
Saturday, March 27Epcot11-7Rose and Crown lunch; Wine bar George 7:45pm
Sunday, March 28Magic Kingdom9-6Cali Grill dinner
Monday, March 29Animal Kingdom9-5Tiffins lunch; Sanaa dinner
Tuesday, March 30Hollywood Studios10-7Backlot express; Morimoto dinner
Wednesday, March 31Topolinos terrace breakfast; Capa Four Seasons dinner
Thursday, April 1Magic Kingdom9-6The Wave lunch; Whispering Canyon Cafe
Friday, April 2Epcot11-7Boathouse dinner
Saturday, April 3HomeHomecoming brunch

Hi all - wanted to let you know that I had a very easy time getting my ADRs, just in case people are getting ready to make theirs.
Yay, that's great! I like your list (although you have a bunch of places there that I've never tried - fun!). We check in on the day you leave -- our visit falls on Easter and the week following, so I'm bracing myself for difficulty. We are bringing DD's BFF for their Sweet 16s and the friend's parents aren't keen on much indoor dining, so I am trying to pick ADR places which seem spacious for better ventilation. I'm thinking of Biergarten and maybe CRT if we can get it (seems like high ceilings in there?). I'm also considering Garden Grill (you're really encapsulated in those booths!). Anyone want to toss out other ideas? Some of the places we know we like are either closed or smaller spaces, so I'm struggling a bit.

Yay, that's great! I like your list (although you have a bunch of places there that I've never tried - fun!). We check in on the day you leave -- our visit falls on Easter and the week following, so I'm bracing myself for difficulty. We are bringing DD's BFF for their Sweet 16s and the friend's parents aren't keen on much indoor dining, so I am trying to pick ADR places which seem spacious for better ventilation. I'm thinking of Biergarten and maybe CRT if we can get it (seems like high ceilings in there?). I'm also considering Garden Grill (you're really encapsulated in those booths!). Anyone want to toss out other ideas? Some of the places we know we like are either closed or smaller spaces, so I'm struggling a bit.

I found this to be helpful in looking for outdoor dining
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...-guide-to-all-outdoor-dining-at-disney-world/

Hi! We are tentatively looking at trip April 3-10 at Shades of Green. This was a rebooked trip from a 2020 cancellation.

I'm hoping we can make it. The adults going should be fully vaccinated by then but that still doesn't make me 100% certain we'll be able to make the trip.

But, I'm going to start planning a bit with dining reservations and park plans just in case we're able to make it after all. Fingers crossed!

Edited to ask, where is the best source for all COVID-related info? We had everything booked last year when we had to cancel and, to be honest, I haven't been tracking all the changes. I know there's no fastpasses and there are still reservations for dining but I'm hoping for a one-stop place to read up on what transportation options are still open and other things that have changed. I poked around Disney's website but its all about cleaning.

Last edited:
I think we have decided to go April 23-May 2. We are thinking of staying at Pop Century! Planning a trip during a Pandemic is quite strange but we are hoping for a good trip amidst all this craziness.

We are booked for 4/24-5/1 at AKL. I‘ve cancelled this trip twice (last spring and last November) and I’m really hoping this one happens. Ive gotten both Moderna shots (I’m in healthcare) but I’m still nervous about flying and am waiting to see Florida’s numbers before I decide.

But the truth is I’m not sure we are going to be anywhere near “normal” anytime soon, and I really need the mental health break. So I’m leaning towards going.

Hi all, just a note in case this helps anyone. The dining reservation system looks slightly different from when I last booked ADRs. On the page of the restaurant you want to reserve, it seems to only show the 60 days out (not the 60 days plus length of reservation). But if you click on Check Availability another box pops up where you can then select a date and all the days show. Maybe this is intuitive but I thought I'd mention it as it was new for me. Also, once I chose a time it took my browser a little longer than expected to move to the next page (did this each time for all three ADRs I booked; maybe it's just my connection lagging, though). After that it all seemed like I remember, and we got the reservations we wanted (including CRT on Easter Sunday, yay!!). There is a statement on the site that you must have valid park admission and a reservation to the park on the day of the reservation, but the two systems (park reservations and dining) don't seem to run against each other because it did let me make a late dinner reservation in Epcot on a day we have park reservations for Animal Kingdom. I know having the ADR it doesn't guarantee us admission into Epcot but I will try to watch reports in advance to see if people have issues park hopping as capacity increases, and can cancel if it looks unlikely to get in.

Hi all, just a note in case this helps anyone. The dining reservation system looks slightly different from when I last booked ADRs. On the page of the restaurant you want to reserve, it seems to only show the 60 days out (not the 60 days plus length of reservation). But if you click on Check Availability another box pops up where you can then select a date and all the days show. Maybe this is intuitive but I thought I'd mention it as it was new for me. Also, once I chose a time it took my browser a little longer than expected to move to the next page (did this each time for all three ADRs I booked; maybe it's just my connection lagging, though). After that it all seemed like I remember, and we got the reservations we wanted (including CRT on Easter Sunday, yay!!). There is a statement on the site that you must have valid park admission and a reservation to the park on the day of the reservation, but the two systems (park reservations and dining) don't seem to run against each other because it did let me make a late dinner reservation in Epcot on a day we have park reservations for Animal Kingdom. I know having the ADR it doesn't guarantee us admission into Epcot but I will try to watch reports in advance to see if people have issues park hopping as capacity increases, and can cancel if it looks unlikely to get in.

This is good info, thanks. It's especially interesting that they let you make an ADR at a park you don't have a reservation for, though I think this is a good thing. I also think it's overwhelmingly likely that you don't have a problem getting into Epcot with a hopper.

Reactions: KSL
Our flight down changed to a later time so I convinced DH we should add another day. New dates are 3/27-4/4

Ok, so we are going to be in WDW at SSR from April 11-April 17th . Who else is going to be visiting in April

The following week.
I know things won't be back to normal, but looking forward anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter