*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

This one.....either AK or EP day

il_570xN.1215227968_avq2.jpg

My goodness . . . she is going to be the best dressed little lady in the park!

Booked the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise for our trip, I've wanted to do it for awhile now and while my boys most likely won't be thrilled with the idea, from everything I've read I think they'll have a good time once it starts!

Staying at POP August 4-15. My daughter's 18th birthday and her friends 19th birthday and first visit.
We'll be at POP the 5th-7th before moving over to the WL. However I've changed that first resort stay twice now so we'll see if POP sticks................:rolleyes1

Worst part of an august Disney trip is wishing your summer away, with that said I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!!

yup, i keep saying that to myself... we wait all year round for summer - through long cold winter and rainy spring...... I hate to wish for 8/19 to be here as summer literally JUST STARTED here in MA! Two days after we get back, school starts up again so summer is OVER.

Wow what a morning! Was online and refreshing like mad at 6:59!! Worked backward from our AK day of course and was able to get FOP for right before dinner (there were other times, but that one worked best for us). Got FEA (remember that hard to get one?) last one of the day on our way out of the park from F&W and Illuminations! Then looked up from the computer and realized I had to leave to for work in 5 minutes...lol! Thankful for evening showers and "natural" make-up, threw on some clothes and out the door I went. Couldn't wait to get to work to finish up and fine tune. Low and behold, my boss comes in earlier than expected and decided to have a 30 minute convo at my desk about his mother in law!!! Ughh. 3 and a half hours later, I am done (well for the first go round at least, we all know we will change a thousand times before the trip).

Question...Since we have FOP just before dinner, we need to standby NRJ. Thoughts on whether we should rope drop (EMM) or try it around our FOP FP time?

My brain hurts!!!

yup, i keep saying that to myself... we wait all year round for summer - through long cold winter and rainy spring...... I hate to wish for 8/19 to be here as summer literally JUST STARTED here in MA! Two days after we get back, school starts up again so summer is OVER.
Wow your summer is short! we have been out since mid May (no snow days this year) and we go back 8/16-1 day after we get back.Well we get back the 14th but we have a later flight and by time we drive home (3 hours) I am counting that as only one day to recover!
Booked the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise for our trip, I've wanted to do it for awhile now and while my boys most likely won't be thrilled with the idea, from everything I've read I think they'll have a good time once it starts!

We'll be at POP the 5th-7th before moving over to the WL. However I've changed that first resort stay twice now so we'll see if POP sticks................:rolleyes1
We are at CSR 7-9-jus' sayin. But we plan more pool time during this period. Hoping construction isn't too bad, but from reports it doesn't seem to be.

Wow your summer is short! we have been out since mid May (no snow days this year) and we go back 8/16-1 day after we get back.Well we get back the 14th but we have

well, it really *shouldn't* be so short, but seeing as how I had the HEAT on in the house until about 2 weeks ago....maybe even a week and a half ago.....:rolleyes:

Worst part of an august Disney trip is wishing your summer away, with that said I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!!
I was just thinking about this the other day! So true. It felt like our summer was just getting started last year when we went around the same time, and when we got back home it was too cold to use the pool anymore!
And, fall decor will be up while we are there...So crazy!

well, it really *shouldn't* be so short, but seeing as how I had the HEAT on in the house until about 2 weeks ago....maybe even a week and a half ago.....:rolleyes:
We had a crazy winter/spring/summer- Happy hour outside in Short sleeves in FEBRUARY (but next week was back to jackets), then super cool, then warm, then perfect. Normally we are dying with humidity by this time-but until today it hasn't been bad at all (give or take a few days here and there). Keep telling my daughter we need to get out in late afternoon and walk to acclimate to humidity/heat of afternoon like it will be in Florida-instead it has been gorgeous in afternoons!
But HEAT in june? eek-haven't had to deal with that since childhood in North Dakota!:P

Staying offsite on 8/12 so we can get up super early on 8/13, move the car to BLT and walk to MK for early morning magic! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get a Dole Whip on day 1 while wearing my "Please stand clear of my Dole Whip" shirt lol.

And, fall decor will be up while we are there...So crazy!

I do NOT like that they put up the fall/halloween stuff so early. Seriously.........8/25 for the first Halloween party?!?! That is terrible, I still just want to see flip flops and surfboards, not jack o lanterns. I am so glad our last park day is 8/24 so I don't have to see any of the fall stuff (hopefully)

Wow your summer is short! we have been out since mid May (no snow days this year) and we go back 8/16-1
I didn't see this before :) Our elementary schools just finished last Thursday, the 23rd, but we don't go back until the day after Labor Day so it's still long just different than most of the country! My sister is in Ga., her boys were out before Memorial Day and go back 8/7!

I do NOT like that they put up the fall/halloween stuff so early. Seriously.........8/25 for the first Halloween party?!?! That is terrible, I still just want to see flip flops and surfboards, not jack o lanterns. I am so glad our last park day is 8/24 so I don't have to see any of the fall stuff (hopefully)
As much as I love all the fall decor down there (my favorite season in general and my favorite season to visit) it's very weird having it up when it's 100 degrees outside. We did MNSSHP a few years ago on Labor Day. Previously we'd done it in Oct. and while it as still on the warmer side it "felt" fall-ish. That Labor Day one felt completely out place. I'd do it again (and we were supposed to before we had to change our dates to early Aug) but yeah, something about it just isn't right!

I was just saying the same thing to my son. I can't wait for Disney, and yet, I don't want to rush it, because by the time we get back, school starts in a few days, and the summer is over.

I also don't want to wish the summer away. I can't believe that today is July already, but at the same time I can't wait to be in Disney again. Once we get back 8/23, the kids will start school the following Monday. I wish I could afford to go twice a year. Wouldn't that be great??

I have a little different plan. My son has 4 more years in school, daughter is already a college kid, and nearly finished. My plan is to move to the Orlando area after the son has graduated, and work for Disney. I'm tired of the cold winters here in NY, ready for a change of pace :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter