*** Official August 2021 thread ***

So I also wanted to mention that Red Robin right outside of the Animal Kingdom Lodge location was fabulous. I feel like when we were there last year in Sept 2020, we ate there 4+ times. Our waiter was Adam and he literally was the "Beast" performer normally on one of the Disney cruise ships but was furloughed during that time. He performed for our girls and they just gushed over him. We had a few other waiters/waitresses and they were all wonderful. They certainly do excel at customer service here.

Joining in. Just booked 3-7 at POP. I was waiting for the late Summer discount to come out before making the reservation. It was released this morning.
This will be our 5th time to visit this time of year. DD will be turning 19 on the 6th!

After some time away from the board I am back! August friends, we are staying at Boardwalk Villas 8/21 - 8/28. I know it will be a bittt busier than August 2020 but excited as always :)

There's a lot of chatter about things opening up and requirements changing, etc. I'll be very interested to see if anything changes by the time I get there near the end of August. I'm hoping if anything changes it's better, not worse. I've had a really great time on my October 2020 and March 2021 trips and I am a little ashamed to say that I love the current park rules, no FP, 60 day ADRs, etc.

I hope they won't loosen mask requirements indoors until kids can get vaccinated. I also REALLY hope Pfizer gets that vaccine approved for the 6mos-12 year old group by October! Come on drug studies!

I am glad that MK will be decorated for Halloween. I'm not too excited about Boo Bash, we are one of the few that did not really think MNSSHP was worth the money. It was the most crowded we have ever been in any of the parks. I doubt it will be on our August agenda, but never say never.

Who else wants to go to the newly announced Boo Bash?
Love to go. This would be my first ticketed event since we relocated here from SoCal. We went to the Oogie Boogie Bash at California Adventure and had a blast, but I'm looking forward to experiencing it in a castle park (with a Haunted Mansion!) again.

hi! just booked for august 22-27! we're so excited! haven't been since 2017 when my little one was 2! they've been asking to go for a while now, and dh and i always want to go! we decided we're going to road trip it and drive from new jersey! so it'll be an adventure! so excited to hear about the boo bash as mnsshp was something dh i did every time we went (pre kids lol) and i think our girls will love it!

Sorry, we had to move our trip to July.

Last edited:
Hi all, debating a last-minute trip end of August but probably won't be able to confirm/book for another month or two. If we wanted to book POP from Aug 22-27, when should we book by to ensure that rooms are available and discount is still offered?

Hi all, debating a last-minute trip end of August but probably won't be able to confirm/book for another month or two. If we wanted to book POP from Aug 22-27, when should we book by to ensure that rooms are available and discount is still offered?

I'd book now and cancel if the trip doesn't work out for you. It seems that resort availability is extremely limited and the longer you wait to book, the greater chance a room at POP may not be available.

Reactions: rlk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter