*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Thank you

We stopped doing Ohana...last 2 times we were there the food was not that great. IDK maybe it just wore off on us.
We didn't dislike the food, but we did find that the meal felt rushed. The next round of food was consistently brought out before we were done eating the previous, so either you moved on, or the food was tepid by the time you got to it. Not the level of service that we used to get there.

How is everyone feeling about their August trip? Think it's gonna happen? I'm a flood of emotions I don't know how to feel about this

How is everyone feeling about their August trip? Think it's gonna happen? I'm a flood of emotions I don't know how to feel about this
We will most likely cancel. I’m not 100% certain yet. But our dollar is bad, my husband is laid off and with I’m guessing social distancing guidelines in place in the parks, the uncertainty of what will be open/closed, etc...

I just don’t think it will be worth it for us this soon. We’ll see.

I'm guessing (big guess) that the parks will be open with limited amount of people allowed in (possibly just on-site resort guests and maybe some AP) I think they will start re-staffing (maybe June) starting with the union, full-time, then maybe part-time and last get the DCP kids back. This is all my personal guess.

Thank you

We stopped doing Ohana...last 2 times we were there the food was not that great. IDK maybe it just wore off on us.

Thanks for then input. I've heard mixed reviews.. tbh... I love Poly and dream of staying there one day. With free dining, we were hoping to get a taste of that resort with Ohana. 😎😎😎

I am not feeling too great... We will continue looking at the news and follow guidelines. Hard to predict what August will be like. We want to be smart about it... but really love our family summer vacay. We might use the vacation fund for renovations. 😉

I flip flop daily as to whether I think it’s going to happen. My biggest fear is if it’s open but when we return to Canada we need to quarantine for 2 weeks. If that’s the case we won’t be able to go, because we won’t have enough vacation time for 2 weeks in Florida and 2 weeks at home. Plus it would mean the kids would miss the first 2 weeks of school due to being quarantined.
But, who knows. I’m still hopeful for the most part :)

So I just got 'notified' that our flight w/ frontier has changed and we now have a layover. Definitely not going to work for us. I cancelled the flight. It looks less and less like August is good. We have until June 22 to cancel our condo portion but I'm wondering if we should and then just take the $500 back. Ugh August was the back up to June and I'm trying to hold out for June but idk..... so sad.

So I just got 'notified' that our flight w/ frontier has changed and we now have a layover. Definitely not going to work for us. I cancelled the flight. It looks less and less like August is good. We have until June 22 to cancel our condo portion but I'm wondering if we should and then just take the $500 back. Ugh August was the back up to June and I'm trying to hold out for June but idk..... so sad.
why cancel? Can you get on another airline?

I flip flop daily as to whether I think it’s going to happen. My biggest fear is if it’s open but when we return to Canada we need to quarantine for 2 weeks. If that’s the case we won’t be able to go, because we won’t have enough vacation time for 2 weeks in Florida and 2 weeks at home. Plus it would mean the kids would miss the first 2 weeks of school due to being quarantined.
But, who knows. I’m still hopeful for the most part :)

These are all excellent points! I moved our trip from the last week in June to the last week of August but I just don’t know if it makes sense for us to go then. If the resort has not returned to full operations, it’s very hard for me to justify spending that amount of money for only a partial experience. We are travelling from Canada as well and so it’s not just a hop skip and a jump to get to Disney. I will also be the only adult travelling with my two kids and if heaven forbid any of us contracted the virus and got sick, that is not something that I would want to be dealing with in another country. I can think of several unpleasant scenarios that could occur which makes me question whether the risk is even worth it. I also don’t know at this point what insurance would or would not cover. I think when people are generically talking about ‘will you or won’t you go on your Disney trip’, there are a wide range of parameters that apply to different people and we all have to take these things into consideration when we decide whether or not we are going to travel to Disney this summer or even this year. I’m trying to think of when might be a reasonable time to reschedule to but until there is a vaccine, I really don’t want to be travelling to Disney during cold and flu season…that is something that I would typically avoid, let alone with this whole COVID-19 situation. I would love to go back to Disney and given everything that’s been going on, that want is especially strong right now but I I suppose I will just have to wait to see how things unfold and make the decision that’s best for my family and I. Wishing everyone all the best with their plans :)!!

Aug 2 - Aug 7 Lumpy1106 BLT

This is our "welcome home" trip, first time DVC, 2 years in the planning. I am optimistic now that there are some benchmarks to get back to normal. That said, we are Feb UY, only 19, 2019 points banked, and flying on JetBlue air miles. If it gets cancelled, we'll try and rent the 19 points, bank the 2020 points and plan a more grandiose Aug 2021 trip. Not much will be lost...except the vacation we REALLY need about now.

Last edited:
Hi all, please add me in! Aug. 3-11 at Boardwalk Villas. We rescheduled from July for a variety of reasons. Only moved by about two weeks but it works better for us and increases the chances that there is recovery from this awful pandemic and that more of Disney might be operating. Fingers crossed for all of us!! Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get any ADRs (not too optimistic with the free dining offer for folks who've rebooked but we'll take what we can get!). I'll post how it goes!

August 15-22 for us. We're booked at Pop for now (I really enjoyed the Skyliner when we took a quick trip in January), but we might upgrade when it gets closer, since we really like the Epcot resort area.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter