*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Booked at Movies August 14-22! We have Boo Bash tickets for the 17th since kiddo is now able to stay up late (thank you, tweenage sleepovers!). Just realized our ADR day is the same day that Boo Bash tickets are released online. Hopefully I'll have at least that 6 AM hour free of tech issues if tickets go on sale at 7. (Insert laughing sound here.)

Booked at Movies August 14-22! We have Boo Bash tickets for the 17th since kiddo is now able to stay up late (thank you, tweenage sleepovers!). Just realized our ADR day is the same day that Boo Bash tickets are released online. Hopefully I'll have at least that 6 AM hour free of tech issues if tickets go on sale at 7. (Insert laughing sound here.)

Good luck!

My ADR was June 8th - the first day Boo Bash tickets went on sale. I had no issues at 6am. We did get everything we wanted.

I usually have a bounceback dining plan and book 14-20 meals for a 2 week stay. It felt really weird to book only 4 meals and 2 Oga ADR.

Good luck!

My ADR was June 8th - the first day Boo Bash tickets went on sale. I had no issues at 6am. We did get everything we wanted.

I usually have a bounceback dining plan and book 14-20 meals for a 2 week stay. It felt really weird to book only 4 meals and 2 Oga ADR.
Our trip is later in August and I've decided to dream big and hope (although not expect) that the DDP may be back by then. I'm going to book our ADRs as if we have the dining plan and if it's still gone cancel what we won't be using. I'm hoping with the return of the College Program that it might offer them the opportunity to open more dining.

While I'm dreaming I'm also going to dream that they bring back some sort of bounceback offer. Until the DDP was cancelled last year, we had a 10 year run of returning during free dining. Would love to see that offer come back again!

Our trip is later in August and I've decided to dream big and hope (although not expect) that the DDP may be back by then. I'm going to book our ADRs as if we have the dining plan and if it's still gone cancel what we won't be using. I'm hoping with the return of the College Program that it might offer them the opportunity to open more dining.

While I'm dreaming I'm also going to dream that they bring back some sort of bounceback offer. Until the DDP was cancelled last year, we had a 10 year run of returning during free dining. Would love to see that offer come back again!
I like the way you think! This would be our last trip before my twins are “disney adults” since they turn 10 in December, so I would love one last dining plan trip before the plan price doubles.

I had been really skeptical about fastpass returning but it seems there is really some momentum building on that rumor. Fingers crossed!

It's ADR Day, and I got everything! Unless something else needs to be coordinated, likely the only thing I'll want to change is to try to get Topolino's a little earlier on the 14th (8:10 PM currently). It's our arrival day, though it may be OK if we grab something to eat once we get to the Riviera around 3 so we're not too hungry that late.

It's ADR Day, and I got everything! Unless something else needs to be coordinated, likely the only thing I'll want to change is to try to get Topolino's a little earlier on the 14th (8:10 PM currently). It's our arrival day, though it may be OK if we grab something to eat once we get to the Riviera around 3 so we're not too hungry that late.
I was super pleasantly surprised by ADR availability too. Hopefully that means it won’t be too crowded, but it could just be they aren’t planning on distancing tables any more.

We’ll actually be at Topolino’s at dinner around the same time as you that day (little earlier, 7:20, but we will overlap especially if u move your ressie earlier)! It’s DH’s birthday so if you see a family with three boys, 9 y old twins and a 5 y old and a tall dad with a birthday pin that’s us! Small world!

Is anyone else obsessively checking on-line for the return of FP+? I'm not trying to start a thread about whether or not it's a good thing, or if it needs to come back....it's just I realized I'm so afraid it will open up when I'm not paying attention. I really wish DIsney would just say something like August is not a possibility for FP, or even, August is possible...at least I would know that my obsessive checking isn't a waste of time. I'm stressing myself out over this.

some updated hours were added to july also. 7/1 - 7/10 MK is open until 11. then from 7/11 to 7/31 it is open until 10. here is hoping we get some updated hours in august as well as we get closer

some updated hours were added to july also. 7/1 - 7/10 MK is open until 11. then from 7/11 to 7/31 it is open until 10. here is hoping we get some updated hours in august as well as we get closer
Looks like they have also posted fireworks times: 9:15pm for HEA, 10pm for Epcot forever. Wish Epcot was a smidge earlier for my early-to-bed kiddies, but oh well.

We are headed to Pop 8/9-15! This is a redo of our cancelled 2020 trip. Smaller scale, due to increased costs, but the grandparents will be coming, only their 2nd time, so exciting! I did have trouble booking ADRs for our party of 7. We had to split as 3/4 for all meals. We got all our top choice restaurants, but had to be flexible with days and do lunches rather than dinners. We have never been on the Skyliner. Can’t wait!

We are headed to Pop 8/9-15! This is a redo of our cancelled 2020 trip. Smaller scale, due to increased costs, but the grandparents will be coming, only their 2nd time, so exciting! I did have trouble booking ADRs for our party of 7. We had to split as 3/4 for all meals. We got all our top choice restaurants, but had to be flexible with days and do lunches rather than dinners. We have never been on the Skyliner. Can’t wait!
You are going to love the skyliner!! It is so much fun and so relaxing compared to buses.

Looks like they have also posted fireworks times: 9:15pm for HEA, 10pm for Epcot forever. Wish Epcot was a smidge earlier for my early-to-bed kiddies, but oh well.

Does anyone know - Will HEA still start at 9:15 on a Boo Bash night?

Does anyone know - Will HEA still start at 9:15 on a Boo Bash night?
Nobody knows for sure. Traditionally, at MK the fireworks happen before the after hours event starts so day guests can still enjoy them. But MNSSHP had fireworks only for party guests. I think part of the reason the first parties in August start at 9:30 rather than 9 is to allow fireworks at 9 before the park closes to day guests. Then as sunset moves earlier in Sept/Oct the party starts at 9 and MK will shift fireworks to 8:30. Just a guess though

Wondering how starting fireworks "after the park closes" will work. Assuming they will allow people who are in line for a ride before closing to stay and then at closing the line will be closed to new people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter