• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
A one time event is being held on August 23rd at HS for those of us that are there at that time

http://wdwnt.com/2014/06/one-night-only-villains-unleashed-hard-ticket-event-to-be-announced/

We told you in 2013 that the Limited Time Magic Friday the 13th “Unleash the Villains” event was a test for a possible hard-ticket event to be added to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the not-too-distant future. Well, Walt Disney World is expected to begin ticket sales for annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members tomorrow, June 5th, for the very first “Villains Unleashed” after hours party to be held on August 23, 2014 from 8PM-1AM. Tickets will be sold to the general public starting June 9th

This is a thread on the DIS boards... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3286828

So excited when I found out about this last night. I bought my tickets this morning. Now I just have to rethink a couple of my dining reservations.

Finally booked our flights today. It's been hanging over me for too long and I feel very relieved. It was hard to get my Mom to pull the trigger. She kept wanting to wait for a sale or something. Ended up getting $379 round-trip on SW from Boston. Ouch. We should have bought back in February.

i finally booked my return flights last week and felt very relieved too. I kept putting it off and putting it off and finally one day I got on early in the a.m. and lucked out when the return flight went way down. Ended up costing $294 RT/pp. from boston.

I posted this in the cancelled ADR thread and on facebook, but just in case, I'll do it here too!

I just cancelled an ADR for 4 at Via Napoli on Thursday August 7th at 5:45pm. Hope that helps someone :)

I'm coming up to 60 days. I have some questions. Can i do it after get home from work or will everything already be gone? Once I hit the first day of the 60 day mark, I can book Fps for my whole stay, right? we're onsite. Did you all have your Fps all planned before you booked or did you wait to see what would be available? lastly, if you use EMH hrs and get there at rope drop and do a few headliners, would you get mid-morning FPs or book them for the evening when you've returned from a nap at the hotel? thanks in advance

A one time event is being held on August 23rd at HS for those of us that are there at that time

http://wdwnt.com/2014/06/one-night-only-villains-unleashed-hard-ticket-event-to-be-announced/

We told you in 2013 that the Limited Time Magic Friday the 13th “Unleash the Villains” event was a test for a possible hard-ticket event to be added to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the not-too-distant future. Well, Walt Disney World is expected to begin ticket sales for annual passholders and Disney Vacation Club members tomorrow, June 5th, for the very first “Villains Unleashed” after hours party to be held on August 23, 2014 from 8PM-1AM. Tickets will be sold to the general public starting June 9th

This is a thread on the DIS boards... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3286828

I just saw this over on wdwmagic! Naturally, it is the day before we are there :headache:. While part of me can only think about how much of a nightmare I heard it was last year, the rest of me assumes they would have learned their lesson and I would LOVE to go to this.
Oh wellllll.

So i was just reading the BOG FP threads and looks like only up to July 1st is open so far. SO slow........

I've been debating this all day. Yesterday, my thoughts were no.....my kids are too young and they're not really nighttime people, but my husband seems so excited.....part of me wants to.....part of me knows it's not really worth it for us. So confused.....:scratchin

I'm coming up to 60 days. I have some questions. Can i do it after get home from work or will everything already be gone? Once I hit the first day of the 60 day mark, I can book Fps for my whole stay, right? we're onsite. Did you all have your Fps all planned before you booked or did you wait to see what would be available? lastly, if you use EMH hrs and get there at rope drop and do a few headliners, would you get mid-morning FPs or book them for the evening when you've returned from a nap at the hotel? thanks in advance

I booked mine three nights ago. I got on at 11:01 Central, so 12:01 FL time. For the days of my trip there were plenty of Anna and Elsa and 7 Dwarf Mine-Train fast passes. However, Toy Story Mania and Soarin' was already limited. I did plan my days out, used EasyWDW as my guide. I wasn't able to get everything at the time I wanted , but I did get everything I wanted. Hope that helps!

Well, looks like I am now also an August vacation-er with the release of the Villan's Unleashed event. Short one night trip. I'm excited though!

We're hoping there's still tickets available on Monday when they release villains unleashed to the public. It's so exciting they have added something during the end of August!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We're hoping there's still tickets available on Monday when they release villains unleashed to the public. It's so exciting they have added something during the end of August!

Be sure to call right away that day! I had a 30min wait to speak to a ticket person tonight, and that was with only the ap holders buying. Fingers crossed for you!

I've been debating this all day. Yesterday, my thoughts were no.....my kids are too young and they're not really nighttime people, but my husband seems so excited.....part of me wants to.....part of me knows it's not really worth it for us. So confused.....:scratchin

That's me exactly. The 23rd is our last night and we have an early flight Sunday, so I thought we wouldn't go until I mentioned it to DH and sons. All 3 of them were immediately excited. Now, I'm kind of excited, too. We've never been to any Disney party.

Of course, now I have to obsess about getting tickets for the next 3 days! Thank goodness my Monday is wide open. Lol.

We're hoping there's still tickets available on Monday when they release villains unleashed to the public. It's so exciting they have added something during the end of August! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I already have my mum primed to make the call on Monday - 6am Florida time is 11am UK time and I'll be at work!

It'd just be easier to link to my PTR where I have my handy dandy color coded Excel Spreadsheet :rotfl2:

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51586076&postcount=47

A couple of them are place holders (hence why Spaceship Earth shows up twice, as does Mission: SPACE - though they're both rides we'd do multiple times so they'll probably just stay) just because the system kept trying to give us rides we don't enjoy.

It's also the first time I'm getting Jem on RnRC and Splash Mountain! I haven't been on either in about six years!

Ok, so I never thought I'd need to be a spreadsheet person for Disney (and honestly, I'm a little annoyed that I kinda have to be now), but that looked really fun! I might just have to make my own, all color-coded and pretty!

I'm so sad I'm missing the villains by a day! I would have loved that!!

Aaaaaand I am officially in the 60s! Wooooooo!! The question in my head is: Can I stay up til midnight on a school night to make my FPs?? The answer is: probably not ;)

lol my uncle is a spreadsheet person (he does them for work too) so it's rubbed off on me - I do it so I have a decent place to put all my reservation numbers just in case and so I don't kill my phone's battery checking for ADR times every two seconds :rotfl2:

I already have my mum primed to make the call on Monday - 6am Florida time is 11am UK time and I'll be at work!

Lol 6am there is 4 am here...it's going to make for a loooong Monday but totally worth it if we get tickets :-)

I'm getting close to 60 days. Can someone please clarify the steps I'll take to reserve Fps? I go to MDE, select make plans and pick the Fps, eight? then can you print them all at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter