• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Congratulations, caroline5177, I have always wanted to stay at the Yacht Club! Both the hotel and the pool seem amazing!

And a question for all other April 2021 travelers ... what’s the next milestone in terms of planning and booking? Just ADRs at 60 days? I see that park hours are posted through 3/7 now, so I guess April hours will be posted in about three weeks or so?

I'd say yes, ADR day would be the next milestone day. Park hours don't mean much at this point, as Disney is just posting boilerplate hours that don't necessarily reflect the reality of the situation. They'll adjust as necessary when the dates get closer.

Our trip is getting closer and starting to feel real now!! We have Poly booked for most of last week of April! This was a cancellation from last years trip planned for Wilderness Lodge. After we booked Poly, (it was a price protected upgrade from WL bc they were closed) they announced the refurbishment. I believe we are going to keep the reservation despite the construction, but Im watching the boards here & looking for announcements. Ive seen a lot of pros & cons. But honestly WL was a stretch for us, and getting a Poly Villa when I didnt even have the resort listed as an option bc of pricing, was exciting. Where else would you stay? Im eyeing up CCV, Hubby is interested in AKL.

My Dreams agent applied the free 2 day ticket offer to our package this morning and it is saving us $466! Come on, April, hurry up and get here!! :-D

Hi, April friends! I just moved our January girls trip to April because two of our four travelers can’t quarantine when we get home due to their work responsibilities... so now we’re planning for 4/22-4/26 at Pop Century! As sad as we were to move it, the silver lining is that we will be there on my sister-in-law’s birthday! She chose a relaxing morning at the pool and then enjoying the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot to celebrate. Here’s hoping the world will be in a much better place by then. Happy planning, everyone!

Anyone else feeling nervous about April? When I booked it, I was hopeful that we'd be in a better place by then. Now I'm trying to decide whether I keep April, or delay (and if so, until when?). With Disney pushing to increase capacity every 2 months while things continue to get worse, and closing more experiences than they reopen, I'm just really on the fence. My options for delaying are early May (only 1 month, so why bother), mid-June (but I worry about heat and rain), or November (this would impact school, but he's 6 so that's not a big deal, and I'm sure things will be better by then, right???). I'm not going to make any decisions for at least another month, but I really wish I could feel better about this trip!

Anyone else feeling nervous about April? When I booked it, I was hopeful that we'd be in a better place by then. Now I'm trying to decide whether I keep April, or delay (and if so, until when?). With Disney pushing to increase capacity every 2 months while things continue to get worse, and closing more experiences than they reopen, I'm just really on the fence. My options for delaying are early May (only 1 month, so why bother), mid-June (but I worry about heat and rain), or November (this would impact school, but he's 6 so that's not a big deal, and I'm sure things will be better by then, right???). I'm not going to make any decisions for at least another month, but I really wish I could feel better about this trip!

JK World, I am having the same thoughts! I think we’ll learn a lot in the next month (I’m watching my state’s virus and vaccination numbers very carefully!), and I’ve given myself two milestones for thinking things through and maybe changing the date — my ADR date, 2/12, and my final payment date, 3/12. If we reschedule it will be for late June, and of course it will be warmer and likely more crowded then.

Best of luck to all of us, sigh! My son is about the same age — about to turn 6 — and we haven’t been since 2018. I really want him to experience Disney at this age, and I am determined to make it happen, one way or another!

I'm feeling the same way. As of now, I'd say we're still planning on going, but it's not 100%. I think regardless, we have already accepted that this won't be a normal trip. The question is whether we want to jump through all the hoops to have this experience or just scrap it. Honestly, if I really thought things would be different by the summer, I'd probably just drop it. But I think we'll still be living this way for most of the year, especially given that we're already behind in vaccine roll out. I don't want to miss an opportunity to go when my kids are still young (if we cancel this one, I really don't know if we'll be able to go before 2022) so we're still thinking of doing it but it's not the usual excitement of planning a trip.

Hi!

I will be staying at the All Star Movies 4/8-4/13. I am hoping to be in the Toy Story area. My heart just loves all things Toy Story.
**if ASMo is not open by my arrival of 4/8 - what would happen to the reservation?**

If you're interested in my story, you can keep on reading! It's a goody for sure!
I was on the DCP in 2012 after I graduated from college outside of Chicago as a front desk agent for Fort Wilderness. Then, I continued as a PI with MK Guest Relations. I then went on to work with another hospitality company for a few years and realized I was meant to be a teacher. I lived in Orlando until December 2019 when my father became ill in Illinois. I moved back right before COVID took on 2020. Sadly, my father passed away in May, but I feel at home in the Chicago area right now. Now, that doesn't mean I don't love Orlando and I definitely miss Disney. Orlando was so much of my life, that I am going for this week to be in TWO weddings! One of the girls is from meeting her in the CP!
Now, you're probably wondering, 'girl, why are you staying at a Value resort while you will be celebrating two of the most amazing love stories?' Well, the wedding block at the hotel chosen is actually $15 more than the rate at ASMo, but really, I am going to squeeze in a day at MK and AK. I never thought I would see a time when I was not an AP.

So that's my trip. It will be long winded and animated, much like my reading classes I teach. I am so EXCITED!!!!

Hi!

I will be staying at the All Star Movies 4/8-4/13. I am hoping to be in the Toy Story area. My heart just loves all things Toy Story.
**if ASMo is not open by my arrival of 4/8 - what would happen to the reservation?**

If you're interested in my story, you can keep on reading! It's a goody for sure!
I was on the DCP in 2012 after I graduated from college outside of Chicago as a front desk agent for Fort Wilderness. Then, I continued as a PI with MK Guest Relations. I then went on to work with another hospitality company for a few years and realized I was meant to be a teacher. I lived in Orlando until December 2019 when my father became ill in Illinois. I moved back right before COVID took on 2020. Sadly, my father passed away in May, but I feel at home in the Chicago area right now. Now, that doesn't mean I don't love Orlando and I definitely miss Disney. Orlando was so much of my life, that I am going for this week to be in TWO weddings! One of the girls is from meeting her in the CP!
Now, you're probably wondering, 'girl, why are you staying at a Value resort while you will be celebrating two of the most amazing love stories?' Well, the wedding block at the hotel chosen is actually $15 more than the rate at ASMo, but really, I am going to squeeze in a day at MK and AK. I never thought I would see a time when I was not an AP.

So that's my trip. It will be long winded and animated, much like my reading classes I teach. I am so EXCITED!!!!

Welcome! I added you to the list. As of now, All Star Movies is scheduled to reopen on 3/22. That date was already pushed back once, so it's anyone's guess as to whether that is a firm date. If not, I imagine they move you. The only values currently open are Pop and AoA, both on the Skyliner, which would be nice.

Welcome! I added you to the list. As of now, All Star Movies is scheduled to reopen on 3/22. That date was already pushed back once, so it's anyone's guess as to whether that is a firm date. If not, I imagine they move you. The only values currently open are Pop and AoA, both on the Skyliner, which would be nice.
Hi!

I am now staying until the 14th! There was no fee to change my flight, and I am not sure when I'll be back to Disney so I figured, why not? 🙂

Hi - we are booked March 27-April 3 at BLT. We have booked rental car and flights and tickets as well. BUT I am still also keeping an eye on the virus situation. I really would like my husband and I to be vaccinated before we go, so I will be making a later call on whether we ultimately go at this time or change to end of June. But glad to be back in planning mode!

With COVID still being an issue, I decided to postpone my trip and use the money from this trip for an even better 2022 trip for EPCOT's birthday!. Not upset abt it at all since I had a feeling it was coming for quite some time and now i can start seriously planning for EPCOT Center's 40th!!!!!!! :figment:

(Also shoutout to the receptionist who helped me on the phone, she was a dream and so sweet!!!!)

Leaning toward postponing too. Looking at November for DS 7th birthday. And may stay offsite for the first time, looks like a $600 savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter