*** Official August 2021 thread ***

I was hoping additional hours would be announced today.

Do you think that MK, AK or Epcot will have hours added to August, or have we reached the point that if they were going to, they would have already?

And, HEA and Epcot Forever still aren't on the calendar for August. Is it certain that they will be offered in August? Maybe this is a good thing? No fireworks times yet because the closing times aren't set?
I'm still expecting hours to be extended and fireworks to be added for August. I think schedule changes could be made with as little as 1-2 weeks notice.

In Touring Plans the plans are already assuming fireworks...hoping something for Hollywood Studios as well. Really liked those Star Wars fireworks/footage to end the night.

In Touring Plans the plans are already assuming fireworks...hoping something for Hollywood Studios as well. Really liked those Star Wars fireworks/footage to end the night.

Hmmm... I was working on my plan 2 nights ago and it wouldn't allow me to add fireworks at Epcot ("there are no shows on your date"). I was trying to add Epcot Forever, not Harmonious. They must have just started allowing it (or maybe not for my dates yet?). I'll go try again now.

Hmmm... I was working on my plan 2 nights ago and it wouldn't allow me to add fireworks at Epcot ("there are no shows on your date"). I was trying to add Epcot Forever, not Harmonious. They must have just started allowing it (or maybe not for my dates yet?). I'll go try again now.
I stand corrected. Must not have tried to add it...it had a time. Sorry about that. Got the same error.

Looks like additional reservations have been released for Oga's! Was just able to book an 8:50pm Oga reservations for my trip in late August.

I just got an 8:40pm. Do you think they'll extend hours to 9pm, or will this be a post-closing visit?

Fingers crossed this is a post-closing reservation. But if they extend the park hours to 9pm, we would still get to walk out after park close.

I just got an 8:40pm. Do you think they'll extend hours to 9pm, or will this be a post-closing visit?
I have a 7:55 reservation that I booked a week before the hours were extended to 8 pm. Restaurants typically don’t take reservations past closing. Maybe another hours extension is coming!

I have a 7:55 reservation that I booked a week before the hours were extended to 8 pm. Restaurants typically don’t take reservations past closing. Maybe another hours extension is coming!
Oga's has been a bit of an exception. For our March trip they started accepting reservations an hour after closing but didn't extend the hours to match. They just let people keep coming in after closing. Since Oga's is a much shorter experience than your typical TS restaurant, it makes sense to take ADRs later since it does not impact the actual park shutdown (i.e. 45 mins maximum at Oga's versus ~90 minutes for a full TS dinner).

Hi friends! Just saw that they’re moving The Wave breakfast to California Grill! Was easily able to snag a reservation for early Aug.

Hi friends! Just saw that they’re moving The Wave breakfast to California Grill! Was easily able to snag a reservation for early Aug.

We've never eaten breakfast at The Wave. What's it's best meal. Looks reasonable, and my dd and I might even be able to share their 'Wave Feast'.

May I ask what date you booked a breakfast reservation? I'm trying for Thurs, Aug 26th and the only option is Dinner at California Grill but breakfast is showing as available at The Wave.

Last edited:
We've never eaten breakfast at The Wave. What's it's best meal. Looks reasonable, and my dd and I might even be able to share their 'Wave Feast'.

It’s Pete Werner’s (TheDis’ fearless leader) favorite breakfast spot, he loves their bacon and eggs. I’ve never been but I’ve also heard endless raves of their sweet potato pancakes. The prices look more than reasonable, so I’m really happy to get to try it for myself!

It looks like 10:45 is the latest breakfast I can book. We'll have to see if we can work that out with our MK plans for that day. I've always wanted to see the view from up there!

May I ask what date you booked a breakfast reservation? I'm trying for Thurs, Aug 26th and the only option is Dinner at California Grill but breakfast is showing as available at The Wave.
Looks like maybe no Thursdays because this is the day I am trying for on my trip with no luck. I have Chef Mickey's the AM of my daughter's b-day (Monday) and don't want to cancel (although it would save me mucho $) and the next Park Pass for MK is Thursday...so no luck.

Looks like maybe no Thursdays because this is the day I am trying for on my trip with no luck. I have Chef Mickey's the AM of my daughter's b-day (Monday) and don't want to cancel (although it would save me mucho $) and the next Park Pass for MK is Thursday...so no luck.
Only Thursday, August 12 seems to be a no-go. Every other Thursday looks open.

Oops for forgot to answer your question— I booked for Aug 3 at 10:45. I did see 10:55 as an option also.

LOL, I will just say I'm officially confused! :) My trip is late August (Aug 24th forward) and I can book breakfast at The Wave but not The California Grill.

I would like to eat the The California Grill to see it's beautiful view but dinner is out of my price bracket. Eating 'The Wave' breakfast there would be ideal - if I could figure out how to book a reservation. 🙃

Is anyone else able to book a breakfast at The California Grill? I've tried unsuccessfully on my laptop and MDE app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter