*** Official August 2021 thread ***

I jump over the fence every hour. 😂
Whelp, we "cancelled." I moved our dates to August 3-10, 2022. No problems or fees from Disney, and I even moved our flights with Frontier for $0! :oops: They were originally flights from 2020 that we moved back then. I still can't figure out why the website didn't charge change fees (and I've changed these flights twice in less than a week). My daughter is handling everything WAY better than myself and my husband. Ultimately for us, even the small risk isn't worth it when combined with the diminished experience.

I really appreciate all of the conversation, reports and feedback. I think I'll still around and see how others do in the coming couple of weeks.

Just back from the month of July at OKW. Now we have Aug 20 - 25th. trip. Slightly nervous because I have work trip scheduled for Aug. 30th and cannot afford a COVID quarantine.

Just an FYI, with the new DL annual pass announcement a few moments ago they said DW annual passes would be back before 10/1 with more info coming this month. Hoping they will be back in time to convert my tickets at the end of the month to APs but we shall see.

"And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog. "

Whelp, we "cancelled." I moved our dates to August 3-10, 2022. No problems or fees from Disney, and I even moved our flights with Frontier for $0! :oops: They were originally flights from 2020 that we moved back then. I still can't figure out why the website didn't charge change fees (and I've changed these flights twice in less than a week). My daughter is handling everything WAY better than myself and my husband. Ultimately for us, even the small risk isn't worth it when combined with the diminished experience.

I really appreciate all of the conversation, reports and feedback. I think I'll still around and see how others do in the coming couple of weeks.
I'm sorry you had to cancel. It's a difficult decision but hopefully you feel better knowing the decision has been made. I know I felt relief last August and again this July once we finally made our decisions and cancelled our trips.
Just an FYI, with the new DL annual pass announcement a few moments ago they said DW annual passes would be back before 10/1 with more info coming this month. Hoping they will be back in time to convert my tickets at the end of the month to APs but we shall see.

"And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog. "
Link to information above: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...c-offering-with-choice-flexibility-and-value/

These airline cancellations from Spirit (should have known better) are adding another layer of stress...so far my flight hasn't been cancelled for Friday but my flight time was cancelled today and already tomorrow. I wish they would just cancel it already so I can re-book somewhere else.

It's the uncertainty!

Would one of you fine people point me in the direction of a thread that lists the Table Service restaurants that also offer mobile order? Or do they all?

Would one of you fine people point me in the direction of a thread that lists the Table Service restaurants that also offer mobile order? Or do they all?
The best way to see the options is to use your MyDisneyExperience app.

Click the + sign at the bottom of the screen and select 'Order Food'

That option will list every location you can mobile order food including table service locations. You will need to scroll past the parks first to see the options available at the resorts. The resorts are listed in alphabetical order with their options below them. You can also view their menus and prices.

Good news for those who have been waiting on APs. :dogdance:
But does anyone get the feeling that "new pass sales" is code for ("better be sitting down when you read the news....'cause we're jacking up the price to infinity and beyond!)

Good news for those who have been waiting on APs. :dogdance:
But does anyone get the feeling that "new pass sales" is code for ("better be sitting down when you read the news....'cause we're jacking up the price to infinity and beyond!)

My guess is that there will be an increase but I dont think they would do the same tiers like DL is doing, but who knows. whatever they do will benefit them i can be sure of that lol

I'm sorry you had to cancel. It's a difficult decision but hopefully you feel better knowing the decision has been made. I know I felt relief last August and again this July once we finally made our decisions and cancelled our trips.
Thank you and yes, my husband especially is happy and feels we did the right thing. We’re looking forward to spending some time exploring parts of our state that we’ve never explored.

Looks like APs should be getting an email soon for Remy previews. Now I definitely hope the APs go on sale again soon lol.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/08/remy...nnual-passholder-preview-details-coming-soon/
I hope I get the email! I have an AP but I don’t think I’ve ever actually gotten one of these preview links emailed to me. I’m going August 20-22 and September 9-14 so maybe I’ll get lucky & it’ll be during one of my trips.

It's so hard to know what to do! DH and I are flying in from Massachusetts in two weeks, and we're both fully vaccinated. We've been so careful for so long, and I'm not worried about getting sick but bringing it back with us. We're DVC members who already postponed this trip LAST year, and we'll lose our points if we don't go by February. I looked at rebooking in a few months, but al the resorts are totally full due to the 50th anniversary celebration!
We are conflicted too and would be flying from New England where our cases are actually much lower than the rest of the country. I already had to pay in full-I am sure Disney would let us move it. We are all vaccinated but all these reports of vaccinated guests testing positive after Disney is making me nervous. Hoping the new indoor mask mandate helps. We are holding out right now and watching things carefully but I have a sinking feeling it is not going to happen. When I booked this not long ago things were looking good! Literally after we told the kids, the FL situation went downhill within days. So now we get to possible deal with a 5th cancelled trip.

We are conflicted too and would be flying from New England where our cases are actually much lower than the rest of the country. I already had to pay in full-I am sure Disney would let us move it. We are all vaccinated but all these reports of vaccinated guests testing positive after Disney is making me nervous. Hoping the new indoor mask mandate helps. We are holding out right now and watching things carefully but I have a sinking feeling it is not going to happen. When I booked this not long ago things were looking good! Literally after we told the kids, the FL situation went downhill within days. So now we get to possible deal with a 5th cancelled trip.

I would just caution to keep the anecdotal "after Disney" stories on a lighter scale, so to speak, because so many factors could be involved in those people's lives. Of course, I totally understand as I'm from the Northeast and we are in the same situation where things are not nearly as heavy caseload, although I have a feeling the numbers will shift here in a month or 2.

I would just caution to keep the anecdotal "after Disney" stories on a lighter scale, so to speak, because so many factors could be involved in those people's lives. Of course, I totally understand as I'm from the Northeast and we are in the same situation where things are not nearly as heavy caseload, although I have a feeling the numbers will shift here in a month or 2.
That is very true! We don't know the full story of those reports. We've also said the same thing-just because the Northeast is ok now, doesn't mean it will stay that way! And we could skip Disney in a few weeks only to get it at school/work etc this fall. We have a little over 2 weeks to make a last minute decision on keeping Disney or just going someplace local/driveable for a few days instead. We are considering Cape Cod but then again their transmission rate is just as high as FL.

3 days to go - going August 7 to August 21. Praying the WDW AP announcement comes out and sales begin before we head home so we can upgrade, otherwise no WDW next summer. 😟

That is very true! We don't know the full story of those reports. We've also said the same thing-just because the Northeast is ok now, doesn't mean it will stay that way! And we could skip Disney in a few weeks only to get it at school/work etc this fall. We have a little over 2 weeks to make a last minute decision on keeping Disney or just going someplace local/driveable for a few days instead. We are considering Cape Cod but then again their transmission rate is just as high as FL.
I did not know that about Cape Cod!!! Very interesting!

These airline cancellations from Spirit (should have known better) are adding another layer of stress...so far my flight hasn't been cancelled for Friday but my flight time was cancelled today and already tomorrow. I wish they would just cancel it already so I can re-book somewhere else.

It's the uncertainty!
Where are you flying out of?I didnt even think to look at cancelation patterns until your post. I'm (hopefully) leaving 8/18 from Boston and the past 2 days (that's all I can see) have been cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter